Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Sep 2019, 16:48 (Ref:3925828)   #1726
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course the other point is that the SNP want a no deal so they can go back and have another go at devolution, or whatever.

I'm on their side by the way. They can have Yorkshire too.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3925852)   #1727
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’m surprised our baub still watches sport taking place on mainland Europe.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

And yes, I’ve watched two or three stages of Le Tour from the side of the road in the past. Blink and you miss it. Much better on TV, even the time trial last night....
Mike I have no problem with Europe, as long as it is not part of the United (?) Kingdom.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3925888)   #1728
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
[B]

Mike I have no problem with Europe, as long as it is not part of the United (?) Kingdom.
it would be handy to have Bordeaux and the Loire back.....
Old 4 Sep 2019, 22:31 (Ref:3925893)   #1729
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
In the meantime, the 5th of November draws ever closer.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 00:56 (Ref:3925902)   #1730
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
In the meantime, the 5th of November draws ever closer.

Its all a bit like that isnt it.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 05:17 (Ref:3925918)   #1731
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Is there not a saying- “History has a habit of repeating itself?”
Old 5 Sep 2019, 06:17 (Ref:3925927)   #1732
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Of course the other point is that the SNP want a no deal so they can go back and have another go at devolution, or whatever.

I'm on their side by the way. They can have Yorkshire too.

Good man - that way this Yorkshireman can escape the Cummings/Johnson/Mogg (et al ) nightmare. Hope Nicola doesn't let me down ...
Old 5 Sep 2019, 06:40 (Ref:3925929)   #1733
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The "You Couldn't Make It Up" farce continues.

Stephen Kinnock placed a motion to re-look at the Blessed Theresa's deal. It would have been massively defeated - had it not been for the fact that there were no tellers in the Noes lobby.

I despair.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 5 Sep 2019, 06:44 (Ref:3925930)   #1734
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
If there is a word to describe the happenings beyond 'despair', then we're going to need it...…
Old 5 Sep 2019, 08:17 (Ref:3925937)   #1735
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Good man - that way this Yorkshireman can escape the Cummings/Johnson/Mogg (et al ) nightmare. Hope Nicola doesn't let me down ...
Hmm.

Be careful about what you wish for.

Could Yorkshire fund the entire Scottish budget deficit by itself?
Old 5 Sep 2019, 08:39 (Ref:3925947)   #1736
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perhaps some of you clever chaps here can explain exactly what is going on with our countries politicians at the moment. My current understanding is that;

We had a referendum that the winners lost.

We have a government that can't govern.

An opposition that is opposed to everything.

A potential General Election that every one is calling for but nobody wants.

The UK is paying poker with the EU, but does not have any cards.

There are only two parties now represented in Parliament. Conservative and 'No Deal'

Of the latter there are the Liberal Democrats, who are neither. Greens who are in league with Reds, Scots who don't want to be there anyway, and a Communist Part in waiting.

Any clarification would be welcome, for as it is I seem to recall something about "Lunatics taking over the asylum". and wonder if I misunderstood it's meaning.

Many thanks,

Bauble (Who is not sure if he is European, British, English or Pakistani.)
Old 5 Sep 2019, 09:04 (Ref:3925949)   #1737
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Bauble (Who is not sure if he is European, British, English or Pakistani.)
Baub, you are 'within cooee' of Luton Airport..... the World is your oyster!
Old 5 Sep 2019, 09:30 (Ref:3925952)   #1738
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Baub, you are 'within cooee' of Luton Airport..... the World is your oyster!
If only I had a passport …………………….
Old 5 Sep 2019, 09:51 (Ref:3925956)   #1739
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Of course the other point is that the SNP want a no deal so they can go back and have another go at devolution, or whatever. I'm on their side by the way. They can have Yorkshire too.

Hey, that's not nice. What have we done? I'm sure there are more leavers here than in many other parts of the UK. London, for instance.

P*ssed off and now insulted, near York.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3925959)   #1740
bauble
Veteran

England
I think you may have hit upon an answer to Boris' problems.

Offer the Jocks another referendum on independence in exchange for support over Brexit.

Solves all of our problems. Gets rid of the pesky SNP in the English parliament, saves us a massive amount of money, and gets us out of the EU.

