Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Feb 2020, 22:18 (Ref:3959649)   #3951
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Where is the money to run it? If it was a new sponsor I cant see Halfords being thrilled
How do you know Halfords/Yuasa aren't involved and informed with any potential drive?

Imagine if Dynamics roll:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
out a freshly built 3rd FK8 for him at media day
then it could be a master stroke?

The Motorbase/M.Jackson situation previously suggests that both teams would have no qualms with usurping each other.
PMR thought they had the big story of the winter with M.Jackson's return.
Motorbase thought they had a bigger story with a new title sponsor / big name driver.
Dynamics upstage them both with a return to the BTCC for a 3-time champion in a brand new FK8.

I think Dynamics' sponsors would be quite happy with that publicity?
Old 24 Feb 2020, 22:25 (Ref:3959653)   #3952
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
How do you know Halfords/Yuasa aren't involved and informed with any potential drive?

Imagine if Dynamics roll:

then it could be a master stroke?

The Motorbase/M.Jackson situation previously suggests that both teams would have no qualms with usurping each other.
PMR thought they had the big story of the winter with M.Jackson's return.
Motorbase thought they had a bigger story with a new title sponsor / big name driver.
Dynamics upstage them both with a return to the BTCC for a 3-time champion in a brand new FK8.

I think Dynamics' sponsors would be quite happy with that publicity?

This also backs up Matt Neal's interview at Autosport where he said he's working hard to help get Flash a drive. (For the season!)
Old 24 Feb 2020, 22:41 (Ref:3959657)   #3953
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So is all this about motorbase having a big sponsor actually real or just a lot of people adding 2+2 and getting it completely wrong, if they had a big sponsor surely Sheddon would be signed and announced
Old 24 Feb 2020, 22:58 (Ref:3959661)   #3954
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
So is all this about motorbase having a big sponsor actually real or just a lot of people adding 2+2 and getting it completely wrong, if they had a big sponsor surely Sheddon would be signed and announced
Motorbase's sponsor is not linked to Shedden driving for them.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 23:12 (Ref:3959664)   #3955
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Motorbase's sponsor is not linked to Shedden driving for them.
So your 100% sure there is a title sponsor, I guess your source has told you about it, has your source said if there is a 3rd driver signed
Old 25 Feb 2020, 00:13 (Ref:3959673)   #3956
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
This also backs up Matt Neal's interview at Autosport where he said he's working hard to help get Flash a drive. (For the season!)
It was mentioned earlier with a "where would the extra budget come from?!" But its Team Dynamics at the end of the day. They will have ways and means of running 3 cars. And who knows how much of a budget they actually have? I personally think it would be sufficient to cover 3 cars.

Also someone said that BTC have got the only new fk8 to be built this off season but who actually knows how many they have built? Pretty sure they could get one put together fairly quickly. Especially a team that supplies cars to other teams on the grid.

Will be very interesting that's for sure. I'd personally love to see him back in a honda because even with his 3 titles he has unfinished business in btcc. He could be the one to take it to Turkington and stop him getting to number 5 first.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 08:43 (Ref:3959711)   #3957
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
So your 100% sure there is a title sponsor, I guess your source has told you about it, has your source said if there is a 3rd driver signed
100% there is a big **** off sized in your face with bells on sponsor.

Makes Shredded Wheat look small. In fairness, three of those was easy
Old 25 Feb 2020, 10:37 (Ref:3959726)   #3958
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All of this makes for very interesting reading and lays the foundations for a great season.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 10:45 (Ref:3959727)   #3959
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Makes Shredded Wheat look small.
The bite size ones are quite small 😂
Old 25 Feb 2020, 10:50 (Ref:3959728)   #3960
Redshift
Rookie

Redshift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
wrong circuit
Oulton Park has a Car Testing day on the calendar for today
Old 25 Feb 2020, 10:50 (Ref:3959729)   #3961
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see some more Touring cars out testing this week after MB Motorsport started the trend last week.

