Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 17 Jan 2020, 22:27 (Ref:3952155)   #1
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport News

Motorsport News has managed to escape from the clutches of Motorsport Network and has been bought by Kelsey Media - their magazine has a portfolio of niche classic and modern car publications, so should be a reasonably well placed to nurture it.
Old 18 Jan 2020, 08:56 (Ref:3952183)   #2
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Souns interesting-currently seems to report the same news-word for word as Autosport
Old 18 Jan 2020, 09:27 (Ref:3952184)   #3
andrewc
Veteran

Being currently owned by same company sending same journalist and photographer means copy gets duplicated mostly.
Old 18 Jan 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3952197)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it’ll mean we have different content to choose from, which good. We need a bit of individuality
Old 19 Jan 2020, 12:36 (Ref:3952283)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
Being currently owned by same company sending same journalist and photographer means copy gets duplicated mostly.
Yes, at the mo if you’ve read MN on Wednesday, you can ignore a lot of Autosprout the next day!

Good luck to them with sourcing their own content. I look forward to reading the first issue when ever....... Any idea how soon?
Old 19 Jan 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3952286)   #6
andrewc
Veteran

Press release doesn't give a mention of timescales of the transition process, Im sure this will become known soon.
Old 19 Jan 2020, 23:41 (Ref:3952374)   #7
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder if they just getting down to business. No need to release all the data of the crossover, just publish the paper
Old 22 Jan 2020, 09:58 (Ref:3952699)   #8
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It will be interesting to see what they do with MN. Keep it was a newspaper or make it a magazine (to get it into a more prominent position on the newsagent shelf).

MN (when it still was 'Motoring News') was a staple of my student days, with many hours spent trawling the classifieds dreaming of what I'd spent my money on when I joined the working world.
Old 22 Jan 2020, 15:26 (Ref:3952758)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
MN (when it still was 'Motoring News') was a staple of my student days, with many hours spent trawling the classifieds dreaming of what I'd spent my money on when I joined the working world.
Absolutely! The classifieds were the holy grail for race/rally cars and parts. Always the first read......
Old 23 Jan 2020, 12:38 (Ref:3952916)   #10
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had not even been aware it was still going to be honest, a slim, very weak shadow of its former self.

Classifieds were indeed amazing, but not any more.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 00:19 (Ref:3953226)   #11
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Souns interesting-currently seems to report the same news-word for word as Autosport
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post

It's been crippled to protect Autosport, very weak digital presence too.

Hayshed should never have been allowed buy it in the first place.

Wonder how many staff will go with it and how many old staff might rejoin?

Would be great to have a motorsport media outlet that is independent and not afraid of investigative journalism.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 11:15 (Ref:3953280)   #12
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are hardly any staff there, probably two or three at most i would think, so not a lot to lose, you would be amazed at how little is needed to run a weekly or even monthly magazine, I remember going for interviews at places ten years ago and even people like EVO have only 3 or 4 staff. Most mags are owned by big publishers meaning designers, subs, staffers work on multiple titles.
Old 13 Feb 2020, 08:06 (Ref:3957361)   #13
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do not think it will be about very long, the printing is going t be on Friday rather than Monday, that means all the week ends action we will receive one week late. I was looking forward to reading about the The Cambrian Rally and the HSCCC trial held last weekend in yesterdays copy. No reports as it was printed before the events took place. This means it will be more Motorsprt History than news. There are 4 full page adverts for Trax, Japfest, Fordfair and Trackday hire, none of which I consider as Motorsport. I am aware that things have to change but more serious events do need reporting on much quicker than we will find in future.
Old 13 Feb 2020, 10:49 (Ref:3957391)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

I hope it survives. They need to make the right decisions. It needs to remain up to date. They need to keep focus on national events. Shame they changed the printing day. I just hope they fix all this. Obviously advertising revenue matters to them. They need to keep it simple. And remain more up to date in future
Old 18 Feb 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3958270)   #15
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finally got to look at last week's on Readly today. Agree that the Friday printing means some reports will be later, but as they point out, most of us will have seen the results online already by then. Looks like they are in a transition period with staff to recruit and new processes (like Readly upload) to implement.
Of course Autosport will do some national stuff, if only to try to grab readers from MN, but they will never cover the range MN can. As with the High Street - use it or lose it !
Old 18 Feb 2020, 17:24 (Ref:3958279)   #16
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep received tommorows issue today
Old 18 Feb 2020, 21:56 (Ref:3958336)   #17
andrewc
Veteran

If printing day has moved to Friday, maybe that means copy deadline has shifted. It was usually considered to by 6am on a Monday which made it a rush job to sort out copy and photos if you were at a circuit until late afternoon, early evening Sunday.

This could mean higher quality reporting.
Old 18 Feb 2020, 22:38 (Ref:3958342)   #18
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, that what the editorial says - gets away from 15 hour days on Monday
Old 18 Feb 2020, 23:14 (Ref:3958348)   #19
mab01UK
Veteran

mab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kelsey take over Motoring News (Motorsport News)

Kelsey Media has acquired the popular weekly newspaper, Motorsport News, from Motorsport Network, owners of Autosport, F1 Racing magazine and Motorsport.com, the world’s largest online racing portal:-
https://www.kelsey.co.uk/news/kelsey...torsport-news/

Received via email:-
"We are delighted to welcome Motorsport News into the Kelsey Media family!
For more than half a century Motorsport News has been the voice of British Motorsport!
Written by people at the very heart of the scene and now from the publishers of Mini Magazine & MiniWorld each issue delivers news, reports and results, keeping it's readers up to speed on everything motor racing and rallying!"
Motorsport News is published weekly with a cover price of £3.60.
Receive 12 issues of Motorsport News for just £12:-
https://shop.kelsey.co.uk/subOffer/MSN12W/source/MSN12W

Last edited by mab01UK; 18 Feb 2020 at 23:35.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 09:10 (Ref:3959714)   #20
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The good news is MN is going to be printed on Mondays from the middle of March & wil have the weekends sport reported that week.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 12:54 (Ref:3959746)   #21
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I picked up a free copy at Race Retro and was impressed with the quality of the printing (it didn't make my hands black)
I signed up for the 12 for £12 so will give it a go.