Win-win situation, and it raises two fingers to the rest of the motley bunch of remainers.

Go for it Bojo.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3925963)   #1741
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hehehe all this Boris talk reminds me of a Stop Boris the Spider toy I was involved in back in the 70s when I was with Corgi Toys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N10nV9EwJXc
Old 5 Sep 2019, 10:55 (Ref:3925966)   #1742
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Hey, that's not nice. What have we done? I'm sure there are more leavers here than in many other parts of the UK. London, for instance.
No argument from me. So, we'll make it the remain Yorkies can be part of Scotland.
Old 6 Sep 2019, 10:39 (Ref:3926170)   #1743
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No argument from me. So, we'll make it the remain Yorkies can be part of Scotland.

Already been tried in Ireland, not a 100% success.
Old 6 Sep 2019, 11:19 (Ref:3926176)   #1744
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
There are Yorkies in Ireland?
Old 6 Sep 2019, 12:21 (Ref:3926195)   #1745
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You can get Yorkies anywhere, although sometimes they go under a different name on the Continent. They're made by Rowntree/Nestle which is of course a Swiss company and so totally unaffected by the EU.

Old 6 Sep 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3926220)   #1746
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
You can get Yorkies anywhere, although sometimes they go under a different name on the Continent. They're made by Rowntree/Nestle which is of course a Swiss company and so totally unaffected by the EU.

Are you going to regale us with the joke about the lorry driver, and the young lady he picked up?
Old 6 Sep 2019, 16:34 (Ref:3926231)   #1747
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone catch the hilarious moment on Question Time last night when Labour's Emily Thornberry declared that when Labour took over she would negotiate the best deal she could with the EU, and then put it to a fresh Referendum, and campaign against acceptance of the deal she had negotiated?

Sounds like a shrewd negotiating strategy, guaranteed to get good results.....
Old 6 Sep 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3926232)   #1748
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Anyone catch the hilarious moment on Question Time last night when Labour's Emily Thornberry declared that when Labour took over she would negotiate the best deal she could with the EU, and then put it to a fresh Referendum, and campaign against acceptance of the deal she had negotiated?

Sounds like a shrewd negotiating strategy, guaranteed to get good results.....
I didn't see it live but it's been doing the rounds on Twitter. Brilliant stuff.
Old 6 Sep 2019, 17:17 (Ref:3926238)   #1749
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
I didn't see it live but it's been doing the rounds on Twitter. Brilliant stuff.

Before becoming an MP she was a Barrister - so perfectly trained and entitled to argue either side of an argument.

(Presumably).

It's simple genius to argue both sides. I can think of no better way to utterly confuse all parties.

It's not so uncommon.

Back in the 80s I and a colleague attended a course at a hotel in London, On the first day some riffraff invaded the hotel through a rear door left open because of building work, smashed through a couple of bedroom doors on the first floor, one of which was my colleagues, found the keys to his liveried company car (car parked in the street, keys hidden in washbag in the bathroom but with matching liveried key ring), legged it out of the building and drove off in the car observed by hotel staff.

We arranged alternative transport home for the following day when the course had finished.

The miscreant was found near the car a not long after the event in the act of throwing away the keys but having about him my colleague's somewhat expensive driving gloves and sunglasses and a few other personal items which had been in the car.

Taken to court some time later he was charged with handling stolen property at which point he (or his representative) said that the "handling" was not possible as he had stolen the car in the first place.

As my colleague had no way of proving that the gloves, glasses and some other items (worth about £200 all told at the time) were his the thief kept them and was fined just £50 for taking the car.

Apparently he took a roll of notes out of a pocket, peeled off the required amount and walked away.

Thus one might consider that the Law and logic training that Emily would have received before qualifying as a Barrister would be perfectly suited to taking the position she took on Question Time. And entirely logical to her even if not making much sense to anyone else.

Even worse the miscreant was clearly no genius as the car he nicked was a near base level Maestro ... I mean - what was he thinking?

Old 6 Sep 2019, 17:31 (Ref:3926240)   #1750
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So, catching up- The Lords have passed 'No deal' bill, but apparently that still doesn't rule it out? So where do we go from here…..