Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Classic Cars

Old 15 Aug 2022, 13:41 (Ref:4122860)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Classic Car Events

I've been to a few events recently and the pics from two of them are here:

JEC Summer Gathering: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA32BM

And

Aylesbury MG Club Pride of Ownership: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA1yrt
Old 16 Aug 2022, 02:40 (Ref:4122913)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some beautiful cars and pics. Thanks for sharing.
Old 27 Apr 2023, 08:10 (Ref:4153143)   #3
daneferrari
Rookie

Italy
Italy
daneferrari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What greatness in these cars... There are no words, just breathtaking
Old 30 May 2023, 10:05 (Ref:4158825)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Off to Gayden last weekend for the celebratio of 100 years of MG. Photos here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAFMRM
Old 15 Jul 2023, 09:50 (Ref:4168490)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really ought to get in here more often. Love the ZB Magnettes, Peter. My Dad had one when I was growing up. Great shots of the Spitfire in D Day markings.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 15 Jul 2023, 16:39 (Ref:4168512)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Really ought to get in here more often. Love the ZB Magnettes, Peter. My Dad had one when I was growing up. Great shots of the Spitfire in D Day markings.
Struggled with the Spitfire because we didn't know where it was coming from. On another note two of my pictures were used in the Enjoying MG report.

Hopefully I'll get some pics at the Stoke Row and Nuffield show next weekend.
Old 24 Jul 2023, 09:18 (Ref:4169668)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The Stoke Row and Nuffield Motorsport Show is a charitable event which coincides with the Craven Motor Club's Maharajah's Tour. The event chat is here https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157956

I took a few pictures https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-DwV5PQ
Old 24 Jul 2023, 09:37 (Ref:4169672)   #8
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The Stoke Row and Nuffield Motorsport Show is a charitable event which coincides with the Craven Motor Club's Maharajah's Tour. The event chat is here https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157956

I took a few pictures https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-DwV5PQ
Nice pics there, Peter!

Good to see a Gordon Keeble. A friend of mine has one. Also of course the various Lotus Elans, especially the green one with the yellow stripe - just like my Corgi example!
Old 24 Jul 2023, 10:07 (Ref:4169682)   #9
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, nice pics, thanks Peter. If I had to retain a favourite would be the Tiger assuming that the windscreen angle and peg drive wheels suggest its a genuine example. Not genuine? I don't care, looks great anyway! Just donwloaded the blue AR, hopping its not illegal and remains free. The kwossants srutineering team looks genuinely smiling!

Last edited by Gerard C; 24 Jul 2023 at 10:13. Reason: Peg drive instead of central lock
Old 24 Jul 2023, 10:57 (Ref:4169688)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup all free. Just credit me if you use it.
Old 24 Jul 2023, 17:07 (Ref:4169755)   #11
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Indeed. Thanks again for sharing.
Old 7 Aug 2023, 08:15 (Ref:4171743)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Another week another car show. This time it was the Aylesbury MG Club Pride of Ownership. Not as many cars as last year and due to the rubbish weather the field was showing signs of wear hence the pics are not as good as they could be. But for MG fans I'm sure these will suffice. https://peter-mallett.smugmug.com/Ay...PoO-Aug-2022-1
Old 29 Aug 2023, 19:48 (Ref:4174551)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I spent three days at Silverstone. These are the non-track action pics.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-4sHtfb
Old 30 Aug 2023, 19:24 (Ref:4174632)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well done! The Minor pic is really nice. I assume the Sunbeam is a rare Stiletto,yes?
Old 30 Aug 2023, 19:40 (Ref:4174634)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Well done! The Minor pic is really nice. I assume the Sunbeam is a rare Stiletto,yes?
Yup A Sunbeam Stiletto.
Old 2 Sep 2023, 15:01 (Ref:4174883)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Another weekend, another gathering, this one is the Jaguar Breakfast Club with a special display by the XJS Club. https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAThRV
Old 2 Sep 2023, 20:56 (Ref:4174931)   #17
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Another weekend, another gathering, this one is the Jaguar Breakfast Club with a special display by the XJS Club. https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAThRV
Thanks Peter. Very nice selection of cars.
Dont think I have ever seen so many XJS together before.
Old 2 Sep 2023, 21:04 (Ref:4174932)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Dont think I have ever seen so many XJS together before.
I thought the same when I drove in this morning.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 13:57 (Ref:4175016)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well to complete the weekend I attended the Car Collective Cars and Coffee morning in Leighton Buzzard. A few pictures were taken. https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjATkpE
Old 11 Sep 2023, 14:30 (Ref:4176281)   #20
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Went to the Road, Rail & Ale festival at Statfold Barn Narrow Gauge Railway on Saturday. A very reasonably priced day out with steam trains running all day.
As well as the loco's their was Traction Engines & steam organs vintage buses, lorries, tractors, Land Rovers,motorcycles and army vehicles on display as well as historic cars. Some good beers to sample as well.

Some of the cars on show are below,

Click image for larger version

Name:	Citroen SM  .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	78021

Name:	Clan Crusader  .JPG
Size:	5.13 MB
ID:	78022

Name:	Jowet  Javelin .JPG
Size:	5.53 MB
ID:	78023

Name:	Maxwell  .JPG
Views:	0
Size:	5.52 MB
ID:	78024

Name:	Peugeot  .JPG
Size:	5.40 MB
ID:	78025

Name:	Pontiac Bonneville  .JPG
Size:	5.94 MB
ID:	78026
Old 11 Sep 2023, 14:37 (Ref:4176283)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Some nice vehicles there. The Citroen SM in particular.
Old 11 Sep 2023, 15:03 (Ref:4176296)   #22
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Looks like a great day out . Sunshine as well!
Old 11 Sep 2023, 15:57 (Ref:4176312)   #23
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some of the other delights on show.

Name:	B  GUY  .JPG
Views:	2
Size:	5.81 MB
ID:	78027

Name:	L  Gary KT  .jpg
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	78028

Name:	L  Leyland  .jpg
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	78029

Name:	M  Triumph, Royal Enfield & Vincent  .jpg
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	78030

Name:	DSC_0457.JPG
Size:	5.51 MB
ID:	78031

Name:	DSC_0460.JPG
Size:	5.99 MB
ID:	78032
Old 11 Sep 2023, 16:12 (Ref:4176315)   #24
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That does look like a fun event! As they say, something for everybody.

I've never heard of it before - is it an annual event or a one-off?
Old 11 Sep 2023, 16:44 (Ref:4176320)   #25
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Statfold Barn in a narrow gauge railway that runs most days, it has a museum with over 20 loco's in, plus the 8 that were running. I believe it is an annual event but they do have other events through the day. We saw it advertised as Road, Rail and Ale just saying about the classic cars & trains. Did not expect to see the tractors, lorries and motor bikes etc. we did not get time to have a look at the Traction Engine field or the model boats on the lake. Plety to see and do with free all day train rides & Beer festival Prices in the catering outlets were all sensible and Beer was £4.20 a pint.

All good value for the £10.95 OAP entrance fee.