Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 13 Aug 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3289439)   #1
simon_blay
Racer

simon_blay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happens November - March?

Evening.

I was wondering, what kind of events are there to marshal once the track season ends in October/November time? I attend a lot at Silverstone and Combe so would like something SW or Midlands, any suggestions?
Old 13 Aug 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3289442)   #2
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to admit that I tend to get on with things that I've put off over the course of the season; however, Whilton Mill kart track might be worth a try. Other kart circuits also run throughout the winter. There is normally a rally at Rockingham in early December. Also there is the combined car/bike 'Plum Pudding' meeting at Mallory on Boxing Day.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 22:02 (Ref:3289460)   #3
dave vass
Racer

England
Kidderminster
dave vass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two other events that I can think of are the Wyedean Rally, (Forest of Dean MC) and a sporting car trial near Stourport on Severn, (Hagley & District Light Car Club) both in February.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 22:22 (Ref:3289466)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Silverstone keeps going into early November, of course. I've got more meetings there in Oct/Nov than I've had during the rest of the year.

Sporting Trials are great fun. As Dave says, H&DLCC is in Feb., MAC have one at Shelsley in early March.

Plenty of rallies around the country.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 07:48 (Ref:3289561)   #5
Fred Bromley
Racer

United Kingdom
Lutterworth
Fred Bromley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BARC Midlands have a Sprint at Mallory Park on November 2nd & another one in March.
Then there are training days.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 09:35 (Ref:3289592)   #6
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Decorating, DIY, gardening, preparing the allotment for next spring...........

Watching the wife do all this leaves me no time for anything else ......
Old 14 Aug 2013, 10:40 (Ref:3289623)   #7
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Anglesey Winter Meeting on Dec 1st, Plum Pudding at Mallory on Boxing Day!
Old 14 Aug 2013, 11:05 (Ref:3289633)   #8
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
get at much overtime to pay for next season, do the DIY, talk about previous season on here and facebook, spend some time with the missus, buy camping gear for next season, wash kit and polish boots
Old 14 Aug 2013, 11:49 (Ref:3289655)   #9
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch stages at end of January is good, Plum Pudding is a Christmas tradition now
Old 14 Aug 2013, 12:18 (Ref:3289671)   #10
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthportFC Fan View Post
Decorating, DIY, gardening, preparing the allotment for next spring...........

Watching the wife do all this leaves me no time for anything else ......
I love work.......... I could watch it all the time

But don't care.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 13:40 (Ref:3289714)   #11
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mildred at Brands Hatch is looking for more marshals for the Britcar Into The Night and Formula4 weekend at the end of November - apparently that is now a two day meeting, so extra help needed.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 16:47 (Ref:3289772)   #12
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you fancy a bit of sun and fun:
- SCCA event at infield course, California Speedway (actually a super fun course, great sightlines and big fields with pro teams using it as testing), end of January or first weekend of February. Note that Central Florida Region also runs SCCA and vintage events in the winter.

- Rolex 24, Daytona, February.

- 12 Hours of Sebring, mid-March.

Just sayin'.
keke
Old 14 Aug 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3289811)   #13
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
V8 Supercars Clipsal 500 in Adelaide at the end of February. OK, so not exactly just down the road for most regular Tenthers but I can categorically recommend it
Old 15 Aug 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3290289)   #14
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Training days!!
Old 15 Aug 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3290304)   #15
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sleep and visit all the people who's parties, birthdays etc I've failed to turn up at during the rest of the year.....
Old 15 Aug 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3290334)   #16
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All my clothes shrink!
Old 15 Aug 2013, 20:30 (Ref:3290382)   #17
simon_blay
Racer

simon_blay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The F4 and Britcar Brands weekends are a good shout. Bit far just for the day but can justify a big trip for a weekend.

As for things non motorsport related... nahhh!
Old 16 Aug 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3290672)   #18
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
All my clothes shrink!
Funny that, so do mine!

Hang them up at the end of the season, take them out at the start of the new one - and they are too small

But don't care.
Old 16 Aug 2013, 14:58 (Ref:3290711)   #19
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Don't forget the BMMC North Hotpot Supper!

Add to that BARC NW & BRSCC NW's dinner dances & we see more of some of our marshalling colleagues off-season than we during the season!
Old 17 Aug 2013, 23:07 (Ref:3291121)   #20
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silverstone starts again in Feb with the Pom!
Old 18 Aug 2013, 07:43 (Ref:3291231)   #21
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They used to have social nights at the Edgerton (Sp?) Arms - my first foray into Marshalling was one of those (only I could join the club in October). I miss the old dinner/dance things at the Saxon Cross Motel, but not the motel itself.

But the Hot Pot Supper is always good and a great way to meet up with folk during the "lean period" of winter. Well done Nadine for taking up Audrey Watt's baton and running with it.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3291258)   #22
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh aye, I forgot the BMMC Midlands Christmas do! Last year was the first in a number of years, this year's has already been organised and is almost full.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 20:30 (Ref:3291462)   #23
Croft Marshal
Rookie

England
Washington Tyne & Wear
Croft Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for me between November and March is the time it takes me to convince the wife that I need to try and do more days next year
Old 19 Aug 2013, 12:46 (Ref:3291703)   #24
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
[QUOTE=Croft Marshal;3291462]... the wife ...[QUOTE]

OOOO - you're in trouble now with SWMBO!

But don't care.