Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jun 2011, 23:11 (Ref:2897639)   #251
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The Stewards will not be issuing any further penalties. That's official via tweets from from David Croft and Lee McKenzie.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92310

I just read this thread from start to finish. Talk about mood changes, but it's understandable because I was feeling the same.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 23:23 (Ref:2897641)   #252
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd View Post
Race result stands. No stewards action. Phew!
That's really good news. It was good to have someone with Emo's experience on board.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 05:56 (Ref:2897757)   #253
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some did try to sky + it but once again was stopped by the channel hop. i wonder how many complains this time around?
Old 13 Jun 2011, 11:27 (Ref:2897969)   #254
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
The Stewards will not be issuing any further penalties. That's official via tweets from from David Croft and Lee McKenzie.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92310

I just read this thread from start to finish. Talk about mood changes, but it's understandable because I was feeling the same.
Fittipaldi did a good job.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 11:32 (Ref:2897976)   #255
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
This race must have an all-time record for the number of incidents being investigated by the stewards.......couple that with the excessive number of laps under the safety car and I think someone should remind the FIA that this is call "racing".....
you should watch formula renault 3.5/world series by renault if you think f1 has too many investigations! there's been a couple of races where approaching half the field has been under investigation at some point during a race. to be fair, they rarely seem to make a bad call on a penalty as a result, so it does seem effective. they tend to be post race penalties as well so they can be appealed against.

i think it's great that f1 is starting to do the same thing. gives them a chance to make sure the right sort of errors and the guilty party are penalised.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 11:56 (Ref:2897994)   #256
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
For any BBC viewers, did they have an F1 Forum after the race, because if they did I missed it, and I can't see it on iPlayer?

Any ideas?
Old 13 Jun 2011, 12:44 (Ref:2898025)   #257
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I recall them saying at the end of the broadcast that they'd run out of time for the forum.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 13:54 (Ref:2898086)   #258
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
That's right. They had already had to switch from BBC1 to BBC2 so there wasn't any time for a red button forum.

There's a very good explanation from the Stewards as to why they took no further actions after the race: http://adamcooperf1.com/2011/06/13/s...ped-penalties/

I hope this is a trend that will be continued.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 14:46 (Ref:2898119)   #259
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_davidson2 View Post
I think I recall them saying at the end of the broadcast that they'd run out of time for the forum.
I think it was more that the presenters had already been going for 5 hours, and were a bit knackered.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 16:44 (Ref:2898204)   #260
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
They should try doing Le Mans!
Old 13 Jun 2011, 20:51 (Ref:2898371)   #261
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
That's right. They had already had to switch from BBC1 to BBC2 so there wasn't any time for a red button forum.

There's a very good explanation from the Stewards as to why they took no further actions after the race: http://adamcooperf1.com/2011/06/13/s...ped-penalties/

I hope this is a trend that will be continued.
So do I. That was a well written and well presented report. They should call on Emo's services again.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 10:55 (Ref:2898703)   #262
skells22
Veteran

I found moaners about lack of TV show. 700 peopele moaned about a show not on due to red flag. BBC had to wait until we found out about restart times so had to wait and all you do is moan when your program goes off air! nothing BBC can do about the weather (it was also raining here on Sunday mucking up BBC & Eurosport tennis plans) I wonder how many moaned about Eastenders not started on time after the Moanco GP overran as well (very different reason, crash caused red flag)?
Old 14 Jun 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2898712)   #263
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
I found moaners about lack of TV show. 700 peopele moaned about a show not on due to red flag. BBC had to wait until we found out about restart times so had to wait and all you do is moan when your program goes off air! nothing BBC can do about the weather (it was also raining here on Sunday mucking up BBC & Eurosport tennis plans) I wonder how many moaned about Eastenders not started on time after the Moanco GP overran as well (very different reason, crash caused red flag)?
Do people still watch Eastenders?
Old 14 Jun 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2898736)   #264
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The BBC showed what a high priority F1 is for them by continuing to cover the whole of the event even after all the delays. It wasn't many years ago this absolutely would not have happened and I think ITV might well have shown less flexibility. Good on 'em for keeping going till the bitter (or is that sweet?) end. They even overlapped the coverage on one and two so you could turn over without missing even a few seconds. Nice to sort our sport getting the kind of treatment normally reserved for futile and tedious activities like football .
Old 14 Jun 2011, 12:24 (Ref:2898795)   #265
skells22
Veteran

I was expecting moaners of a different type (the F1 fans that was recording the F1 but had thier recording stopped before the channel hop!)
Old 14 Jun 2011, 13:12 (Ref:2898822)   #266
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
The BBC showed what a high priority F1 is for them by continuing to cover the whole of the event even after all the delays. It wasn't many years ago this absolutely would not have happened and I think ITV might well have shown less flexibility. Good on 'em for keeping going till the bitter (or is that sweet?) end. They even overlapped the coverage on one and two so you could turn over without missing even a few seconds. Nice to sort our sport getting the kind of treatment normally reserved for futile and tedious activities like football .
+1
Old 14 Jun 2011, 22:55 (Ref:2899134)   #267
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
I was expecting moaners of a different type (the F1 fans that was recording the F1 but had thier recording stopped before the channel hop!)
That would be me and my Sky+, but you can't have it both ways. I deleted the recording as far it went and then recorded the highlights programme. Much better viewing, actually, and the ending's just as good!
Old 18 Jun 2011, 15:56 (Ref:2901471)   #268
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The spectators view of Button passing Vettel. It gave me goosebumps!

http://youtu.be/91-6l8KgxIs
Old 18 Jun 2011, 16:32 (Ref:2901491)   #269
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Jor-El View Post
The spectators view of Button passing Vettel. It gave me goosebumps!

http://youtu.be/91-6l8KgxIs
All those people cheering, lol.