Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 7 Jul 2011, 21:13 (Ref:2923463)   #1
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
simoncelli wrongly/rightfully accused

im more of an f1 fan but rarely has an off and on track battle been more bitter than this. i feel for him because since lorenzo tried it on quite a few riders have jumped on the band wagon waiting to lock jaws onto any minor or major mistake he makes. yes theyre welcome to pysche him out because he's appeared from nowhere to being a front runner. its not working though!
is it all justified? could he be suspended from racing? my estimations in lorenzo have gone down a lot though since this happened.
Old 9 Jul 2011, 11:47 (Ref:2924112)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Suspended for what - racing hard?
Old 22 Jul 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2929755)   #3
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Suspended for what - racing hard?
its happened before many a time down the years. the most high profile schumacher in 97 excluded from the results for one intentional incident.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 14:03 (Ref:2929794)   #4
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
that wasn't racing hard .. that was a mistake ..
and i'm a Schumacher fan

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Jul 2011, 16:05 (Ref:2930438)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For me it's silly the way they've decided to gang up on him. I haven't seen much wrong with what he's been doing. Lorenzo and Rossi for instance have both had their moments; it's inevitable.

Re: Schumacher, that was different. He tried to take Villeneuve off on purpose.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 06:17 (Ref:2930718)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit like Senna & Prost...

Interesting that Simoncelli's team-mate Aoyama is now ahead of him in the championship... Gotta stop binning it Marco!
Old 25 Jul 2011, 07:51 (Ref:2930746)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He remin ds me a bit of Co,in McRae! In that he obviously has the speed, but so far has not yet been able to keep it on the island.

Almost as if he can't quite stay on at that pace, there have been plenty in the past, de Puniet, Checa, Haydon, they all would crash or win!

But they also to some extent learned, though I think de Puniet will never stop crashing unil he away from GP.

Simoncelli did stop crashing in 250's after being a crasher when he moved from 125, so he can do it, but I fear he might be using up his lives with Gresini!
Old 25 Jul 2011, 08:35 (Ref:2930764)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Yes, maybe so, not as if Honda need him with the riders in there stable at the moment & with Marquez coming thru - still, he is definitely worthy of a factory seat in Moto GP & you would like to think that in 2012 all the crashing would be behind him...
Old 25 Jul 2011, 09:11 (Ref:2930777)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I say, he was exactly the same in 250 on the Aprilia, but eventaully got used to it.

He is never going to be a Rossi or Edwards who rarely crash, but he does need to sort it out. If only because the team will start resenting it!

A 1000 might suit him better, but it doesnt look that bigger a bike!!
Old 25 Jul 2011, 22:00 (Ref:2931099)   #10
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just imagine the repair bill if he was riding a Duc!