Old 27 Jul 2003, 22:48 (Ref:672802)   #1
John Watson
Racer

England
Burgh on Bain - Lincolnshire
John Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell Park August 3rd.

Can you help us?
We could do with a few more Marshals of all grades, but mainly course/incident for the BRSCC meeting this coming Sunday at Cadwell Park.
There is a sensible programme, a guaranteed lunch break, good grids, and our usual hospitality at sign on.
The programme includes:- VSR 6, Super Silhouette, Super Coupe Cup Group 1, Mighty Mini, Super Mighty Mini, Super Coupe Cup Group 2, and the Northern Formular Fords. ( I received the final instructions and entry list yesterday, and as there were only two entries for the Northern Formular Fords, I expect this race to be withdrawn). All races are for a set time of 20 minutes, thus guaranteeing a sensible finishing time.
If you can help, please contact me and I will send you the necessary passes and sign on instructions. If you decide at the last minute that you can help, sign on is in the assembly area hospitality unit between 07.45 and 08.20am, and you will be able to get into the Circuit with your MSA registration card, or a phone call to me and I will leave your passses on the main gate.
Looking forward to hearing from you, and in anticipation of your response, thank you,
John Watson - Chief Marshal
Old 28 Jul 2003, 16:00 (Ref:673431)   #2
anna_blakemore
Racer

anna_blakemore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How short are you for this meeting?? Is there enough for it to go ahead or is there a chance of it being cancelled?
Is there anyone else on here making the trip across for this one?
Old 28 Jul 2003, 16:22 (Ref:673452)   #3
serverbrainfailure
Rookie

serverbrainfailure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to make it over - but I'm working...
Old 28 Jul 2003, 17:27 (Ref:673497)   #4
euromarshal
Rookie

euromarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry John, altough I had a very good weekend (750mc) untill that major incident last year I will not make it to cadwell this year.
But I will be back !! cadwell is a magnificent circuit with great people and sure worthwhile to go marshalling, who cares about a few miles more and fewer sleep , go to bed earlier and carpool ( use ten-tenths marshalsforum)
as for myself, I live in Belgium and can not make the journey every year but i will make the journey again in the future as I have been to a lot of circuits in the uk (brands, Lydden, thruxton, castle combe, pembrey, silverstone, donington, snetterton, mallory, oulton, cadwell, knockhill , anglessy and goodwood hill) not bad for a man who works 6 days a week, 65 h a week, and has only 5 days off a year, yes i am a little bit crazy and no I am not married.
I will try to get back to cadwell on a bank holiday weekend.

Dick De Vylder
Old 28 Jul 2003, 20:30 (Ref:673680)   #5
John Watson
Racer

England
Anna, I am confident that this meeting WILL go ahead. Just because we had to cancel ONE race meeting this year due to the lack of Marshals, it does not mean that whenever a call for additional help is made, that the meeting is in jeopardy!!!! The meeting on June 22nd. this year was the first and only one that I know of that has been cancelled due to a shortage of Marshals, and I have been around the marshalling scene for quite a few years. So, if you can get to Cadwell your help will be gratefully appreciated and you will be made most welcome.
John Watson - Chief Marshal
Old 28 Jul 2003, 20:33 (Ref:673682)   #6
John Watson
Racer

England
Hi Dick, (Euromarshal), nice to hear from you and thanks for your comments. You know you can visit us anytime, just give me a call when you next come over.
John Watson
Old 30 Jul 2003, 20:13 (Ref:675677)   #7
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know i'll be there John but won't be adding to your numbers (Having said that Mrs. Flagwaver was Flagging & on the rescue unit at Croft Last weekend (Luckily she broke her non flagging arm the other week))
Old 31 Jul 2003, 19:22 (Ref:676573)   #8
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be there as usual
Old 1 Aug 2003, 07:21 (Ref:676862)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Hi John, we're already committed to Anglesey unfortunately, but I'd still love to make it to Cadwell at some point. It sounds like a fabulous circuit and after the vision of loveliness woven for us by Pete, it's on our list of "love to visit"

Hope you have a well-populated and safe weekend!
Old 1 Aug 2003, 18:17 (Ref:677383)   #10
dogsbody
Racer

dogsbody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there, find me a job