Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Oct 2019, 21:39 (Ref:3931371)   #26
James Kaye
Rookie

James Kaye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Is that Matt Neal, BTCC Independent Champion 1991-2005?
Ahem
Old 2 Oct 2019, 08:03 (Ref:3931406)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Neal won it in 93, 95, 99, 00, 05 and 06
Old 2 Oct 2019, 09:13 (Ref:3931424)   #28
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matt Neal with low ballast to qualify well and then 'play the team game'? Yeh, go on then.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3931429)   #29
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Matt Neal with low ballast to qualify well and then 'play the team game'? Yeh, go on then.
The thing is, realistically what could TOCA or the stewards do if Neal were to torpedo Turkington or Jordan out of the race? The worst that would happen is that Neal would get points or a grid penalty. Nothing would happen to Dynamics or Cammish.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 10:39 (Ref:3931437)   #30
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The thing is, realistically what could TOCA or the stewards do if Neal were to torpedo Turkington or Jordan out of the race?
They could apply Regulation 4.2.4:

'Where in the opinion of the BTCC Clerk any competitor(s), team(s) and/or manufacturer(s)/constructor(s) has gained an unfair advantage (whether inadvertently or not) from a breach of the Regulations either by its own actions or those of another competitor the BTCC Clerk may after giving the parties a right to be heard impose any one or more of the following penalties upon such competitor(s) and/or team(s) and/or manufacturer(s)/constructor(s) in order to remove or otherwise compensate for such advantage:-
4.2.4.a. reprimand
4.2.4.b. fine: Future participation in the Championship shall not be permitted until this fine is paid
4.2.4.c. time penalty
4.2.4.d. exclusion from the event or any part thereof
4.2.4.e. one or more of the above penalties may be imposed as appropriate'
Old 2 Oct 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3931446)   #31
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Not being funny people can think what they want about Matt Neal but dont think he would do that he didnt do it with Shedden when he went for his titles so why would he do it now?
Old 2 Oct 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3931472)   #32
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The thing is, realistically what could TOCA or the stewards do if Neal were to torpedo Turkington or Jordan out of the race? The worst that would happen is that Neal would get points or a grid penalty. Nothing would happen to Dynamics or Cammish.
Oliphant could do the same to Cammish
Old 2 Oct 2019, 14:32 (Ref:3931497)   #33
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Oliphant could do the same to Cammish
That's a fair point. However Matt Neal has past form here, granted he has never taken someone out in blatant attempt, but he did severely impede Turkington at Brands Hatch GP in 2009 nearly causing his retirement.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3931517)   #34
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm supporting Turks, purely for the sake of equaling Rouse's record, Cammish's got at least another 2 years to strike lucky and AJ has dropped too many plates for my liking. I understand this season's obviously been very stressful for AJ since it may be his last but his attitude both on and off the track, there's no call for it, plus I think he blew it big time at Silverstone so it's between Turks and Cammish as far as I'm concerned.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 17:25 (Ref:3931523)   #35
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Neal won it in 93, 95, 99, 00, 05 and 06
I was being a bit sarcastic At the time it felt like the Privateers /Independents/Total Cup was owned by Neal
Old 2 Oct 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3931547)   #36
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
I understand this season's obviously been very stressful for AJ since it may be his last but his attitude both on and off the track, there's no call for it, plus I think he blew it big time at Silverstone
Turks didn't ramble about Butcher or Collard despite being perfectly entitled for doing stupid moves on him

Quote:
so it's between Turks and Cammish as far as I'm concerned.

nope

AJ is just one point behind Cammish and he will be lighter
Old 4 Oct 2019, 07:18 (Ref:3931856)   #37
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Having read and listened to Dick I'm reading it that:

AJ is (maybe already has had) going to receive a stern talking too

That even if he did find a sugar daddy Dick is probably not interested in having him around anymore.

I think Dick is totally straight so I can't imagine for one minute Colin will have a "better" car than AJ at Brands. But even so, I'm thinking it's between Colin and Dan.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3931860)   #38
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
AJ has admitted he is going for it more now that he unlikely to be back. So it will be very interesting this weekend
Old 4 Oct 2019, 10:01 (Ref:3931870)   #39
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was literally just reading the article where Jordan 'broke the rules' of WSR by fighting with a faster car (Turks). Agreed that he knows he's not going to be in a BMW next year so isn't afraid to **** anyone off I the last few races... definitely going to be very interesting at Brands!
Old 4 Oct 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3931877)   #40
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Was literally just reading the article where Jordan 'broke the rules' of WSR by fighting with a faster car (Turks). Agreed that he knows he's not going to be in a BMW next year so isn't afraid to **** anyone off I the last few races... definitely going to be very interesting at Brands!
I guess in theory WSR could not field his car if there was any funny business in the first race(s).
Old 4 Oct 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3931878)   #41
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
For those who haven't read it - article here.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3931881)   #42
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
For those who haven't read it - article here.
Imagine that, drivers racing....
Old 4 Oct 2019, 12:04 (Ref:3931883)   #43
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I think that is the distinction Dick is making - he wants to see the team racing collectively, not individuals within the team against each other.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3931893)   #44
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
If that article is accurate it wouldn't surprise me if Jordan got replaced or something before the weekend. It sounds like the relationship has really soured. Of course that would be a monumental thing to do and its very unlikely, but strange things do happen.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3931895)   #45
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Drivers racing... Not team mates taking each other off. Quite a simple request from the boss I'd say.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 13:29 (Ref:3931897)   #46
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
If that article is accurate it wouldn't surprise me if Jordan got replaced or something before the weekend. It sounds like the relationship has really soured. Of course that would be a monumental thing to do and its very unlikely, but strange things do happen.
be serious

it would be terrible PR if Dick kicks AJ before final round

if Dick doesn't want AJ to win there are more subtle ways like putting deliberately bad setup on the car
Old 4 Oct 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3931900)   #47
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
be serious

if Dick doesn't want AJ to win there are more subtle ways like putting deliberately bad setup on the car
But what a strong message it would send to any other driver thinking of joining WSR.

It would clearly show that no driver is bigger than the team, and that egos get you nowhere at WSR.

It might make for a difficult few days, but the long-term gain may be worth it?
Old 4 Oct 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3931902)   #48
MrsDoubtfire
Rookie

MrsDoubtfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This really is a non-issue. The two raced hard and neither took each other out. It’s a click bait article that lacks the balance of the original article in the printed magazine.

Dick has been at this a very long time - he's not naive enough to think that one of his drivers will hop out of the way for the other when both are in the hunt for the championship. The golden rule is they do not take each other out and they didn’t.

Relationships are no more strained than you would expect with two drivers in the same team with a chance at winning the championship. Always difficult to manage but a nice problem to have.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3931904)   #49
porsche962fan
Veteran

and what exactly did happend for such overblown things?

Colin and AJ touched a bit in race 3 and that's about it , it's not like they had a DNF
Old 4 Oct 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3931910)   #50
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
be serious

Are you not thinking of Arena / Team AON?