Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 3 Nov 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3471181)   #1
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Mr. Razor has brought his own car

So I've taken the plunge on buying my first new car (and first car I've brought myself, the last two cars I've had have been hand me downs)

It's a 2014 Holden VF SS-V Redline (Chevy SS for the American folks) in black with red trimmings. Can't wait to drive the bad boy.
Old 4 Nov 2014, 03:24 (Ref:3471438)   #2
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent choice, enjoy!
Old 4 Nov 2014, 04:45 (Ref:3471447)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice work! Watch out for those pesky speed cameras
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Nov 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3471827)   #4
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Nice work! Watch out for those pesky speed cameras
Will do. More so the mobile ones (that look like my Holden)

Not exactly mine but what it will look like. Getting made as we speak so it's going to be a 25th birthday present to myself.
Old 6 Nov 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3472279)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
first new car and first car you bought yourself?

crongrats!
Old 6 Nov 2014, 19:19 (Ref:3472304)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Is that the Vectra body in the UK and Europe?
Old 7 Nov 2014, 01:26 (Ref:3472385)   #7
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
w00t!

*applause*

Congratulations and enjoy. That's a good-looking paint scheme.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3472590)   #8
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Is that the Vectra body in the UK and Europe?

Not quite ....

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/microsite/vxr/vxr8/index.html
Old 8 Nov 2014, 13:59 (Ref:3472825)   #9
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Thanks guys. When it arrives, taking it out to the track with some acting and film making friends for the day.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 05:13 (Ref:3511898)   #10
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Took it to a tuning house and squeezed out a few horsepower from the engine before putting a supercharger on it. It roughly makes 870 hp at the rear weeks. Also got custom black rims, brembo brakes and tweaked suspension. (Next upgrades will be a new, stronger clutch and 'box)

So who wants to have a go in this hyper car killer?
Old 5 Mar 2015, 05:44 (Ref:3511907)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Sounds like fun off the lights
Old 16 Apr 2015, 04:07 (Ref:3527831)   #12
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
It has been fun. Repayments.....not so much
Old 16 Apr 2015, 04:34 (Ref:3527833)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Repayments suck on anything.. at least you are enjoying your toy..

You can't drive a house after all
Old 16 Apr 2015, 12:19 (Ref:3527913)   #14
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Repayments.....not so much
Everything car related in Aus seems to be double the price of the UK. My daughter has had a couple of cars since she's been there, the latest one being a 6 year old Fiat 500 is costing her a fortune. Added to that the dealership she bought it from now thinks she's a good target for overly expensive repairs of faults that suddenly materialise once the car enters their workshop despite her paying an extortionate amount for a warrantee on it.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 06:04 (Ref:3528134)   #15
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Everything car related in Aus seems to be double the price of the UK.
You're not wrong! I watch Top Gear and I'm astounded how cheap cars are over there, especially European brands.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 08:24 (Ref:3528164)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Tis ok... Australia will soon be flooded with grey imports, prices will fall.. and so will the value of any car we currently think we have equity in

Old 17 Apr 2015, 14:49 (Ref:3528246)   #17
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Tis ok... Australia will soon be flooded with grey imports, prices will fall.. and so will the value of any car we currently think we have equity in

Is the law changing there? At the moment to import a car you have to have owned it for more than a year in your original country of residence other than that it seems nigh on impossible to send a car there.

Daughter did send a pic of a nice classic Merc that no one seemed to want to touch, not very practical for her but it wasn't too expensive.
She's just got her car back, it had a brake warning light on and they didn't do the rear brakes but she kicked up such a fuss they've waived the $1400 repair bill and the $300 service charge, not that it sounds like they serviced it anyway.
Old 21 Apr 2015, 00:45 (Ref:3529518)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
When the car makers (Holden, Ford & Toyota) pull out of Australia by the end of 2017, there will be no local industry to protect

The plan seems to be that cars up to a certain age will be able to be imported here directly, and not through a local dealer.

So buying a Mercedes Benz out of the UK, as export so no VAT, putting it on a boat and sending it here, perhaps with duty on it, will in theory be cheaper than sourcing a similar model locally...

The local importers are screaming.... they have to fund an infrastructure of a dealer and parts network, while these imported cars will have stuff on them never homologated for this market, and there of course will be no spares for them... hurting the rep of the brand... or so they say...

Resale of current cars may take a hit too because of this call...

Madness...
Old 13 Jun 2015, 14:00 (Ref:3548457)   #19
TeenTop
Rookie

TeenTop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice car
I would have not given up on this)