de la Rosa 0 0%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2897503)   #26
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant race for Button Great battle for Webber & Schumaker.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2897506)   #27
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
This is a very hard call I want to give it to Jenson.. I have to give this to TGF brilliant drive! Michael the way I remember him..
Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:35 (Ref:2897515)   #28
Louis Agilais
Racer

Louis Agilais is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza7 View Post
i actually think TGF was the driver of the race.

Button was brilliant, but Schumacher bossed those wet conditions, just like the Schuey of old would. Shame he was robbed by 2 ridiculous DRS overtakes.

But respect to Button. Fantastic drive. Really was torn between the two.
It's the prove that DRS gives the advantage to the faster cars: it makes impossible for a slower car to mantain track position. hope they'll realize it soon and remove DRS, or else we only will rarely see a driver on the podium not belonging to the three bigger teams
Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:35 (Ref:2897516)   #29
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted for Schumacher, only marginally though. Great race for Schumacher all the way through, nice to see him back near the front where he belongs. Nice result for Button too, good to see another Mclaren driver passing Vettel.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2897521)   #30
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Feel a tad sorry for Seb as he lead every lap and without the safety cars no one would have seen which way he went, that said, epic drive and 6 stops by Jen's - amazing. Just hope he doesn't get penalised for the Alonso incident.

JB DOTR !
Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:39 (Ref:2897524)   #31
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I'm sorry but Webber DOTR? (i know who voted for him) but are you so blinkered?
Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:40 (Ref:2897525)   #32
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last to first in half a race. If that doesn't qualify someone for DOTD nothing does!
Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:41 (Ref:2897531)   #33
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A no brainer really - Button
Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:44 (Ref:2897540)   #34
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Anyone that doesn't vote for Button is officially wrong!

Honourable mention to TGF
Looks like I got it right then.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:48 (Ref:2897554)   #35
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has to be Button. He drove a blinder!
Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:51 (Ref:2897561)   #36
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Button of course, with a special mention for Bernd Mylander

Perry McCarthy
Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:52 (Ref:2897564)   #37
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Up to the final release from the safety car after the red flag, I was feeling so peed off with the race that I wouldn't have given anyone my vote. Then when they finally started racing we had a superb 35 lap grand prix.

Up to about lap 60 ish I would have given dotd to Schuey (possibly a bit of a sympathy vote, for not being crap) but then JB just sealed it with some scorching laps.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:53 (Ref:2897565)   #38
craigd
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
craigd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button. He had a few contacts (thoughI only think the one with Alonso is where he could have share some of the blame, with Lewis he can be forgiven for the visibility and Lewis was too eager). But to go from last to first in what, 30 laps is amazing!

Schumacher well up there too. He nearly got Webber back at the end.

Alonso and Hamilton (and perhaps Massa) - a case of what might have been.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:54 (Ref:2897567)   #39
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Button for me! He actually earned that honour on lap 7.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 22:02 (Ref:2897584)   #40
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Schumi was easily driver of the race. Button clearly had the faster car, in fact the best car in the field by the looks of it, and he still managed to take 2 ex-champions out of the race - both of which were more his fault. How do you give someone who took out his own team-mate and Alonso, driver of the race??? Without the many safety cars he would have been lapped after his drive through and those 2 incidents.

You can say Button was robbed of the win in Monaco, but the safety cars certainly robbed Vettel of the win in Canada.

Back to Schumi... what a shame he couldn't hold onto a podium, robbed by the insane DRS zone. I think he could have got Webber back given another couple laps. Both Red Bulls tyres look like they turned to **** in the couple laps.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2897599)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I think Schumi was easily driver of the race. Button clearly had the faster car, in fact the best car in the field by the looks of it, and he still managed to take 2 ex-champions out of the race - both of which were more his fault. How do you give someone who took out his own team-mate and Alonso, driver of the race??? Without the many safety cars he would have been lapped after his drive through and those 2 incidents.
That's debatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
You can say Button was robbed of the win in Monaco, but the safety cars certainly robbed Vettel of the win in Canada.
That's also debatable, however the pressure got to Vettel and he misjudged the corner and robbed himself.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2897601)   #42
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has to be Button. Yes he had DRS, but Vettel slid and Button got his chance to take a win. I will give Schumi the runner up. that was the German rainmaster of old. At one point I thought he was going to take the fight to Vettel! German versus German! Sadly it wasn't to be. Third place is difficult. It either has to be Vettel or Webber. Both made mistakes, but had pretty good races! Vettel will still be happy with 2nd place. He will blitz Valencia I reckon!

Epic fail of the day - Hamilton(AGAIN!)! Too rash! Please don't give another interview quoting Ali G, Lewis!
Old 12 Jun 2011, 22:13 (Ref:2897602)   #43
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher who got into 2nd position with a midfield car, losing it only to DRS.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 22:14 (Ref:2897607)   #44
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jenson – what a drive. Forever after hours balm in excelsis. Thank you and goodnight...
Old 12 Jun 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2897615)   #45
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

That's also debatable, however the pressure got to Vettel and he misjudged the corner and robbed himself.
That may be true but fact is, without the safety cars, no one would have got close enough to Vettel for him to make the mistake. But leading 69 laps doesn't matter at Canada, it's who crosses the line at the end of the 70th, so fair play to Jenson, commiserations to Seb.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2897617)   #46
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
Schumacher who got into 2nd position with a midfield car, losing it only to DRS.
Mercades have arguably the best DRS out there, Michaels trouble was, once he was overtaken, he wasn't then fast enough to make use of it.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 22:50 (Ref:2897632)   #47
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It could have been several drivers that could have been DOTR, but in that last stint there could only be one. Well done Jenson.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Jun 2011, 23:02 (Ref:2897635)   #48
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Mercades have arguably the best DRS out there, Michaels trouble was, once he was overtaken, he wasn't then fast enough to make use of it.
What? Certainly Red Bull has te best DRS, they gain 17 km/h while others only gain about 12 km/h.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 23:06 (Ref:2897636)   #49
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by flor View Post
What? Certainly Red Bull has te best DRS, they gain 17 km/h while others only gain about 12 km/h.
Not according to Martin Brundle. Don't forget that the Mercades is (apparently) more powerful than the Renault engine too, one of the reasons that Red Bull didn't expect to go so well in Canada.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 23:54 (Ref:2897656)   #50
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because the Mercedes is more powerful I would expect them to gain less