Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Apr 2002, 20:38 (Ref:249317)   #1
Erdosfreak
Rookie

Erdosfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The sprint race (from paddock hill)

Sprint race:
Lap one everyone makes good start, but Anthony Ried runs through gravel at paddock. Going through Graham hill both GA Alfas and Mark Thomas, who gets away, collide leavng the Alfas standed. Thommo's engine fails. Safety car time after those incidents and on the restart everyone is away and the field stays quiet for a few laps.
Mull leads touring Boardman leads production until his team mate pushes him wide and takes the lead. A couple of laps later Tom and the beacon motorsport cars come together sending Mark Thomas spinning up Hailwood hill.
Muller suffers a puncture and Neal takes the lead at Druids. A few minutes later Harvey goes off at Druids from 4th place.
In the closing stages O' Neill picks up the pace and on the final lap challenges Eaves and coming down to clearways has a lunge but a puncture sends him into the wall with a massive impact.
Both Hondas and Protons fail to finish. Slight has problems and has to pity but finishes.
Simon Takes production win from Collard and Marsh.

Results
Neal
Eaves
Chilton
Reid
Muller
Simon
Collard
Marsh
Edwards
Templeton
Slight
(RETIREMENTS)
O'neill
Harvey
Morrison
Priaulx
Lesile
Boardman
Bennett
Hughes
Fullalove
Kaye
Saunders
Blencowe
Thomas
Thompson
Wood (Not Start)

As for race 2 it was mainly behind the safety car and nothing as good as race 1. Well done to Thommo but bad luck to O'neill and chilton in R2.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 20:42 (Ref:249321)   #2
Erdosfreak
Rookie

Erdosfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the way the retirements are not in order and slight probably didnt finish behind every super prod but the place thing at brand only shoes top six and i lost track of slight when he pitted.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 21:00 (Ref:249337)   #3
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I watched the sprint race from Clearways, pretty good viewing actually. Mark Fullalove came together with Simon but came to a rest in the gravel.

Worst one was O'Neill, horrible impact, luckily he was OK and he got a cheer from the crowd when he finally emerged from his car, after a couple of worrying minutes.

Having said that there were an alarming number of punctures, I think they must have been from Dingle Dell but I can't be sure.

For race 2 I went to paddock where O'Neill had another bidg one, put a bit of a hole in the armcoe too!!