Anyone going trackside this week? Hoping to drop into Donington Thursday as they'll be a few BTCC cars out.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 11:01 (Ref:3959730)   #3962
Mondeo Man33
Racer

Mondeo Man33 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom Ingram is out at Oulton Park today
Old 25 Feb 2020, 11:20 (Ref:3959731)   #3963
DaviePHD
Rookie

DaviePHD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
It was mentioned earlier with a "where would the extra budget come from?!" But its Team Dynamics at the end of the day. They will have ways and means of running 3 cars. And who knows how much of a budget they actually have? I personally think it would be sufficient to cover 3 cars.

Also someone said that BTC have got the only new fk8 to be built this off season but who actually knows how many they have built? Pretty sure they could get one put together fairly quickly. Especially a team that supplies cars to other teams on the grid.

Will be very interesting that's for sure. I'd personally love to see him back in a honda because even with his 3 titles he has unfinished business in btcc. He could be the one to take it to Turkington and stop him getting to number 5 first.
I'd be very surprised if Dynamics aren't always sitting with a shell built ready to accept subframes and components just in case they or BTC bend one badly.

The biggest barrier to a 3rd Dynamics entry would be a TBL (or lack thereof). Simpson were alleged to be looking to sell theirs but I just saw that here......
Old 25 Feb 2020, 11:20 (Ref:3959732)   #3964
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
So what was it that Collard was testing today?
Old 25 Feb 2020, 11:24 (Ref:3959734)   #3965
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviePHD View Post
I'd be very surprised if Dynamics aren't always sitting with a shell built ready to accept subframes and components just in case they or BTC bend one badly.

The biggest barrier to a 3rd Dynamics entry would be a TBL (or lack thereof). Simpson were alleged to be looking to sell theirs but I just saw that here......
Exactly. Remember the big crash in 07 when Neal had his car destroyed beyond repair.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 12:00 (Ref:3959740)   #3966
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
The bite size ones are quite small 😂
I was hoping they would sponsor a Ginetta Junior car in Shredded Wheat bite size livery.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 12:10 (Ref:3959741)   #3967
Crazyknight
Rookie

Crazyknight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
So what was it that Collard was testing today?

Our patience?
Old 25 Feb 2020, 12:23 (Ref:3959743)   #3968
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyknight View Post
Our patience?
That's a good way of putting it, same could be said for Motorbase.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 12:28 (Ref:3959744)   #3969
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
That's a good way of putting it, same could be said for Motorbase.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 12:31 (Ref:3959745)   #3970
Crazyknight
Rookie

Wonder if motorbase haven’t announced yet because it was supposed to be flash, but the Neil’s have come along offering a new FK8 and left motorbase shafted for a 3rd driver at the last min, I know if I had those options who I’d be racing for anyway
Old 25 Feb 2020, 12:57 (Ref:3959747)   #3971
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Wonder if motorbase haven’t announced yet because it was supposed to be flash, but the Neil’s have come along offering a new FK8 and left motorbase shafted for a 3rd driver at the last min, I know if I had those options who I’d be racing for anyway
Interesting theory, you could be right there....
Old 25 Feb 2020, 13:02 (Ref:3959749)   #3972
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Shedden/Motorbase rumours were circulating early on, there must've been some truth in it even if its now not happening
Old 25 Feb 2020, 13:51 (Ref:3959760)   #3973
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Flash has admitted he would like to come back now Audi have left him on the sidelines. Suddenly him going to Simpson racing makes sense
Old 25 Feb 2020, 14:24 (Ref:3959769)   #3974
Crazyknight
Rookie

If Simpson’s car/tbl were up for sale and dynamics have bought both it makes sense to me to have flash be testing the car in place of Neal, if he wasn’t looking at a come back surely it would be easier/cheaper for them to get one of his kids in to get the testing done while giving them more experience

But then again we could all be barking up the wrong tree and flash ends up doing nothing more than turn up at knockhill with his role there for the season and does nothing else
Old 25 Feb 2020, 14:26 (Ref:3959770)   #3975
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why have Motorbase got to make an announcement yet? Still a few more weeks until Media Day, there's no need for any rush. They could leave their driver and sponsor reveal until that day if they wish.