Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Aug 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3923663)   #1
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Historic Racing Association

"Another bloody talking shop for the usual suspects to blow their own trumpets"

OR

"A genuinely good idea to protect and cherish historic racing"

You the jury

https://www.historicracingtechnology...nds-its-voice/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 21 Aug 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3923674)   #2
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to say I'm one or the younger people as you all know who is solely interested in Historics and club motorsport.

For me all good things must come to and end,historic racing aswell.They're will be a time when racing as we know it will cease (hope thats not for a while) and cars that will see racing now will be put bafk in museums,garages etc or simply destroyed or broke down.

It's an inevitable part of human evolution if you like. Motor Sport as far as I know has only been around in its current form for th3 last 100 ish years.

I'm optimistic about the future but with a lack of young people,grids getting smaller,drivers getting to old to race,costs going up and to many events on it not looking to bright in some way.

One idea that I don't see a lot of is arrive and drives in historic .If a owner can't race let the car be raced by someone else that is younger maybe.You see a lot of in modern and club racing.This as with everything comes with obviouse difficulties.

Only talked about a few points.Feel free to disagree,agree,add to.
Old 22 Aug 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3923712)   #3
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To give an opinion, I think this is useless.

Historic Motor Sport has been going through cycles, just like any sport and category does. Interest has grown it's fair to say but just like the market, it goes through phases, waves, call it what you want.

I do not see the sport and category disapear or die, maybe the 20/80% balance will change or be affected by the recent trends we see in the sport. The lack of will to enforce and control regulations has surely been the biggest blow to the sport in the last 20 years.

It has come from a mainly amateur driven sport to fully operational modern operation with engineers and development that comes with it. Add the need to keep numbers up and you drive away the true enthusiast and amateur to create the imbalance that see grid numbers falling apart.

The other and last aspect is the lack of strategy from organisers and operation running the sport. Thinking of calendar and time in-between competition is key to keeping everyone happy and subscribing to a package or entry, less is more but as everybody wants to grab a part of the cake, the cuts are just getting smaller.

Working with the governing body for little more than two years, we've tried to bring people in and to sit down for regulations or calendars but as with the self centered world we live in, they only look at their own feets once the politically correct and roundtables are done...

It will survive and go on, just on a different mode, mood or trend. I just hope it will stay historic and not become silhouette.
Old 22 Aug 2019, 11:15 (Ref:3923724)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
"Another bloody talking shop for the usual suspects to blow their own trumpets"

OR

"A genuinely good idea to protect and cherish historic racing"
The first mentioned!

Thank you Duddha for your observations, saves me having to add any more....