Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Aug 2021, 14:57 (Ref:4070145)   #951
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Did RLM do routine countdown sync ups? For some reason I didn't remember much of those last year so I didn't attempt them throughout the race. Apologies if that's been answered during the race.

Also with them being remote what was the natural track sound like? Just the world feed sounds without commentary laid over it?

I agree I feel like RLM of 10 years ago feels most right. The support talent on the WEC comms was enough that I didn't feel like I absolutely had to figure out how to get RLM going smoothly.
Old 24 Aug 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4070161)   #952
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Did RLM do routine countdown sync ups? For some reason I didn't remember much of those last year so I didn't attempt them throughout the race.

Also with them being remote what was the natural track sound like? Just the world feed sounds without commentary laid over it?
They called out the time remaining a handful of times at least.
Old 24 Aug 2021, 17:00 (Ref:4070169)   #953
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They did frequent sync countdowns which always led to a brief argument in our viewing room over which of RLM or Eurosport was ahead of the other.

The timing via the WEC webpage was consistently 30 seconds ahead of both.
Old 25 Aug 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4070307)   #954
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I heard numerous countdowns. I didn't attempt to sync. At worst, there was about 5 seconds between audio and video but by the end of the race there was actually no delay at all.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 16:36 (Ref:4161582)   #955
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Been good commentary this year. I've been RLM since the start and not felt the need to change nearly 3 hours in.

And we have good options this year on the telly.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 18:01 (Ref:4161778)   #956
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apart from the sound drops. They seem to take every commentator by surprise!
Old 10 Jun 2023, 19:12 (Ref:4161958)   #957
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Apart from the sound drops. They seem to take every commentator by surprise!
Enjoy hearing from Johnny Mowlem too.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 19:15 (Ref:4161968)   #958
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes.

Although I have now taken a break from it.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 20:33 (Ref:4162063)   #959
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes.

Although I have now taken a break from it.
typically what i'll do is have the tv on motortrend+ and then stream rlm to the tv's soundbar. But for whatever reason I can't get anything to connect to the soundbar via bluetooth today. No clue why.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 20:44 (Ref:4162074)   #960
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I've got the pictures and RLM through the same device. Streaming smooth. Modern internet - wow.
I can just mute one or the other.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 20:46 (Ref:4162076)   #961
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I've got the pictures and RLM through the same device. Streaming smooth. Modern internet - wow.
I can just mute one or the other.
That is my next option. Right now i have the MT+ app on my chromecast but if i just streamed MT from computer that would work fine.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 21:52 (Ref:4162166)   #962
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Johnny Mowlem fell off his chair at one point. It's on the twitter feed.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 21:59 (Ref:4162181)   #963
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Johnny Mowlem fell off his chair at one point. It's on the twitter feed.
Was that when they were talking about the safety car? I'm pretty sure i was listening then.
Old 11 Jun 2023, 02:42 (Ref:4162487)   #964
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Shea Adam this year?
Old 11 Jun 2023, 02:43 (Ref:4162489)   #965
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
No. Having a year off. https://twitter.com/GearboxGirl/stat...870383104?s=20
Old 11 Jun 2023, 04:53 (Ref:4162625)   #966
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
RLM stopped talking about the race now. Back to TV feed.
Old 11 Jun 2023, 04:59 (Ref:4162629)   #967
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’m getting massively frustrated with John Hindhaugh endlessly repeating the same point about GT3 and ignoring the race
Old 11 Jun 2023, 13:08 (Ref:4163064)   #968
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Was that when they were talking about the safety car? I'm pretty sure i was listening then.
https://twitter.com/johnnymowlem/sta...EGsPz0Fmw&s=19

Trussers, professional, as ever.
Old 11 Jun 2023, 13:11 (Ref:4163065)   #969
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
This is why we have the studio cam
Old 11 Jun 2023, 13:35 (Ref:4163100)   #970
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Old 11 Jun 2023, 19:00 (Ref:4163251)   #971
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does Hindy usually disappear at the end of the races? I caught the last hour and a half or so on RLM and was surprised (I think!) to have not heard him.

But whoever was on w/Trussers, I'm guessing Craill bc Aussie, it was good at that point...
Old 11 Jun 2023, 19:26 (Ref:4163261)   #972
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
Does Hindy usually disappear at the end of the races? I caught the last hour and a half or so on RLM and was surprised (I think!) to have not heard him.

But whoever was on w/Trussers, I'm guessing Craill bc Aussie, it was good at that point...
Crailsy is indeed the lone Aussie.

Still blows my mind Trussers never takes a break (well, he hasn't in any broadcast I've heard, but didn't listen in much to RLM this year, for many reasons). But Hindy hasn't done a final shift in quite some time, if I'm correct.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 07:11 (Ref:4163288)   #973
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was listening all week and the coverage in my view was was spot on as ever informative, funny everything we have come to expect really.

Johnny Mowlem failing of the chair was funny and if you weren't watching the studio cam you would have never have know it happened.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 16:35 (Ref:4163385)   #974
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post

Johnny Palmer was on the mic too, he and Bruce always do a fantastic job. And the Aussie was a great addition this year, seemed like he was on his 20th Le Mans call not his first.

What can you say about Paul? Absolute legend.

Joe and Nick in the pits are always entertaining as well.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 16:41 (Ref:4163386)   #975
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Johnny Palmer was on the mic too, he and Bruce always do a fantastic job. And the Aussie was a great addition this year, seemed like he was on his 20th Le Mans call not his first.

What can you say about Paul? Absolute legend.

Joe and Nick in the pits are always entertaining as well.
The "Aussie" is Richard Craill, or Craillsy:
https://twitter.com/Craillsy

I assume you must not follow the Bathurst 12 because he's covered the last 3 or 4 with Hindy & Co.

Did Trussers do the entire 24 hours again?