Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 23 Mar 2021, 11:02 (Ref:4042396)   #276
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hyundai Staria

This is the Hyundai Staria, and it is a new motor vehicle with an exterior design “resembling a spaceship”.
So, a warm welcome back for the humble MPV, clearly no longer a dirty word (initialism). Hyundai is bringing back a segment mercilessly pummelled into submission by those pesky crossovers, via a car from the future that movies have been promising us for decades.

Old 23 Mar 2021, 11:32 (Ref:4042404)   #277
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One would hardly call a vehicle that can seat 9 (as in the bottom picture) as a small or family car.
Old 23 Mar 2021, 11:43 (Ref:4042406)   #278
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
One would hardly call a vehicle that can seat 9 (as in the bottom picture) as a small or family car.
I would have thought a 9-seater is targeted specifically at families?

If not in the family car thread - which would be the better option?
Hyundai describe the car as an MPV - which to me means a family car.....
Old 23 Mar 2021, 21:03 (Ref:4042565)   #279
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isn't that what our American friends would refer to as a minivan ?
Old 25 Mar 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4042957)   #280
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's definitely more than an estate/people carrier. It does look more like a minivan
Old 30 Mar 2021, 15:29 (Ref:4043929)   #281
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I started this thread, and I certify that the Hyundai Staria is a family car.
Old 30 Mar 2021, 15:32 (Ref:4043930)   #282
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Volkswagen Nivus will be built in Spain and sold in Europe under the name Taigo.
Old 12 Apr 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4045700)   #283
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Citroën C5X

4.80 m long, 1.48 m tall
220 hp plugin hybrid

Wow that's ugly.
Old 15 Apr 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4046112)   #284
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The Dacia Sandero got 2 stars in the EuroNCAP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmfjM4lMX50

Oh no!

Anyway...
Old 20 Apr 2021, 19:02 (Ref:4046938)   #285
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Ford Evos

Hybrid and all-electric powertrains expected

Looks like a chopped down Mach-E. I like it.
Old 20 Apr 2021, 21:33 (Ref:4046970)   #286
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It looks better than the Mach-E by a WIDE margin
Old 21 Apr 2021, 08:17 (Ref:4047015)   #287
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They've actually made it look good, so far play to them for doing that
Old 22 Apr 2021, 01:07 (Ref:4047198)   #288
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Ford Evos

Hybrid and all-electric powertrains expected

Looks like a chopped down Mach-E. I like it.
Unfortunately that looks like it is a Chinese/Ford venture and China only distribution
Old 22 Apr 2021, 19:54 (Ref:4047386)   #289
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Honda HR-V

4.33 m long
130 hp hybrid engine

I really don't like that grille.
Old 23 Apr 2021, 14:42 (Ref:4047540)   #290
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I agree, for the rest the car looks okay.
Old 5 May 2021, 16:12 (Ref:4049885)   #291
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Skoda Fabia

4.11 m long
65-150 hp gasoline engines

Smells like vanilla.
Old 6 May 2021, 09:25 (Ref:4050003)   #292
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Generically VAG, which is exactly what it is.
Old 6 May 2021, 12:24 (Ref:4050032)   #293
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Looks like a mix of Audi and VW parts, oh wait, yup that checks out
Old 6 May 2021, 12:30 (Ref:4050033)   #294
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Does everything a Polo or A1 does - but cheaper and less smugly.
Old 6 May 2021, 13:40 (Ref:4050051)   #295
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Does everything a Polo or A1 does - but cheaper and less smugly.

Noticeable that a number of police forces here in the UK are choosing the swifter Skodas for use as unmarked road policing cars. They obviously see the benefits, both in speed and cost.
Old 6 May 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4050055)   #296
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Noticeable that a number of police forces here in the UK are choosing the swifter Skodas for use as unmarked road policing cars. They obviously see the benefits, both in speed and cost.
That reminds me of the time I was working with a UK-based HGV manufacturer.
We had a request from a Fire Service for base models for a future tender - with one of the criteria being a 0-60mph time below a certain threshold. As you can imagine - acceleration is never normally a factor in designing a HGV, so road tests were required.

I imagine something similar is carried out by police forces - performance and load capacity are factors ahead of comfort and refinement.
Old 6 May 2021, 15:24 (Ref:4050083)   #297
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
That reminds me of the time I was working with a UK-based HGV manufacturer.
We had a request from a Fire Service for base models for a future tender - with one of the criteria being a 0-60mph time below a certain threshold. As you can imagine - acceleration is never normally a factor in designing a HGV, so road tests were required.

I imagine something similar is carried out by police forces - performance and load capacity are factors ahead of comfort and refinement.

When I read this, I automatically thought of Dennis who used to be one of the major suppliers of fire tenders, and it wasn't until I looked them up that I realised that they haven't been making them for about 15 years. Blooming heck, time just flies by without you knowing.
Old 6 May 2021, 17:40 (Ref:4050101)   #298
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Less bits inside to break and to add weight as well I guess? I get why Audi feels the need to offer full motion, vibrating and heated/cooled seats but offer the removal and replacement. Seats weigh a TON for what that give
Old 22 Jun 2021, 13:30 (Ref:4057754)   #299
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Peugeot 308 SW

4.65 m long

130 hp gasoline and Diesel engines
180-220 hp plug-in hybrid engines

Much prettier that the previous generation.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 17:45 (Ref:4057778)   #300
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It's a nice looking car.

Still have to get used to the new Peugeot logo, at first I thought it was a Proton.