Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Apr 2004, 17:41 (Ref:929951)   #26
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fab, you can read about Rendezvous on www.spiritlevelfilm.com they are also the distributors. To quote:

Our first release – the legendary “C’était un Rendezvous” by Claude Lelouch is a fine example. It has integrity, passion and cojones the size of cannonballs.

It's certainly worth a buy. However, I reckon it's a fairly steady journey with a soundtrack dubbed on to it. The soundtrack is amazing though.
H
Old 4 Apr 2004, 17:54 (Ref:929962)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by 73_Gstock
I have a DVD player in the car I bought for the wife. I pop LeMans or Speed Tribe in when I'm driving by myself. I can't see the video, but it sure makes driving a lot more fun. You think your driving down the Mulsanne instead of a lonely section of I-75.

Brilliant. Another sad git.....

When I used to have a tape player instead of a CD in the car I used to records the Radio Le Mans videos to audio tape and play them in the car. My missus thought that was the ultimate in sadness......
Old 4 Apr 2004, 23:07 (Ref:930307)   #28
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prior Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
"C'était UN rendez-vous" (masculin gender)

What's that movie, BTW ?
See: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=49898 for a discussion.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 05:20 (Ref:930523)   #29
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you BigH and Bear : I definitely learned something today ! I've never heard of this movie before !

Funny that the title is written "rendezvous" without space or dash between the two words...

The french title of this 9'30 movie is "Pour un rendez-vous" : Claude Lelouch explains that he had 9'30 of film left at the end of a big movie, and that he wanted to make a dream come true : to cross Paris flat out... he shot at 5h30am during the holidays in August.

At the end, he had to face the Police chief : he took his licence with a harsh face, then gave it back to Lelouch with a smile saying "I had to keep your licence, but I didn't say how long ! My daugthers love your little movie"...

I'm still unable to find out which car he used ; he doesn't say it.

There was no protection. What about two young lads crossing the street at the wrong instant ? I prefer not to think about it...

Last edited by Fab; 5 Apr 2004 at 05:50.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 07:45 (Ref:930626)   #30
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest, I'd be surprised if it was a performance car at all, it takes an age to pass a couple of ancient Renaults.
The soundtrack is fantastic, and no doubt. It almost takes your mind off the fact that the engine (sounds like a V12 to me!) is maxing out in fifth gear in a couple of spots, yet I would guess the speed at around 70mph...
I did read a while ago that someone did in fact retrace the route, and the average speed was about 40mph or so.
It was also the directors chance to test out the newly invented Steadicam, so it could have been a bit of very smart marketing as well.
H
Old 5 Apr 2004, 21:47 (Ref:931597)   #31
Scuderia
Rookie

Scuderia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has got the movie "RendezVous" on my PC and it is great, also everyone thinks it is a Ferrari 275GTB/4 which they are using, but it isn't it is a Alpine A110, and I believe the driver is Jean Louis Schlesser (not sure)....
Old 6 Apr 2004, 05:35 (Ref:931830)   #32
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Scuderia
Has got the movie "RendezVous" on my PC and it is great, also everyone thinks it is a Ferrari 275GTB/4 which they are using, but it isn't it is a Alpine A110, and I believe the driver is Jean Louis Schlesser (not sure)....
The driver is Claude Lelouch himself ; he was inboard with the camera operator who checked the speed of the film... Elie Chouraqui (another movie maker, but was an assistant at this time), was at the Louvre gates with a walkie-talkie to warn Lelouch if there was any danger (crossing the gates, you don't know what happends behind)... everything was OK... or so Lelouch thought ! At the end of the shot, Chouraqui went at the Place du Tertre beating the walkie-talkie : "what's up Chouchou ?" said Lelouch... "Than darn thing is out of order" answered Chouraqui... <-- Lelouch's face

Last edited by Fab; 6 Apr 2004 at 05:36.
Old 24 Sep 2005, 01:45 (Ref:1415192)   #33
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Comment

Two very technical analyses of Rendezvous and LeMans films.
Old 24 Sep 2005, 06:20 (Ref:1415231)   #34
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is also a very good book about the making of the film called A French Kiss With Death. It is well worth a read
Old 26 Sep 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1416832)   #35
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM40
On the topic of movies, does anyone know where I can get "Quick And The Dead" or "Speed Merchants" either on VHS or DVD?
i was lucky enough to find this at an army thrift shop a few years ago for 75 cents on vhs.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 15:26 (Ref:1416990)   #36
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
speed merchants from chaters