Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 31 Oct 2005, 15:06 (Ref:1448446)   #1
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news on Superprix absentees?

Cracking field for the Superprix but there are two people conspicuous by their absence - Messrs Gollop and Carnegie...

Anyone know what the story is? Gollop disappeared early in the season and was rumoured to be bringing out a new car. And Carnegie was running in the Superseries earlier this year... Both will be missed.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1448468)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Gollops car has been unreliable this year and I think detonated in a big way on its last outing. He was only ever running a limited number of events this year (budget constraints) and I guess the blowups have used up all his spare pennies. I don't remember hearing the 'new car' rumours for Gollop but I did hear that the Focus was up for sale.

Carnegie? A notable absence from the entry list but no idea as to why he's not there.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 17:46 (Ref:1448551)   #3
Nittymaki
Racer

Nittymaki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Gollop is missing due to re-building his engine that he blew in Holland and he is also building a spare for the 2006 season.

Carnegie is missing due to being busy with the Irish championship and does not have the time to race 4 weekends on the trot.

Who needs them anyway with the line up the RPL team have assembled!!

Roll on Sunday!!

Anyone going to the media day on friday? I hear some top names will be there.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1448570)   #4
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We will be there Friday. I think lots and lots of people will be there on Friday. I expect all the europeans to be there by at least Friday night.

Come and say hello over the weekend nittymaki, then I can hear you drone on about how great the superseries is...hehe, no it would be good nto meet you mate.

HOWEVER, although the entry is great, its a BIG shame not to have Dermot there!
Old 31 Oct 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1448573)   #5
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittymaki
Gollop is missing due to re-building his engine that he blew in Holland and he is also building a spare for the 2006 season..
Thanks, so I guess the Saab rumours were nonsense...

Quote:
Carnegie is missing due to being busy with the Irish championship and does not have the time to race 4 weekends on the trot.
Yeah its a shame all these meetings are on top of each other... Then we have to face four months without any rallycross over here... unless someone is brave enough to put on some clubmen events over the winter?
Old 31 Oct 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1448580)   #6
chauffeur
Rookie

chauffeur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Is this a wind up, how can you talk about two of the best drivers to grace our and the European circuits. Sugestion engage brain before opperating fingers.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1448605)   #7
Nittymaki
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauffeur

Is this a wind up, how can you talk about two of the best drivers to grace our and the European circuits. Sugestion engage brain before opperating fingers.

You mean two drivers who have not done anything outside of Great Britain for years. One of which hasnt made it past the C final in the European champs this year, the other who has not won anything outside of Britain.

Yeh we really need them to take on the best in Europe dont we!!?? I think not!!
Old 31 Oct 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1448622)   #8
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry

Quote:
You mean two drivers who have not done anything outside of Great Britain for years. One of which hasnt made it past the C final in the European champs this year, the other who has not won anything outside of Britain.

Errr.... I think you've lost the plot here mate!

Dermot's been British champion so many times I've lost count...
Will is a Rallycross God (and he was European champion)...

Its a great Superprix but let's be sensible about things...
Old 31 Oct 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1448648)   #9
chauffeur
Rookie

chauffeur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas
Errr.... I think you've lost the plot here mate!

Dermot's been British champion so many times I've lost count...
Will is a Rallycross God (and he was European champion)...

Its a great Superprix but let's be sensible about things...

Ditto on that mate .
Some people don't realise what a hornets nest they could be stirring but in NITTY'S case he's back to doing what he does best ie -h-t stirring.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 19:09 (Ref:1448649)   #10
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John McCluskey, anyone know if he's definately coming over? seems to be missing from the preview.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1448652)   #11
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whether they had entered or not its their choice and shouldn't be slagged off for their descision, no doubt I would think one or both might be spectating though as I think Gollop will be up there looking for preparation business for 06
Old 31 Oct 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1448668)   #12
Nittymaki
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie
John McCluskey, anyone know if he's definately coming over? seems to be missing from the preview.
Gollop 1992 is thirteen years ago, thats recent isn't it!!
Carnegie, yes agree former British champion but my point exactly that he done nothing else!!

Im not going to be drawn into an argument over something so stupid, my point was they are unable to compete for varying reasons,but also well done to the RPL team for the line they have got here. Thats all! For once can people actually realise what an event this will be, how hard they must of worked to get Hansen and co across and actually say well done to them!

