Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jan 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3354820)   #1
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Poultry Haas: Gene Haas of NASCAR attempting to start F1 team

http://www.racer.com/nascars-gene-ha...rticle/329703/

Yet another attempt at an American F1 team. Should we be hopefull or dismissive?
Old 16 Jan 2014, 18:11 (Ref:3354822)   #2
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lotus have money problems, could his be a solution for them.....
Old 16 Jan 2014, 20:20 (Ref:3354878)   #3
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dismissive.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3354881)   #4
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
If they plan to use Dallara to kick it off.... then I cant see it happening. If they bought Lotus / Enstone that would make a difference....
Old 16 Jan 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3354892)   #5
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Oooff, this is very much out of the blue.

I think I will approach it as a "I will believe it when I see it on track" situation.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3354896)   #6
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wish them the best, I would love to see a proper US based team for a number of reasons. As mentioned above, swooping in and buying the Enstone Team would be the logical thing to do, but I doubt that fits with the goals of those behind the effort.

Richard
Old 16 Jan 2014, 23:36 (Ref:3354973)   #7
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well he could use the previous attempt" of how not" to start a US F1 team as lessons learned. I wish him well. What do you think, the whole Stewart Haas 4 car team budget times 5 to field 2 F1 cars and team? Or times 10?
Old 17 Jan 2014, 02:18 (Ref:3354998)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would make the most sense to buy the bust Lotus team for a $1 and do that.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 03:37 (Ref:3355011)   #9
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the Lotus team is purchased then that still leaves vacant team spots available and doesn't solve filling up the grid.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 06:58 (Ref:3355036)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It's not as simple as just buying Lotus I think the operation and premises might well belong to different companies. That may be partly due to Lopez complicating things and Proton wanting to maintain something.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 08:08 (Ref:3355049)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A CNC-milled toaster? Woohoo
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Jan 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3355101)   #12
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I hope he's heading a consortium. I get slightly horrified when one single person invests what is an atrocious amount of money into this sport. Folly, surely.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3355174)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Oooff, this is very much out of the blue.

I think I will approach it as a "I will believe it when I see it on track" situation.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 20:20 (Ref:3355346)   #14
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It has been suggested that this proposed new F1 team and the possible deal to purchase the Nurburgring as diversionary tactics to the real story i.e. what is happening to Bernie.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/...n-the-f1-pond/

I could be wrong but when you look at the timing there is some logic to it.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 10:47 (Ref:3355549)   #15
zork
Rookie

England
lincoln uk
zork should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hass Honda???? (Dallara built Hondas test car years back!!)
Old 18 Jan 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3355651)   #16
James C.
Rookie

France
Paris, France
James C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zork View Post
Hass Honda???? (Dallara built Hondas test car years back!!)
The articles I read speak about Ferrari as engine supplier. Besides, McLaren has an exclusive deal with Honda, at least for 2015.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3355655)   #17
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'd like to see an American team, largely because I hoped it would build a little bit more American interest in F1, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. According to Forbes, Stewart-Haas has a value of $108 million and profit of $7.2 million. I haven't read any cost figures for F1 in recent months, but I'm wanting to say I once read that top teams spend hundreds of millions per team in a single season. Granted, I'm sure bottom teams spend quite a bit less, but I'm still not sure that Haas can come up with enough capital to be remotely competitive.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 20:09 (Ref:3355689)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
It has been suggested that this proposed new F1 team and the possible deal to purchase the Nurburgring as diversionary tactics to the real story i.e. what is happening to Bernie.

http://wordpress.com/2014/01/16/ripples-on-the-f1-pond/

I could be wrong but when you look at the timing there is some logic to it.
And why was it possible for Ron to become CEO of McLaren on the day Bernie stepped down.
And also it was clear that the crash test fail is a distraction.
And Zara having that baby.

The evidence is circumstantial. We just cannot tell.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 21:56 (Ref:3355707)   #19
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
The Bernie circus PR still entertains, even in times of trauma. Very clever.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 23:26 (Ref:3355735)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
I'd like to see an American team, largely because I hoped it would build a little bit more American interest in F1, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. According to Forbes, Stewart-Haas has a value of $108 million and profit of $7.2 million. I haven't read any cost figures for F1 in recent months, but I'm wanting to say I once read that top teams spend hundreds of millions per team in a single season. Granted, I'm sure bottom teams spend quite a bit less, but I'm still not sure that Haas can come up with enough capital to be remotely competitive.
The NASCAR team likely isnt where the money is... try Haas Automation Inc for what is reported to be the source of Mr Haas' wealth.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 23:57 (Ref:3355744)   #21
kartincolin
Rookie

Ireland
Cavan, Ireland
kartincolin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkartincolin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Considering all that`s gone before, and the fact that this appears to have manifested itself from nowhere, I will remain sceptical until something significant actually materializes. It would be a much needed boost for the sport though.
Old 20 Jan 2014, 20:12 (Ref:3356374)   #22
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Joe Saward has been writing about the Haas entry to F1 and on the evidence Joe has the bid is serious. Haas has one of only 3 full scale rolling road wind tunnels in the world, has recently started to build a major extension to his factory. There is also evidence that he was seriously interested in taking over the USF1 project until he realised it was worth nothing.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/...and-formula-1/
Old 20 Jan 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3356432)   #23
Maikel0230
Rookie

Belgium
Maaseik, Belgium
Maikel0230 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What makes the Haas bid interesting is that they also own property in the neighbourhood of Brussels, which could be used as a base for the European season. One of the major pains of running an F1 Team from the states would be the constant shipping, having a European bas is a very big plus.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 00:29 (Ref:3356472)   #24
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The NASCAR team likely isnt where the money is... try Haas Automation Inc for what is reported to be the source of Mr Haas' wealth.
Well, I hope he doesn't use his own money! I think if I was wealth enough to own a F1 team, I would still be looking for someone else to foot the bill. Or at least I wouldn't use my money unless I felt it was going to be profitable. Which is not an easy thing to do in racing. However, it might show that he is a capable business man and knows how to run large organizations that have large budgets.

Richard
Old 21 Jan 2014, 01:15 (Ref:3356487)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Well, I hope he doesn't use his own money! I think if I was wealth enough to own a F1 team, I would still be looking for someone else to foot the bill. Or at least I wouldn't use my money unless I felt it was going to be profitable. Which is not an easy thing to do in racing. However, it might show that he is a capable business man and knows how to run large organizations that have large budgets.

Richard
The NASCAR team only did any good on the race track and in the accountant's book balancing when Mr Stewart brought his sponsors, engineers, mechanics and influence to the table

There is a story around from Mr Stewart 's 2011 championship win, where he managed to operate the team that season without costing Mr Haas any money, while in contrast, in prior years, Mr Haas had to pay to run the season

Should we be thinking 'Tony Stewart To F1'??