Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 31 Oct 2005, 20:33 (Ref:1448736)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most embarassing moments in motorcycle racing

For me, nothing tops Sean Emmett's premature celebration at Thruxton in 2004, causing him to lose the rear end and reglate himself to 3rd place at the line. What a douche! Anyone have any more good ones though?

Vyvyan - The Young Ones
Old 31 Oct 2005, 22:31 (Ref:1448870)   #2
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was reading a thread like this on annother board...

...uncanny.

That was pretty funny though, i'll have to admitt.

From the same round, knocking off your championship leading teamate into the bails seems like a pretty duh-freddie moment for Kagayama.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 22:40 (Ref:1448875)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Had one at a road race where the winner decided to wheelie over the line, dropped the bike and it took out another rider and went into the spectator area.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 22:56 (Ref:1448891)   #4
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
I was reading a thread like this on annother board...

...uncanny.

That was pretty funny though, i'll have to admitt.

From the same round, knocking off your championship leading teamate into the bails seems like a pretty duh-freddie moment for Kagayama.

That was Lavilla wasn't it? He got a guest ride when Yukio injured himself.

Another one would be Michael Rutter at Knockhill in 2002. He tried to do the same move as Rossi on Sete in Jerez this year on Hislop on the last corner for the lead but ended up ramming Hizzy up the rear and taking them both out of the race. Paul Bird's face on the pitwall said it all.

Vyvyan - The Young Ones
Old 31 Oct 2005, 23:02 (Ref:1448900)   #5
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

nuff said
Old 1 Nov 2005, 07:03 (Ref:1449069)   #6
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well .. he did "rescue" it

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Nov 2005, 07:22 (Ref:1449074)   #7
asha
Veteran

yeah, true.. and he "did" win the race... but seriously new underpants time for max. how embarassment
Old 1 Nov 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1449290)   #8
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, a bit of that is in my avatar

When Barry past away, one of the highlights they showed was him discussing it on Aussie TV:

(Somethign like)

Well, the Italin press say it was he meant to do but, you can tell by the way he slowed down. Normally when ya wheelie you get of the gass and ease it back down but he just jammed on the breaks and probably banged his tackle on the tank.

Miss ya baz.

Anyhoo,

Good ol' Niall Mack did the same thing to Hizzy aswell. Hizzy did that last lap move at Oulten park on him for win and he tried to do the same thing at Thruxton(?), and nearly ran them both of the track iirc.

Oh yeah and after setting the world on fire with his win in Suzuka, Kevin Schwantz highsiding on the first lap coming out of lukey hights was a pretty special moment at Phillip Island in the late 80s.

Last edited by Hazza; 1 Nov 2005 at 11:42. Reason: Doesn't make no sense. I got good grammar and stuff.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 12:07 (Ref:1449307)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crivillé taking out Doohan on the last lap by ramming him in the rear after following him around for the majority of the race...
Not sure, but I think it happened in 1998 and during the last race at Doohan's home GP at Phillip Island, maybe the Aussies remember that moment more fondly?
Old 1 Nov 2005, 12:14 (Ref:1449314)   #10
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hah! You reminded me about that time that quote Criville gave us.
"Some one threw a fire cracker on the final lap and I lost my concentration" and hence forth lost the Spanish GP on the final corner. It was Mick pressuring him? Nooooo...of course not
Old 1 Nov 2005, 12:35 (Ref:1449325)   #11
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I went to the Marlboro Masters at Zandvoort, it must have been 1999, I'm not sure. As it was the Marlboro master, there was this demonstration with Mika Salo in the Ferrari, Tommi in the Mitsubishi and Max on the Yamaha. Max tried to do a riding burnout from the pits. So he stopped his bike at the end of the pitlane. As soon as he started the burnout, the bike went away from him. But because Max held on to the handlebars, the bike dragged him for a couple of yards, before falling full on his face. As I am a massive Yamaha fan, I was wearing a Max/Yamaha cap, so it was pretty embarrasing for me as well.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1449355)   #12
asha
Veteran

