Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 3 Mar 2015, 14:47 (Ref:3511190)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I would hardly describe the 208 and 2008 with asterisks.
the 208 is ok but try getting in the vw group version of that size of car and see and feel the difference in every aspect. you certainly get what you pay for. the clio is a far, far better car, but i guess it's a bit more expensive.
Old 1 Apr 2015, 02:50 (Ref:3522567)   #27
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that you dont have to have "grunt" or whatever to enjoy driving an "everyday" car. I avoid the unnecessary use of the brakes and just dodge things. Of course people tell you are crazy and you put others at risk, but I dont consider what I do to be particularly risky and the times I was near adhesion limits because of some oil or dirt on the road, the car responded well.

I drive this crap:

The 900kgs makes the 1.2L 75HP engine look good in the city ,its not enough in the road, the 5th gear is short and that makes it thirsty. Also because of those 900kg the insufficient braking power seems good with no passengers or luggage in plain dry asphalt, but its not.

The car has no real confort extras, just basic cheap transportation. If you know how to use this car you can do 100,000 miles in 5 years like I did without replacing anything but the windshield wipers, oil, filters and timing belt. Next week "the crap" will be on holidays and I will replace brake pads, tyres, spark plugs and cables, brake fluid, coolant liquid and hidraulic steering fluid.

Brake discs, shock absorbers, wheel bearings and rubber bushes are all originals and in good condition. I still cover long distances flat out (160kph) and oil consumption is 0. I change it every 6,500 miles.

There you have, a small cheap car that can beat a Porsche 911 in dense traffic.
Old 1 Apr 2015, 17:38 (Ref:3522806)   #28
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belatti View Post
I drive this crap:
I used to have 2003 with 1.4 97 hp and automatic tranny. My first automatic ever. Can't remember was it thirsty or not but the direct ignition was something you could call crap. 3 of 4 coils failed.
Old 21 Apr 2015, 01:20 (Ref:3529527)   #29
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
How about, new cars are rubbish because they are made of 10 000 parts all supplied by external suppliers at the lowest price possible with little or no regard for quality!
Old 21 Apr 2015, 02:01 (Ref:3529541)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
How about, new cars are rubbish because they are made of 10 000 parts all supplied by external suppliers at the lowest price possible with little or no regard for quality!
They have quality... that's a subjective measure, you can say just about anything has 'quality'

Perhaps the closer truth is longevity... the bits just done seem to last the way they should, nor perform the way they should...

Back when I was a boy...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 May 2015, 06:07 (Ref:3535407)   #31
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
They have quality... that's a subjective measure, you can say just about anything has 'quality'

Perhaps the closer truth is longevity... the bits just done seem to last the way they should, nor perform the way they should...

Back when I was a boy...

You're right I guess GTR, quality was the wrong word I guess, the manufacturers just seem to be riding the whatever it is "somebody can make it a little cheaper and a little worse" to the max!