Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Street circuits - do we need more??
Yeah Yeah Yeah!! 20 45.45%
Nope- we have enough at the moment 9 20.45%
No-way infact Monaco needs to go as well 6 13.64%
we need more tracks like Silverstone and Malaysia 9 20.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Jan 2004, 06:12 (Ref:826224)   #26
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with those who say - Bring back Adelaide

That was one street circuit which it was possible to overtake on. Pity it had the problems it had with the rain in 1989 and 1991.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 11:56 (Ref:826404)   #27
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ideally Australia's race would be at Bathurst though - now that's a real racetrack, with some of the most wicked camber changes and challenging corners imaginable. Most street tracks lack those two factors in my view.

Adelaide did host some classic races, but more due to the end-of-season championship tension than being a particularly good racetrack. The draining issues would need sorting before we can consider returning as well - that's another endemic problem with a lot of street tracks, Surfer's is especially bad.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 12:12 (Ref:826419)   #28
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Ideally Australia's race would be at Bathurst though - now that's a real racetrack, with some of the most wicked camber changes and challenging corners imaginable.
to that.

The only problem is F1 cars would'nt get around some of the corners (especially the dipper) and by the time they 'fixed' the track it would be like all the others.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 12:21 (Ref:826426)   #29
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
MacMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
to that.

The only problem is F1 cars would'nt get around some of the corners (especially the dipper) and by the time they 'fixed' the track it would be like all the others.
I agree with you about the Dipper Wrex and that is one of the great parts of the track.

And regards Phoenix I was talking the track not that year
Old 3 Jan 2004, 13:51 (Ref:826493)   #30
mansellmania
Racer

mansellmania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Ideally Australia's race would be at Bathurst though - now that's a real racetrack, with some of the most wicked camber changes and challenging corners imaginable. Most street tracks lack those two factors in my view.

Adelaide did host some classic races, but more due to the end-of-season championship tension than being a particularly good racetrack. The draining issues would need sorting before we can consider returning as well - that's another endemic problem with a lot of street tracks, Surfer's is especially bad.
The draining issue is part of the fun, just like nobody could predict that river flowing at the senna S in that brasil race.
But i liked adelaide more on the fact it is so closed in with guardrails alla monaco.
The safetyconcerns aside it is a circuit for guys with large cohones imo.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 13:55 (Ref:826499)   #31
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see Adelaide back instead of Melbourne and it would be great to go back to a US street circuit.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 14:01 (Ref:826500)   #32
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I like the Melbourne GP, great atmosphere to start the season, which is the exact reason i miss Adelaide, the atmosphere that finished the season.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 14:13 (Ref:826507)   #33
mansellmania
Racer

mansellmania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
I like the Melbourne GP, great atmosphere to start the season, which is the exact reason i miss Adelaide, the atmosphere that finished the season.
Yes melbourne has great atmosphere, great party, great location, greatly organised.. now only the race itself

I really dont care how great something is organised. Give me wet silverstone any day of the week with super puddles of mud yeehaa as long as the racing is fun.
Melbourne is such insignificant track that right after that race all the fans and teambosses and reporters will say' o but this race wasnt a true reflection of who is gonna win this year as melbourne does not have fast corners worth mentioning' etc etc.

On all acounts i fail to see why melbourne has to open the F1 season. Lets do that in Spa or Suzuka.. then lets have a party and a great atmosphere at a rolling stones concert.

Old 3 Jan 2004, 15:17 (Ref:826549)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But Melbourne gives us some great races! I can't think of a better way to start the season.

Now to reinstate Adelaide as the last race of the year.......
Old 4 Jan 2004, 02:36 (Ref:827061)   #35
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just wait for Mark Webber WDC - Pacific GP @ Adelaide WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Old 4 Jan 2004, 04:29 (Ref:827105)   #36
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
But Melbourne gives us some great races! I can't think of a better way to start the season.

Now to reinstate Adelaide as the last race of the year.......
Dam right i just can't stop thinking of that
Old 4 Jan 2004, 11:50 (Ref:827292)   #37
Big Mac
Racer

Big Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Now to reinstate Adelaide as the last race of the year..."

Could we all get that lucky!!!