Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 May 2003, 13:49 (Ref:592388)   #26
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Question:

From looking at one of Bernard's Pics from the back, the front fenders look like "pontoon" fenders without the attachments that Audi has and Cadillac had last year....

Are they allowed for 2003, but must have the attachment for 2004?

I just want to make sure I have my rules and years straight...

Thanks!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 7 May 2003, 14:51 (Ref:592452)   #27
hartham
Rookie

United Kingdom
Corsham, Wiltshire
hartham has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the fenders are not fully pontooned, but had an additional tail to them which flicked the front diffuser air out away from the sidepod, kinda like an apostrophe. There is the usual front bodywork which covers the wishbones, but no additions from the top surface to the tub or from the trailing edge joining to the front of the sidepods. As for regs, I am not too sure what is required for 2004, I'll have to look it up!
Old 7 May 2003, 15:53 (Ref:592503)   #28
19000RPM
Rookie

United States
Naples FL & Atlanta GA
19000RPM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe you've got it right Tim. Pontoon or formula-style fenders are still legal for this year but will be limited according to the new 2004 regs.

-Jeremy
Old 7 May 2003, 18:40 (Ref:592681)   #29
batcave
Rookie

batcave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately guys the taurus lola will not be on the grid come June unless a team drops out! Don't want to speak out of turn to all you fans but i am hoping that Larbre withdraw due to them being in receivership!What are your thoughts.
Aysedasi you know the score!!!!!!!!
Old 7 May 2003, 20:58 (Ref:592853)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tricky one eh? We'd all like to see 'em there but....

I'm really not sure about Larbre. They were always bankrolled by Mr. Fridge (Jean-Luc Chereau) but his name is missing for the first time for years in 2003. With Larbre's Le Mans "pedigree", however, the ACO won't boot them out (they were respectable at the Test Day anyway), but I wonder if the ACO would go so far as to get them to confirm their financial viability for June? Not unreasonable?

BTW - Is it Larbre Competition in receivership or M. Chereau?
Old 7 May 2003, 21:03 (Ref:592858)   #31
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
BTW - Is it Larbre Competition in receivership or M. Chereau?
No the team is still in business. It Chereau that are in receivership. This happen over the winter over taxes owed to the French government.
Old 7 May 2003, 21:04 (Ref:592860)   #32
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it's Chereau
Old 7 May 2003, 21:13 (Ref:592878)   #33
19000RPM
Rookie

United States
Naples FL & Atlanta GA
19000RPM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about the Sezio Norma? If there is an entry that does not belong in the field, its this one. It was absolutely horrifying at Petit last year and Sebring this year. Meanwhile, taurus was very impressive at Sebring and clocked some fast laps at the test day. Simply, Taurus deserve a shot at the 24 and Sezio does not. Why would the ACO allow a proven, competitive entry to sit on the sidelines?

-Jeremy
Old 7 May 2003, 21:17 (Ref:592884)   #34
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
They were always bankrolled by Mr. Fridge (Jean-Luc Chereau) but his name is missing for the first time for years in 2003.

but the truck in the paddock last week was still in his "Chereau" colour scheme
Old 7 May 2003, 21:18 (Ref:592886)   #35
batcave
Rookie

the rumour is they have not paid the entry fee! means nothing though coz they are french! However it is an expensive biz and dosh is not too readily available.
Old 7 May 2003, 21:21 (Ref:592890)   #36
batcave
Rookie

To 19000rpm, Sezio is french and thats all there is to it.
Old 7 May 2003, 21:24 (Ref:592896)   #37
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have a feeling we might not be see Larbre at Le Mans this year, which is a great shame.

But from what it says over on DSC and reading between the lines, it seems that they have canned there FIA GT program so that they can run at both Le Mans and at the Spa 24 Hours.
Old 7 May 2003, 21:35 (Ref:592915)   #38
batcave
Rookie

Anybodys guess really, anyone got any inside info?
Old 7 May 2003, 21:38 (Ref:592919)   #39
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Larbre will be there, Zacchia is in the team and he has Festina´s money.
Old 7 May 2003, 21:58 (Ref:592945)   #40
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm still pulling and praying for Taurus...they showed me enough at Sebring to tell me that they belong in the field...

Team Sezio, as noted by its very poor outings above and topped by their Sunday imitation of a "Moving Road Block," has zero business being there in June....

They should slide down the "Bat Pole" and out of the field...

