Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Nov 2011, 02:22 (Ref:2984608)   #1
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Marshal Introduction + Advice Needed :)

I'm very excited to have found this forum

Recently I was fortunate enough to volunteer at the Singapore GP as a trackie. I have already signed up for next year's Australian GP and Malaysian GP and will volunteer for Singapore GP again as well as GP of America in the US when the two become available.

As much as I wanted to get involved in motorsports like this in the US it was always difficult. In Singapore it was quite easy and really a lot of fun, so I would love to do it more often, as often as I can.

Do you guys have any recommendations on how to make this hobby possible? People to contact regarding volunteering for F1 events around the world. How to get new training to qualify for other positions besides track officials or flag marshal, etc.

I'm looking forward to reading up on this board and meeting some of you in person at future events.

Cheers!
--Russ
Old 12 Nov 2011, 07:07 (Ref:2984676)   #2
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Advice on the actuality of marshalling (what to have with you, clothing, etc) is more than covered in this forum if you troll through it.

How you volunteer for F1 events, I will leave to others who have much more experience than me - only ever done the British GP and not since 2002!
Old 12 Nov 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2984742)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting question. Some F1 events around the world won't take you as a new marshal, at others it's all they've got. That's an issue we've covered in other threads and I won't dwell on it other than to say you might want to look at volunteering for non-F1 events around the world? IMO they're more fun anyway, you'll have a better chance of being accepted and you'll receive a wealth of on-post training.

Assuming you're based in Singapore, you're not too far from the Malaysian circuits, for instance. Looking a little wider but within the greater region you could consider Macau and Darwin perhaps?

For other jobs off-track (why would you want to do that? ) I have no idea. Depending what sort of jobs you're thinking of they may require more experience than you're able to get by staying local.
Old 12 Nov 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2984750)   #4
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NZ?

NYC soon NZ (: previously AU & SG)...

then you need to seek out Anna (Chief Flag Marshal) and find out where Hampton Downs is before the next F5000 race!! Best of luck mate!
Old 12 Nov 2011, 10:39 (Ref:2984759)   #5
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
NYC soon NZ (: previously AU & SG)...

then you need to seek out Anna (Chief Flag Marshal) and find out where Hampton Downs is before the next F5000 race!! Best of luck mate!
Excellent, that's the info I was looking for

I'd be happy to sign up for other events besides F1

Its my understanding NZ is fairly active and OZ is just a few hours away.

Cheers!