Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 May 2003, 16:31 (Ref:591196)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Zakspeed Viper for Spa 24hrs!

SOURCE:WWW.DAILYSPORTSCAR.NET

More good news for the Spa 24hrs then! This year should be a record year in terms of the ammount of entries, not to mention the quality. Okay so Belmondo and Labre have pulled out of the FIA GT for this year, but they will be there at Spa.

Last edited by Fab; 7 May 2003 at 07:10.
Old 6 May 2003, 18:51 (Ref:591352)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news.
Old 6 May 2003, 18:56 (Ref:591358)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I mean there should be a lot of world class drivers there this year, not least, Pescatori, Gunon, Bobbi, Piccini, Bouchet, Ortelli, Leib, Lamy. And a whole lot more, who knows maybe a few of the Bentley boys like last year..
Old 6 May 2003, 22:10 (Ref:591672)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Saleen - Please do not cut and paste articles from dsc without permission - You have no way of knowing whether the use of the photograph in this article has been approved for use outside dsc. I have no problem with you posting a link or even paraphrasing the article but cutting and pasting is not allowed - sorry.
Old 6 May 2003, 23:13 (Ref:591764)   #5
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about the '03 Viper? Sure, it's only a convertible, but I'm sure they could fabricate a top for it. Or, why not buy one of these: Comp Coupe
Old 7 May 2003, 06:58 (Ref:591962)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Saleen, sorry that I had to edit your post, taking of the pic and the text, owned by DSC.

I did let the DSC adress : each member could go to check the news.

For all of us : Ayse asks for not posting URL leading to a paying site that could breach the paying portal (not the case yet, Saleen). It will be soon the case for DSC (correct me if I'm wrong Graham).

Last edited by Fab; 7 May 2003 at 07:15.
Old 7 May 2003, 08:17 (Ref:592033)   #7
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Completely correct Fab - Sorry if anyone feel I'm being difficult, I'm genuinely not looking for a fight with anybody. I'm just trying to be fair with our contributors.

In many cases dsc either pays for, or gets permission for images to be used on the site. If they are then cut into other parts of the web it puts us outside the terms of the agreement with the originator.

There have been instances (thankfully not involving dsc) where photographers have lost out on income because their work has appeared without approval all over the web and the demand from the print media has therefore evaporated. These guys work very, very hard, their work adds immeasurably to our enjoyment of the sport and it only seems fair that we support them.

That aside - its great news that Zakspeed will be at Spa!
Old 7 May 2003, 09:39 (Ref:592120)   #8
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...with a car that isn't the fastest of its kind, though.
Old 7 May 2003, 10:21 (Ref:592161)   #9
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
But reliable, and that's often enough.
Old 7 May 2003, 10:28 (Ref:592168)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
True, although I woudnt count on them being a real contender. As long as the BMS cars are reliable Id say that either one of the 2 are the likely winners. Particulary the no 23 car of Bobbi/Biaggi, the question is, though who will partner them?

Another car I see as a potential winner would be the Konrad Saleen, okay so Konrad isnt the fastest driver out there, but he can hold his own speed wise. Seiler is again more of a gentleman driver, but he did do pretty well in Grand Am/ALMS. And Gunon well we all know his story, and in my eyes at least probably the fastest or one of the fastest drivers on the grid. Should be a great race.
Old 7 May 2003, 10:37 (Ref:592174)   #11
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Zakspeed Viper is not this year's spec, or last year's.
Old 7 May 2003, 13:39 (Ref:592381)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
The Zakspeed Viper is not this year's spec, or last year's.

What's the origins of this car? ORECA from a couple of years ago or something?
Old 7 May 2003, 15:24 (Ref:592480)   #13
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
What's the origins of this car? ORECA from a couple of years ago or something?
No idea whatsoever. It is certainly Oreca-built but I don't know if Zak bought it new.
Old 7 May 2003, 15:27 (Ref:592482)   #14
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Zakspeed have Chassis C15 from 1999 - is it this car Cybers?
Old 7 May 2003, 15:53 (Ref:592505)   #15
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
I don't know!!

...but it's quite possible. They used to have another one as well.
Old 7 May 2003, 15:56 (Ref:592508)   #16
Project LeMans
Rookie

Project LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The C15 was bought by Mike martin at the end of 2001 an races in the EURO-GT 2002 and 2003.
I mean that Zakspeed run this car 1999 in the 24h (but im not sure).

The actual car is the C36 and i´, 90% sure that they race these car since 2000.

Last edited by Project LeMans; 7 May 2003 at 15:58.
Old 7 May 2003, 16:59 (Ref:592577)   #17
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Another oldie but goodie!!
Old 7 May 2003, 21:38 (Ref:592918)   #18
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
I agree Graham. Okay the car may be old but so what? If it adds to the spectacle of a already great race, which it no doubt will with Lamy at the wheel then good on them I say. Spa 24hrs was strong last year, this year its shaping up to be even better, ok the car is old but that dosent matter to me at least, obviously if there were other top entrants there who could take their place it would be better, but if theres not then why not let them fill the gaps.