Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 18 Jun 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2901455)   #26
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Bradl loks the real deal and certainly more impressive than the over hyped and over rated Moarquez in my opinion.
Marquez over-hyped and overrated? I appreciate your extensive knowledge of the sport chunder but I think his form last season in 125s shows he is the 'real deal'. Ok, he has over-ridden this year (says the bloke who has never ridden a motorbike!) on many an occasion but it's his first year in the class isn't it?
Old 18 Jun 2011, 15:28 (Ref:2901458)   #27
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK cg, lwet me ask you this.

Julian Simon, utterly dominant in 125 for a year, almost unbeatable.

Mike Di meglio, very similar in 125 on the AJO bikes aswell, been absolute garbage on a Moto2.

Thomas Luthi is one of the few who have been OK on a Moto2 bike, but still not won one.

I agree that MArques was very special last year, but no more so than Simon or Di Meglio in their championships years.

I think he has good pace, but this year is a little too desperate to succeed, too much pressure I think
Old 20 Jun 2011, 12:53 (Ref:2902369)   #28
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
OK cg, lwet me ask you this.

Julian Simon, utterly dominant in 125 for a year, almost unbeatable.

Mike Di meglio, very similar in 125 on the AJO bikes aswell, been absolute garbage on a Moto2.

Thomas Luthi is one of the few who have been OK on a Moto2 bike, but still not won one.

I agree that MArques was very special last year, but no more so than Simon or Di Meglio in their championships years.

I think he has good pace, but this year is a little too desperate to succeed, too much pressure I think
Valid points chunder, can't argue with your examples. I'm amazed at just how many competent riders are struggling in Moto2, the likes of Kallio, Pasini, De Angelis etc etc. Everytime I see the results table after a race, I think 'WTF is so and so doing finishing so low down?'
Old 20 Jun 2011, 14:51 (Ref:2902414)   #29
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe they had special bikes in 250 and 125, Aprilia were very good at that, when Laverty and Chaz were in 250 their bikes were years old, Chaz was using an old Harada frame from 97!! Yet Locatelli was on a full factory bike run through Toth! Fastest thru speed trap a ll year, helps that he won a 125 title for Aprilia eh?

Reddings bike seized all the time while Rabat was on a rocket, even nopw Kent is on an older style Aprilia with side inlet and Folger is on the new one with side exhaust and central injtake

All about money and where you are from dude.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 20:16 (Ref:2902556)   #30
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Maybe they had special bikes in 250 and 125, Aprilia were very good at that, when Laverty and Chaz were in 250 their bikes were years old, Chaz was using an old Harada frame from 97!! Yet Locatelli was on a full factory bike run through Toth! Fastest thru speed trap a ll year, helps that he won a 125 title for Aprilia eh?

Reddings bike seized all the time while Rabat was on a rocket, even nopw Kent is on an older style Aprilia with side inlet and Folger is on the new one with side exhaust and central injtake

All about money and where you are from dude.
Aprilia definitely play favours with machinery in the smaller classes but in relation to Kent and Folger its not a decision that should be looked at negatively. Folger is in his third year and Kent is a rookie. Obviously Redding should have had the better machinery over Tito.

I was pretty impressed by Marquez at Silverstone but couldnt get over how some riders such as Pol Espargaro looked to be so uneasy on the Moto2 bike. The new class presents a vastly different challenge for riders but the struggles of good riders, and Grand Prix winners, such as Kallio and de Angelis is shocking.