Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Nov 2000, 15:47 (Ref:47374)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
just in case any aussie's didnt know about it there is a special airing on the ABC tonite (thursday) at 9.30pm to 10.30pm about larry Perkins and his castrol racing team at last years Bathurst 1000.

should be worth a look.

I must say it is pleasing to see the ABC showing some motorsport documentaries of late as this is the second one they have shown the first being the Eddie irvine special a month or so ago.
good to see and hopefully they show a few more as well.

Happy viewing.
Old 8 Nov 2000, 23:41 (Ref:47457)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
larry's had a great career, but i hope he announces his retirement after this years bathurst and just races in the enduros in 2001.....
Old 9 Nov 2000, 02:28 (Ref:47497)   #3
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Larry will retire this year. I think if he was going to retire he would announce at the beginning of next year and then enjoy a farewell season of stuff the way Dick Johnson did.
Old 9 Nov 2000, 06:14 (Ref:47519)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But then again Larry is a no fuss kind of guy, and he would only do the testimonial tour if he had a gun held to his head, because he would see it as a "bloody waste of time". How old is he? 50? He still has a few more years left in him...
Old 9 Nov 2000, 22:22 (Ref:47678)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
plus he owns the team, you only have one career in motorsport and rarry can do what he wants......i just want to see some young charger pushing russ all the way
Old 10 Nov 2000, 01:51 (Ref:47730)   #6
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thankyou to the ABC for showing that documentary last night. Very interesting and entertaining, especially the behind the scenes footage of the 1999 FAI 1000 - fantastic stuff to see Larry and his pit crew squawking at each other almost like the Spinal Tap version of motor racing !

I now also know what a "broken rocker" looks like !
Old 10 Nov 2000, 03:09 (Ref:47738)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I agree Buckshot it was an excellent doco and I totally enjoyed it and hope they show more in the future..i t was good to see how the guys handle the pressure of a bathurst weekend and it is always good to see melinda Price
Old 10 Nov 2000, 03:34 (Ref:47744)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pop quiz: What is the official word of V8 Supercars??

F***

Ripper docco indeed. It has been out on video for some time, and I do believe the video version has some extra footage.

Hard to pick a best moment out of it, but Chirs Smerdon's tool chest falling over was a good one And tight arse Larry not going to pay up the $400 for speeding in pit lane... or how about "Captain Dick About Racing"?
Old 10 Nov 2000, 10:43 (Ref:47777)   #9
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent doco.
It just showed how much of a tight arse whinger larry really is. I have finally found out the reason larry is off the pace. He spends more time arguing with officials than he does driving, they say practice makes perfect & he seems to be better at arguing than driving.

Best moment was everytime they showed Melinda Price And the tool box incident (you could see it coming a mile off).
Old 10 Nov 2000, 19:11 (Ref:47855)   #10
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wanna copy of it!!
Old 12 Nov 2000, 10:36 (Ref:48030)   #11
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jeez guys, a bit more notice next time, I missed it, did anyone tape it? Crash is absolutely right, there's no way whatsoever that Larry would do a testimonial tour. Larry argues with the officials because he is one of the few people in motorsport who actually reads the bloody manual! Few competitors do and a lot of officials have never even seen one.
Old 13 Nov 2000, 12:41 (Ref:48170)   #12
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Darn it, I missed it too. The Irvine one was pretty good.

As for the CAMS manual, I've got to agree with David there. I was in pit lane at a recent state race meeting when a 'P' plate racer came into pit lane. He stopped in the middle of the lane and called a nearby marshal over to ask what the red and yellow stripe flag they were showing was for. I was shocked when the marshal too did not know. The guy was obviously new as he was on pit lane whistle duty but I thought flags were one of the first things both of them should have learned.
Old 14 Nov 2000, 11:07 (Ref:48277)   #13
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That show was great. Didn't tape it though.

There is a new Perkins video out now called 'The Endurance Man'. I haven't seen it yet, but I do have a copy (free as I went to V8Superstars).
Old 17 Nov 2000, 20:55 (Ref:48807)   #14
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Bazza would rightly say: "I don't believe it!!"

My parents remembered to tape it for me!! Hehehe...