Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 6 Jun 2011, 18:34 (Ref:2892353)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Round 6 - Moto GP 2011, Silverstone

we start with the news that Dani Pedrosa will not start this race after finding out his injury is still not heal. I wonder if Honda calls in a replacement rider. there is a question mark on Coiln Edwards as he has suffed the same fate as Dani. and one more thing. does the motogp gang use the new start line (I now know it is ready after last weekend) or the old start line
Old 6 Jun 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2892427)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard a comment during the Catalunya coverage that rumor has Aoyama filling in for Pedrosa with a test rider taking the Gresini bike.

Edwards is supposedly racing.
Old 7 Jun 2011, 13:15 (Ref:2892817)   #3
skells22
Veteran

no replacement again on the Honda so at the mo 16 bikes will be on the grid
Old 7 Jun 2011, 19:11 (Ref:2893033)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really looking forward to this race, although im expecting Stoner to run and hide once again as he has done over the last couple of races. I dont want to tempt fate here, particularly after the pressure James Toesland had heaped on him this time last year, but I cant help but wonder if we might see Crutchlow finish in the top 6 or even a top 5 maybe this weekend. Yes he is on a satellite bike but he does know the circuit extremely well so it should hopefully be a boost, that and crowd support, hopefully this time he will get the tyre choice right too and with a bit of luck who knows?
Old 7 Jun 2011, 23:24 (Ref:2893152)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spies was on the podium last year on that bike with a 15 bike grid, so I'd say a top 5 is possible.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 06:58 (Ref:2893258)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shame again for Silverstone, without Rossi last year and without Dani this year, it's not much more grid sized than a club race!

They are making a huge effort with other stuff but I have no interest in paying that money to watch a 15 bike procession and a load of one make races!!

Sad to say it but on the telly it's OK, but as a fan, hearing TC control every bike mjust turns me off.

I am luckly, I saw the 500's and the early 990's they were real bikes.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2894432)   #7
skells22
Veteran

at least the bikes are still at 16 as Edwards is declared fit to race.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2895200)   #8
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
This could potentially be a dreadfully boring race.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 17:06 (Ref:2895239)   #9
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
unlikely in Moto2
will miss the races as i'm in LM .. but will check them out first thing i get back home

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Jun 2011, 22:31 (Ref:2895402)   #10
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
unlikely in Moto2
will miss the races as i'm in LM .. but will check them out first thing i get back home

What's occurring over in France Dani?
Old 10 Jun 2011, 23:09 (Ref:2895415)   #11
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
What's occurring over in France Dani?
Audi vs. Peugeot, Part 5

Or in Dani's case, much wine and debauchery.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 05:49 (Ref:2895482)   #12
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Audi vs. Peugeot, Part 5

Or in Dani's case, much wine and debauchery.
Expect endless references in the commentary by one half of the booth who is desperate to be a carcommentator then.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 10:05 (Ref:2895527)   #13
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any chance of rain at Silverstone?
Old 11 Jun 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2895648)   #14
skells22
Veteran

if for Sunday then Yes there is rain in the forecast.

Last edited by skells22; 11 Jun 2011 at 13:40. Reason: 1000th post
Old 11 Jun 2011, 16:11 (Ref:2895780)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol, the British are so good at failing before they even start.

The circuit is Cal's stage, and he does the typical Brit thing, just like Toseland did a few years ago, bless!
Old 13 Jun 2011, 16:34 (Ref:2898192)   #16
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I didn't even have the desire to watch the race. Rain didn't change the outcome either.

Edwards was tough! Gutted for Cruthclow.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2898342)   #17
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really liked the individual shows that Smith, Bradl and Folger put on.

Absolutely spot on races in these horrid conditions.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 00:06 (Ref:2898485)   #18
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Getting old, cant stay awake for the MotoGP race - good to see Suzuki & Bautista have a great result
Impressive ride again by Bradl. Smith did ride very well from his grid position...
Old 14 Jun 2011, 03:18 (Ref:2898540)   #19
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Getting old, cant stay awake for the MotoGP race
Exactly and precisely like Valentino...
Old 14 Jun 2011, 07:19 (Ref:2898589)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Bradl loks the real deal and certainly more impressive than the over hyped and over rated Moarquez in my opinion.

GP is utterly dull and should in all honesty beforgotten about this year, the only problem is its so dull people will stop watching, even Rossi fans and that will mean less money!
Old 14 Jun 2011, 07:59 (Ref:2898604)   #21
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a little (German) statistic of this GP weekend:

- Folger (17) became the youngest German ever to win a GP
- The victories of Folger in 125cc and Bradl in Moto2 German at Silverstone have been the first German "double" since 1992 when Helmut Bradl took 250cc victory and Ralf Waldmann took the 125cc victory at Hockenheim

I too am pretty impressed with Stefan Bradl this season so far. Unfortunately, I slept in right before the MotoGP replay started yesterday night so I can't say much about this race. But I remember I still saw some of the pre race coverage and either Parrish or Cox said a line about Simoncchelli I found pretty matching, not only in Simoncchellis case but in Zarcos as well. It was something along the lines of "rattling the cage of some". I think it describes it best what is going on at the moment
Old 14 Jun 2011, 10:10 (Ref:2898668)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Zarco is rattling cages coz he is beating an Aspar bike in Spain! ANd that shouldnt happen of course!
Old 15 Jun 2011, 18:42 (Ref:2899696)   #23
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Zarco rattled the cage with his elbow in Catalonia, which possibly is not a good idea for a 20 years old in bike racing.

Folger and Zarco are doing a good seson but IMO the man (boy) to follow is Vinales. He is a raw talent and he exudes it.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 07:00 (Ref:2899973)   #24
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Wasnt a good idea to do it in Catalunya which is basically the home of GP racingas we know it!

On the start/finish straight, on the last lap, in front of the pits, to a Spainard, on a Spanish bike, whose team owner is responsible for bikes on every grid, and is maybe only behind Angel Nieto in hero status in Spain!

Hence retrospective ride though!
Old 16 Jun 2011, 15:02 (Ref:2900305)   #25
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Wasnt a good idea to do it in Catalunya which is basically the home of GP racingas we know it!

On the start/finish straight, on the last lap, in front of the pits, to a Spainard, on a Spanish bike, whose team owner is responsible for bikes on every grid, and is maybe only behind Angel Nieto in hero status in Spain!

Hence retrospective ride though!
My point is it is a bad idea everywhere. I'm not thinking in "conspiracies", I'd think the same if it had happened in Japan against a German rider in a French team. 125cc is the entry level to world championship, they are young and stewards has to send the right message.

I don't believe Zarco is a hooliganish rider, just a bad decision in a split second, almost everybody could do it in a hot moment. Just you receive a penalty (the amount of the penalty can be argued) and tomorrow will be another race, no major drama.