Old 7 May 2003, 22:08 (Ref:592956)   #41
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Note to Batcave and/or Hartham:

On another thread, "Bang vs. Buck" there were questions about the approximate or a ballpark budget to run an LMP prototype program for a season...vs. an F-1 or a Rally or a Champ Car program...

Would either of you have a general idea of what a team would spend to put together and operate a program for one season???

I'm not asking you to share someone's budget that you know...and I'm not talking about an Audi or Bentley budget, because we know that they are sky high...

A reasonable ballpark range that a team could spend and be relatively competitive in the prototype classifications...

Please enter it into the "Bang vs. Buck" thread so that we can keep that subject together....

Thanks!

Old 8 May 2003, 07:44 (Ref:593163)   #42
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Two years ago, I heard Henri Pescarolo talking about 13 millions of francs (2 millions €)... was it for one sole car ? I don't know, and I'm even not sure of myself about that memory, heard on the radio...

Hugues de Chaunac said last year that Audi budget was 10 times more than the Oreca one...

No confirmation... and what is included in the budget, anyway ? Henri gave the precision that the Audi engines are on work 7 days a week, all year long. Windtunnel, and so on... you can imagine how WR are working, on the other hand : in a garage, real amats... and they finish, and not so bad !

Last edited by Fab; 8 May 2003 at 07:46.
Old 8 May 2003, 07:48 (Ref:593169)   #43
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I'll bet on :
- Larbre Viper confirmed for LM,
- Sezionale will try to stay on the grid (but I won't bet on the fact that ACO will keep them !

What to think about the Scorp Viper ?
Old 8 May 2003, 10:35 (Ref:593314)   #44
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this project Ascari in disguise? The Ascari borrowed heavily from a Lola Groupe C coupe as far as front end aerodynamics were, although at Le Mans, its final race, the car look very much updated and more modern.

I like what Taurus is doing, that "B" I figured was some kind of stigma to say the car was different, but it IS very different. BTW, that is the chassis the Olive Garden team used in the ALMS.

Lola have the MG (only one though :down: ) to look after and also a prospective GTP and GTS car to be built by as yet unknown carmarker, so this was never going to be their year. Having said that, the B2K/10 was a ground breaking car, and this is modfied enough to be competitive and they also are a Dunlop development team.

Apparently, not enough for the ACO though. :down:
Old 8 May 2003, 12:30 (Ref:593425)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by 19000RPM
Meanwhile, taurus was very impressive at Sebring and clocked some fast laps at the test day.
As I've said before, I'd like to see the car there, but "some very fast laps"? Not really - it only beat the Durango, Sezio and Nasamax. It was 5 seconds shy of even the Lister. A good effort by the team - yes, one which deserves recognition from the ACO - yes, but let's not over-egg the pudding....
Old 8 May 2003, 14:09 (Ref:593567)   #46
courage
Rookie

courage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please stop saying crasy things on this forum about Larbre.They'll be at Le Mans and at SPA but because of money problems they won't be(actually) in FIA GT. They'll continue FFSA GT.
For the trucks in the padock at LM they still have CHEREAU and RACE LINE in them because if CHEREAU isn't a sponsor anymore RACE LINE is still one and Chereau owns Race line.Do you understand now?
Old 8 May 2003, 17:19 (Ref:593734)   #47
batcave
Rookie

To aysedasi, 5 secs down on the lister your right. However all teams were using qualifying tyres and had a minimum of 10kph straight line advantage. The Taurus car was said to only be doing 304kph. Probably need some wind tunnel time coz there is not much wrong with a Judd.They were faster than both the racing for holland dome's at estoril and faster than the courage in the dry.
Old 8 May 2003, 17:31 (Ref:593748)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough, I'm not really arguing with the merits of the situation, it was just the expression "fast laps" which set me to thinking. All these things are relative and I'm sure the team would acquit themselves very well if given the chance to race.
Old 8 May 2003, 18:49 (Ref:593856)   #49
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Unless the ACO drops someone (which is highly unlikely in my opinion), teams will mortgage their homes to have the $$$ to make it to this race....If they have come this far, they will be there to run...regardless of funds...they'l float it if they have to...

The only way a team would not make it to quals or to the starting grid would be if a skin-tight budget team totally demolished their car anc could not even remotely repair it...this is Le Mans...a show they wouldn't miss for the world unless they had to now that they are on the list...

I've made no secret of my desire to see Taurus run, but it'll take a seizure of a team's assets or an acto of God that t they can't overcome to keep the 50 chosen from running....

Old 10 May 2003, 22:23 (Ref:595744)   #50
monkey
Rookie

monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YOUR RIGHT TIM SORRY BAT!