the greatest i recent years ?

this with out a doubt has too be schumi
Old 16 Nov 2003, 22:13 (Ref:785248)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to the forum schumi number 1 (phew a mouthful).

I think you may be right Schumacher (Michael) has been the best in the recent (say last decade) years.

Why do you think so?
Old 16 Nov 2003, 22:16 (Ref:785250)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
*sighs*
Another one...
Ah well, keep your head high and say: Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum!

Allright, I need a drink now...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 16 Nov 2003 at 22:17.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 23:53 (Ref:785297)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Schuey, of course. I don't think you can make a convincing argument for anyone else.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 00:32 (Ref:785310)   #5
Svend
Rookie

Svend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He might be one of the best ever, in my eyes there is no doubt that Schumacher's career figures are seriously inflated by certain priveleges that he enjoyed over the years which other drivers didn't have.

In other words, didn't Rubens Barrichello effectively kill his career when he joined Ferrari for the 2000-season?
Old 17 Nov 2003, 04:25 (Ref:785411)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
And what driver would you support btw schumi number 1?
Old 17 Nov 2003, 08:58 (Ref:785554)   #7
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
statistically...yes...but in all other respects no!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 11:25 (Ref:785684)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome schumi number 1.

So you love TGF !
Old 17 Nov 2003, 13:18 (Ref:785849)   #9
MrBluesman1
Retired
Racer

MrBluesman1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes this is true
and welcome schumi number 1
Old 17 Nov 2003, 14:23 (Ref:785972)   #10
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
welcome schumi no. 1!
so your a TGF fan!! there are lots of TGF fans on the forum... howevr i am not a TGF fan!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 14:53 (Ref:786005)   #11
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
schumi number 1 - you're going to find that there are a lot of people here that won't under any circumstances take Schumacher's achievements at face value. You'll hear plenty of "1994 & 1997, blah blah", and loads of "number one contract, etc etc" though!

Not that it needs saying, but I think you've got to be seriously blind not to rank him as one of the very best of all time.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 14:57 (Ref:786007)   #12
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome schumi number 1 - write something about Schumi and your certain to get replies - they love that kinda thing here
Old 17 Nov 2003, 16:55 (Ref:786187)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just because he has 6 WDC in the pocket and 70 wins ?????

Naahhh...
Old 17 Nov 2003, 17:14 (Ref:786201)   #14
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome 'Schumi No.1'
How recent is recent? Because I remember a certain Aryton Senna who was pretty good.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 17 Nov 2003, 17:38 (Ref:786216)   #15
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hakkinen was every bit as quick and talented as Schumacher IMO, but just lacked the desire to take it as far. Even in 99 and 2000 you were given the impression that the people around him were pushing for the 2nd and 3rd WDC's more so than Mika's own motivation to go out and win them for himself.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 17:50 (Ref:786229)   #16
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah he wasn't bad. And that French fella at the same time...

Quote:
Originally posted by enemy-ace
Welcome 'Schumi No.1'
How recent is recent? Because I remember a certain Aryton Senna who was pretty good.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 18:19 (Ref:786262)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
best in recent times eh.... (post 94 that is) id say IRVINE... he said he is as good as SCHUMACHER remember!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 18:33 (Ref:786277)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He said he was second best behind Schuey. A bit hopeful, Eddie!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 18:34 (Ref:786280)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nah, Irvine always said that Michael was a class above him. However he was adamant that he was clearly second best!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 18:40 (Ref:786293)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
opps sorry ADAM... how could i have ever doubted poor noble EDDIE!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 19:23 (Ref:786378)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Clearly Eddie was unaware that Mika Hakkinen was in F1 at the time.
Old 18 Nov 2003, 15:06 (Ref:787189)   #22
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You mean that clearly, Eddie wasn't aware that there were more than two cars in F1 at the time (actually, that would explain a lot!).

It has got to be Michael. He has his flaws (which some members try to add too!) and he has his strengths (ditto), but he has still been clearly the best overall since 1994.
Old 18 Nov 2003, 15:29 (Ref:787208)   #23
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course it's MS.
After Senna's death he won 6 WDC + 2 2nd places; Hakkinen 2, Hill and JV 1.
And he won way more races and poles than everyone else.
No matter how much he can be criticized for some odd behaviour, numbers speak clearly.
Old 18 Nov 2003, 21:40 (Ref:787643)   #24
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
welcome schumi no. 1!
so your a TGF fan!! there are lots of TGF fans on the forum... howevr i am not a TGF fan!
Nah your a Ralf fan arn't you Ralf fan
Welcome Schumi 1. I am a M.S fan
Unlike Ralf fan
Old 20 Nov 2003, 18:51 (Ref:789838)   #25
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Scum-i is best, but it is not strong enough reason to like him, if you are not a gloryhunter, that is.

-Jamie Hyneman