Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jun 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2899857)   #1
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Lewis and Tony swap seats...

I watched this last evening on Speed TV and thoroughly enjoyed it..

Both Tony Stewart and Lewis Hamilton seemed to really enjoy spending time in each others company and were thrilled to swap machinery..

Great for F1 and for NASCAR fans...Here is a link, I hope you enjoy it!

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/...ony-swap-cars/
Old 16 Jun 2011, 15:37 (Ref:2900327)   #2
neiltb
Racer

Scotland
toronto
neiltb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I pvr'd it and also enjoyed it, looks like they both had a lot of fun and were very complimentary about each others rides, Lewis enjoyed being back on his championship winning car.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 21:18 (Ref:2900567)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Fabulous to see a modern F1 car bombing round the Glen with a top notch US driver at the helm.

Surely it wouldn't take a lot of work to bring the layout upto FIA standards!!

Come on Jean and Bernie make it happen!!
Old 17 Jun 2011, 01:47 (Ref:2900675)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"Pit this time by, Lewis. Pit this time."
"Didn't hear you..."

As one would expect, Lewis impressed in the stockcar. And Smoke wasn't too bad in the McLaren either.

Pretty cool seeing an F1 car on the Glen course and a stockcar on the full course. Neat event all 'round.
Old 17 Jun 2011, 04:12 (Ref:2900698)   #5
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The funniest part of the day was listening to those US boys trying to be technical when comparing an F1 to a NASCAR.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 18 Jun 2011, 01:14 (Ref:2901206)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
That was funny I agree..

I am a little surprised that more "racing fans" have not made comments...
Old 18 Jun 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2901293)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
That was funny I agree..

Considering that the Jenson at Bathurst thread got 44 posts over 3 pages then it does seem a little strange. Maybe its a popularity issue?
Old 18 Jun 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2901316)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Surely it wouldn't take a lot of work to bring the layout upto FIA standards!!

Come on Jean and Bernie make it happen!!
For the love of God, DON'T!
Old 18 Jun 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2901323)   #9
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
For the love of God, DON'T!
Ditto!!!!!!!!!
Old 18 Jun 2011, 10:21 (Ref:2901333)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I agree Watkins Glen should be left alone...

That was not the reason I started the thread though. The swap that these two chaps made is good in helping close the divide between F1 and NASCAR which can only be a good thing in my book, and may help in getting more interest in F1 here in the USA which is the idea, isn't it?
Old 18 Jun 2011, 15:49 (Ref:2901468)   #11
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The unfortunate thing is that the FIA would insist upon catch fencing EVERYWHERE, and more run-off at Turns 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 11, at least.

I think the after comment by Tony about Sprint Cup running the full course was the best thing I've ever known to come out of his mouth.

The cool/scary thing is, a fully set up F1 car on on softer compound slicks could probably average north of a buck fifty around the long course.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 02:56 (Ref:2901689)   #12
V6_
Rookie

V6_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit of a boring show don't you think? The only thing worth the watch were the driver comments and the burnout. It was very short in general, I guess Mobil1 didn't have much incentive to make it a decently long show.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2902134)   #13
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
That was funny I agree..

A McLaren at a track like Bathurst is something crazy. Certainly in concept.

The NASCAR F1 swap is great but has been done before with Williams and Hendrick.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 23:44 (Ref:2902145)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Do you mean Montoya (Wlliams) and Gordan?
Old 20 Jun 2011, 12:54 (Ref:2902370)   #15
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
When I first saw the footage, I thought they were running some 50's sedan around with the F1 car.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2902396)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6_ View Post
A bit of a boring show don't you think? The only thing worth the watch were the driver comments and the burnout. It was very short in general, I guess Mobil1 didn't have much incentive to make it a decently long show.
All their shows are like that... certainly there are more but not showed.