Yes McCluskey will be there, car repaired after BRC and left in north east ready for media day and action!

Media day not at Croft!
Old 31 Oct 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1448684)   #13
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
Quote:
Carnegie, yes agree former British champion but my point exactly that he done nothing else!!..
Oh dear..! You gotta love this guy!

But there's no argument about the RSS team - they've done a fantastic job. If RSS and BRDA can now work together it should be a good year for rallycross in 2006.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1448743)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Well Dermot has won the Irish championship a few times as well. And the last time I checked, that's Europe - it sure as hell isn't Britain.

What's your track record nitty?
Old 31 Oct 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1448809)   #15
golfvanman
Racer

golfvanman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just read on Pat Doran's official web site that he will not be attending the superprix to to lack of time to repair his fiesta .

Dermot were are you when we need you !!!

p.s. i also think its a shame not to have two of our biggest stars in rallycross there
Old 31 Oct 2005, 22:26 (Ref:1448857)   #16
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Nitty but you've got to get it in your head that none of us are saying that Peter and John etc arn't doing an amazing job, just i woul be very nice to see both of our home stars there!

I would be you money you can't see many more exciting drivers to watch that Dermot!
Old 31 Oct 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1448894)   #17
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
bucko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

i might be the next absentee cause i just realised how big this meeting has become and it the 1st time i will run the car this year, let alone now with a 2.0 litre installed ! my back side is performing now i dont think i will be able to leave the loo seat let alone drive to croft !!!
Old 31 Oct 2005, 23:31 (Ref:1448924)   #18
craig hope
Racer

England
near darlington
craig hope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko
i might be the next absentee cause i just realised how big this meeting has become and it the 1st time i will run the car this year, let alone now with a 2.0 litre installed ! my back side is performing now i dont think i will be able to leave the loo seat let alone drive to croft !!!

you be ok there plenty of loos around just pitch up near one that all
you cant miss this event good to marshal it but to be a driver even better

Old 1 Nov 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1449370)   #19
moyzer
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldermaston, Berks
moyzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe that Pat's boys won't get that thing ready for the Superprix! How many times has he pulled off in the heats with something broken (RS200), only to reappear a couple of hours later for another crack? Okay he has a whole days racing to do, but when did he never keep his foot until the engine detonated. Come on Pat, you've got a title to defend!!!

With regard to the entry list: When I turned up last year, many of the cars that started appearing on the grids on the Saturday afternoon weren't on the entry list at all. Not even as reserves. I think that having a few 'surprises' thrown in was quite exiting!! Maybe we'll get a few more surprises on Sunday? Is Pat just psyching out the opposition?!

On another point, will Aurther 'The Voice' Debenham be on the mic' for this event?
Old 1 Nov 2005, 17:25 (Ref:1449582)   #20
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arthur Debenham will be there.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1449729)   #21
ppj690
Rookie

ppj690 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arthur is the best entry yet - A true rallycross legend.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 20:38 (Ref:1449766)   #22
Rookie

England
Near France
206180 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppj690
Arthur is the best entry yet - A true rallycross legend.
The highlight of the Superprix and the RSS
Old 1 Nov 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1449805)   #23
ppj690
Rookie

ppj690 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite right, cant think of anyone in the history of the sport that has put more into Rallycross that Arthur and Adrienne. (sorry, I know this is not the topic of the thread)
Old 1 Nov 2005, 21:42 (Ref:1449830)   #24
Spunky Munky
Rookie

England
Lincoln
Spunky Munky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bucko- dont panic. It will be my first time out in a modified car. Got more power to use, and learn how to drive on slicks etc. Huge learning curve on such a big dayt, but will be fun!!
Old 2 Nov 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1450653)   #25
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
bucko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky Munky
Bucko- dont panic. It will be my first time out in a modified car. Got more power to use, and learn how to drive on slicks etc. Huge learning curve on such a big dayt, but will be fun!!
oh it will be fun alright in between toilet duties , am really looking forward to it, but bare in mind the last time i was like this was a 2003 at brands and i rolled it on the main straght in front of the stand ---- 2004 brands it died on me in the 3rd heat that was last time it ran as a 1600 ,hopefully i wont have that type of entertaiment