Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Jan 2002, 16:37 (Ref:197061)   #1
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steven Kane to compete Formula Renault with Mackie Motorsport

Earlier today Steven signed a deal with us to compete the Formula Renault Championship in 2002.
After winning the Avon Junior Cup with us he knws that we can do a great job for him this season.
I can see this been a big shock to everyone in this forum as you all thought he was off to VD or Manor.We now have to organise plenty of testing before the testing ban so we can be up at the top at the start of the season. I hope you'll all support us this season as Steven is a great guy and there is no way in renault that you can say our engines are dodgy.
Old 11 Jan 2002, 17:45 (Ref:197090)   #2
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The dog's dangly bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mackie and Kane have got my support. It's going to be mega tough but I'm sure they can do a good job.
Old 11 Jan 2002, 19:41 (Ref:197148)   #3
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic. FRenault looks like its going to be stunning this year, I fear that there are going to be many tears and damaged ego's before the season end though. It'll be interesting to see who comes out on top.
Old 11 Jan 2002, 21:05 (Ref:197211)   #4
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this a move by the whole team to Formula Renault, or will you still be running in Formula Ford? And how many cars in each?

Everyone seems to be abandoning Formula Ford this year. Renault's going to be a cracker though.
Old 11 Jan 2002, 22:19 (Ref:197271)   #5
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
your right there..... Renault is going to be a cracker !!!

Mackmot....youve got my support .
Old 13 Jan 2002, 06:15 (Ref:197829)   #6
ABHIJIT ABRAHAM
Rookie

ABHIJIT ABRAHAM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

i have no idea who the driver is lol
buti know renault will be competive this year . the dude who posted this seems to be a really nice guy so ill watch for the driver and the team
Old 17 Jan 2002, 17:17 (Ref:200227)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
See the press people aren't too quick on the uptake... thank god for the Internet and the direct communication this allows!

Quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE: THURSDAY 17TH JANUARY 2002
WORDS: 348

FORMULA RENAULT ATTRACTS FORD CHAMPIONS

The Formula Renault UK Championship is poised to boast the world’s most competitive grid of junior racing drivers and teams in 2002 after attracting two more star names: reigning Formula Ford champions Steven Kane (Ballynahinch) and Mackie Motorsport.

Irishman Kane, voted 2001 McLaren/Autosport Young Driver of the Year, and the Mackie team romped to last year’s junior Ford Zetec title. Their almost unprecedented decision to graduate together to Formula Renault will have come as a surprise to many.

They will join what is shaping up – by any junior championship’s standards – to be a grid exceptionally high in young driver talent and team rivalry. Already, defending champion team Motaworld Racing and multiple title-winner Manor Motorsport have announced arguably the strongest driver line-ups in their history as they seek to win the Formula Renault UK title.

However, both Kane and his team boss Andy Mackie are confident they can continue their winning form into 2002. “We’re not in this to finish second to Motaworld, Manor or anybody,” said Mackie. He also explained: “While we will continue in junior Ford, our decision to move into Formula Renault is very much market-led. Many drivers in the frame for Formula Ford or Formula Renault are now choosing the Renault route.”

Kane and the Mackie team – expected to announce a second driver soon – begin their pre-season testing programme in Italy next week. Kane, aged 21, commented: “Moving into Formula Renault will be very tough but, in my opinion, Andy is a superb engineer – the best in Ford – so I know he will turn out an excellent car.

“I’d hope to finish strongly in the first few rounds and then be in a position to win races. If we can get those results then maybe we can push for the title but until the first race we’re not going to make any predictions. I’m also very keen to use the season to help me develop as a driver.”

The first of the 2002 Formula Renault UK Championship’s 13 rounds takes place on Brands Hatch’s full-length Grand Prix circuit in Kent on Easter Monday, 1st April.

ENDS