Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 May 2019, 23:12 (Ref:3905157)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
Basically the only reason to get an EV is because of tax breaks, and that depends on the country you live in.
They are a hoot to drive. If you are driving it as a normal car for the tedious A to B the power delivery is a joy. More relaxing and I'd much drive one compared to a modern ICE for that kind of journey. I had an e-Golf for sometime and it was a perfect commute car. If you are, er, pushing on then they, depending on model, can also excite. Easy to get power out of those motors and such torque. Great stuff. Put the battery low down and they can handle too and it can make up for some of that weight. The e-tron is a good example of this. All modern cars are too heavy anyway

Some get them for tax breaks, others because it suits their life, some because they prefer them.

Of course the range can be an issue. If you don't need the range then they are more convenient if you have a drive/garage, You never waste time filling up (and it is cheaper).

I like them. Doesn't mean I like E-Types any less. After all I'm a petrolhead.