Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 23 Dec 2002, 17:39 (Ref:456264)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GPL Stereo Car Sounds

I've just happened upon these stereo car sounds while looking to change mine. They are (apparently) the original 8-bit car sounds from GPL converted to 16-bit with one channel reversed (whatever that means).

So far I've only tried the Eagle, Lotus and Ferrari and I really like them. They say that when you change the sounds, it can make a psychological difference to your times. On only my second lap in the Lotus at Spa, I set a new pb. Make of that what you will.

Here is the link to the thread at racesimcentral from which you can download the zips for each of the 7 sounds.

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/show...reo+AND+sounds

You may well have to register there (like you originally did here) to be able to download the zips.

If you don't already have Nigel Pattinson's Carsound utility, you will need it. You can get it from here

http://gplea.racesimcentral.com/

(Click on SOUNDS - you'll see the utility for download.)

The Carsound utility opens the sound.dat file in the GPL/Sounds folder, separating the 7 car wav files (and the skid.wav). You can then back them up and replace them with either the wavs I've pointed you to or any others of your choice.

Right, I'm off to VROC to try out the other 4 sounds.......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 23 Dec 2002 at 17:40.
Old 24 Dec 2002, 09:47 (Ref:456662)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If anyone has any trouble downloading these 7 wav files, I'll be happy to zip them for you if you PM me an e-mail address.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 13:42 (Ref:473002)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Actually, I'm now only still using one wav file from this sound set - the fer.wav. Try downloading Wolfgang Buthe's sound set (see the thread on RSC). The Brabham, Cooper and BRM sounds are the best I've heard yet. You can also get the player which you run outside of GPL, lets you test out any sound you like (using your throttle pedal) and will then save your choice to GPL. Saves a great deal of time.