I found another pic of max

ASCII Man: I think the race where Alex rammed Mick was Eastern Creek 1996??.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1449393)   #13
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hah! That is the pick I used in my Avatar
Old 1 Nov 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1449401)   #14
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I suppose the Talmacsi/Kallio "incident" in Qatar was embarrasing for someone (Talmacsi, Kallio, Team, some TV commentators,... I don't know)

[forbidden]Don't use this as a thread deviator![/forbidden]
Old 1 Nov 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1449624)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One I can remember is Checa in the first year on the four strokes in RIO, he bogged the bike away from the line then passed the whol field including Rossi to lead, then binned it at the nest corner, all that risk taken and then bins it on his own.
What about Barros on the RGV in Jerez 93, gets a crap start and Rainey and Schwantz get a big lead, he caught them, started to pull away and then binned it a few corners later.
I always remember Rainey's quote. "He caught us, passed us, pulled away then fell down. You can't win em that way!" With the biggest grin on his face, top drawer!
What about Loris and Harada in Buenos Aires, must have been embarassing if you worked for Aprilia!
For me though the best one is Emmett, how the guy didnt lose his job straight away I have no idea!!
Old 1 Nov 2005, 23:24 (Ref:1449936)   #16
asha
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
For me though the best one is Emmett, how the guy didnt lose his job straight away I have no idea!!
Emmett??
Old 2 Nov 2005, 03:09 (Ref:1450036)   #17
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Xaus on the slow down lap of the last race in 2002 (WSBK).
Dropped it attempting a donut. Looked very silly.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1450672)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry Ash, the same one as the original post, nearly highsiding on the last lap at thruxton in BSB when he thought he had a bigger lead, he was under pressure from Paul Bird to perform and was leading, he looked over his shoulder whilst pumping his fist to the crowd and saw them coming, he gassed it and lost the lead on the line! Doofus!
Old 3 Nov 2005, 00:19 (Ref:1450958)   #19
asha
Veteran

.. I like it
I saw a simular thing on the weekend, I think it was the London Half Marathon, guy was waving and got pipped at the post, after like 4 hours running you be ****ed
Old 9 Nov 2005, 16:47 (Ref:1456430)   #20
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I thought of another one, which happened this year in testing at Sepang. Hayden was riding into the pits, while Biaggi was just exiting,this happened.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1464839)   #21
Guidoh
Rookie

United Kingdom
Near Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, UK
Guidoh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The one I rememebr as a likely 'sackable offence' was the Jorg Teuchert and Christian Kellner coming together on the last lap of a World Supersport race where one teamate made a suicidal last lap move on the other and took both out.

Would have loved to have been a fly on the Yamaha Germany garage wall after that one.
Old 2 Dec 2005, 23:10 (Ref:1476038)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Didnt Haslam and Lavailla have a coming together at Cadwell or summat this year?
What about the Hislop and Mackenzie one that was plastered all oevr the press coz someone overheard Rob Mac *******ing the pair of them in the van afterwards!
Old 3 Dec 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1476295)   #23
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Haslam tried to pass Lavilla at the end of the straight at Cadwell, last lap. Greg didnt see him, both went off and Hill came thru and won the race. Greg recovered for a decent finish while Haslam finished wel down the order....made up for it in race two tho.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1485548)   #24
capri-rs
Rookie

capri-rs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoh
The one I rememebr as a likely 'sackable offence' was the Jorg Teuchert and Christian Kellner coming together on the last lap of a World Supersport race where one teamate made a suicidal last lap move on the other and took both out.

Would have loved to have been a fly on the Yamaha Germany garage wall after that one.
was in oschersleben in 2000.couldnt belive what was happening!

stephane chambon couldnt belive that he was first over the line
Old 17 Dec 2005, 00:54 (Ref:1485599)   #25
asha
Veteran

Most embarassing moments in motorcycle racing.

How about Max Biaggi missing out on ride in 2006 because of his big mouth!