Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Sep 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3929378)   #26
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thrilling qualifying and yes, an unanticipated lot of pace from Ferrari. Here's hoping the race can live up to it and we can see a close duel - even if there is no constant wheel-to-wheel action.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 10:29 (Ref:3929379)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Leclerc, what a lap, despite a few mistakes. He's on fire ATM. Shame for Danny, hope he can salvage something in the race. Been a while since we've had someone DQed from qualifying
Old 22 Sep 2019, 11:48 (Ref:3929399)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Setting aside the rather nasty and wholly unnecessary personal insult.

A technical breach would almost exclusively occur across a session or would affect a result across a session. In Ricciardo’s case the technical violation can be pinned down to a single instance shown as a spike on the telemetry. The deletion of the lap on which it occurred would negate any possible effect or benefit that it could have caused.

Regarding the application of the DQ penalty that you allege should automatically apply may I point you in the direction of:
The 30 second penalties incurred by Alfa Romeo at the 2019 German GP for clutch irregularities.
The 5000 Euro fine for Mercedes carrying fuel at too low a temperature in Lewis’ car in Practice 1 here at Singapore – not exclusion from results of the session.
2016 Hulkenberg in the Force India penalized one grid place for the use of tyres during qualification that should have been handed back before qualifying.

So it would certainly seem there is a strong precedent of penalties other than a DQ being used in instances of technical irregularities.
Except the rule quoted by the stewards specifically addresses the exact violation and states exclusion as the required penalty. It was addressing the violation of the technical specifications of the engine and power unit, none of your listed violations are if that nature so your precedents don't apply. If was VERY VERY clear in their report and the team did not argue much other than the usual quick response. There haven't been any why do they have us, it's not fair whining so it sounds like they understand the rule as well.

And understand the difference between a technical violation of the rules and a violation of the technical specifications. That's a MAJOR difference in word choice and means a lot in applying penalties.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 11:48 (Ref:3929400)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Leclerc, what a lap, despite a few mistakes. He's on fire ATM. Shame for Danny, hope he can salvage something in the race. Been a while since we've had someone DQed from qualifying
That’s because the stewards are inconsistent, the rules are stupid and Mercedes.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3929403)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is pretty great while obviously angry by the situation DR cant help but smile and laugh while talking about it.

Hope he can make it back today.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 12:14 (Ref:3929405)   #31
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Can't watch the race until the highlights so out of here for a while - and no FB. either
Old 22 Sep 2019, 12:15 (Ref:3929407)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’ll be at the Emirates today, so might be able to miss the result before the highlights
Old 22 Sep 2019, 12:30 (Ref:3929411)   #33
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hoping DR can take advantage of how slow the top runners are going....time for Renault to break out the crashgate strategy again lol.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 12:47 (Ref:3929415)   #34
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Has to be said that Kubs is driving with a lot of control.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 13:00 (Ref:3929420)   #35
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
lol Bottas. Slow down. You might beat Lewis. If only Bottas wasn't second in the championship.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 13:22 (Ref:3929422)   #36
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
What would we do without Grosjean?
Old 22 Sep 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3929423)   #37
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's basically a safety car generator.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 13:24 (Ref:3929424)   #38
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Haha exactly!
Old 22 Sep 2019, 13:55 (Ref:3929431)   #39
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
What would we do without Grosjean?
Between Grosjean and Kyvat the terrible attempts at corners are ridiculous. And Ricciardo isn't looking so hot this weekend either, more than a few optimistic attempts cost him multiple places but no incidents yet. But there's more time after the SC for things to go sideways again and hit the 2 hour
Old 22 Sep 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3929432)   #40
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Stroll with a broken car is overtaking Haas. That's pretty dismal.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 16:18 (Ref:3929447)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Vettel on ending the drought; he hadn't won since Spa last year but Leclerc is far from happy with Ferrari's pitstop strategy, which he believes cost him the win.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3929448)   #42
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suffered from watching a live stream which stuttered and froze so I dont know whether we even got a one finger salute on the inlap at the end, from 'finger boy'.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3929453)   #43
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Leclerc got shafted there. Ferrari handing Vettel a win to cheer him up?

Meanwhile Hamilton is cruising to the title
Old 22 Sep 2019, 17:29 (Ref:3929456)   #44
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post

in the end the Ferrari strategy turned a 1-3 in a 1-2

so Ferrari gets more points
Old 22 Sep 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3929461)   #45
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:

Ferrari had to pit Vettel first. If they pitted Leclerc then he'd get out in the lead, but they'd expect Lewis and Max to pit the next lap, along with Vettel - which would've left Vettel stuck between them again. The only way to get Vettel up the order was an undercut on Lewis. Leclerc would've been a lap later, along with Lewis, thus staying ahead of Lewis.

With this 'drive slow and stack up the field' strategy, it was the only option they had if they wanted a 1-2.

Ferraris strategy would've been more obvious has Mercedes not tried something odd. If they'd done the normal thing and react a lap later then it'd have been obvious what Ferrari were doing and why it worked.

Leclerc was shafted, but it was from the driving slow strategy, rather than the pitting afterwards.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 18:07 (Ref:3929465)   #46
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Bottas must be a bit miffed. He's basically on a rolling contract so they can drop him at any point if he doesn't preform. He's second in the championship, only to his team mate. His team mate has a big lead over everyone else. He finally has an opportunity to beat his team mate and he's told slow down.

So a rolling contract and is told to improve. Does improve, and told to slow down for his team mate. Literally, no-win situation. Bottas second place in the championship (and therefore Mercedes 1-2 position) is more at risk than Lewis championship. Bottas should have been allowed to race.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3929467)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
in the end the Ferrari strategy turned a 1-3 in a 1-2

so Ferrari gets more points
A difference of three points.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3929468)   #48
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agree totally with both the Ferrari strategy and Bottas posts
Old 22 Sep 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3929471)   #49
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Pffft knowledgeable strategy wonks. Boooooring.

I prefer my simplistic human drama conspiracy version.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3929473)   #50
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Pffft knowledgeable strategy wonks. Boooooring.

I prefer my simplistic human drama conspiracy version.
Well clearly it was all to help Lulu!

Serious: Ferrari were going for a Vettel undercut on Lewis. I don't think they expected him to get both Lewis and Leclerc. It was a pretty epic outlap that allowed it. Any other day I think we'd have had a Leclerc - Vettel 1-2.

Or Multi 21.