Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 5 Mar 2024, 22:17 (Ref:4200167)   #2026
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
That colour scheme...All it's missing is Taxi signage
Honestly when I first saw it I thought it was a taxi company livery

And well played Kia owner, stolen from FB not spotted but figured folks would enjoy it
Old 6 Mar 2024, 12:49 (Ref:4200220)   #2027
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was in 90s Small SUV heaven yesterday. As you can see in the last pic, they all live together. We have to assume that Blazer folks have talked a couple of times.....
Old 6 Mar 2024, 18:29 (Ref:4200251)   #2028
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
No bikini version? Do you remember when the Rav4 was named Fun Cruiser, they had a soft top held by a zip. Easy to remove as a bikini! Those were the days.
Old 6 Mar 2024, 20:15 (Ref:4200266)   #2029
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
No bikini version? Do you remember when the Rav4 was named Fun Cruiser, they had a soft top held by a zip. Easy to remove as a bikini! Those were the days.
I do remember that. The first gen Rav4 was pretty cool. You could get an Isuzu Rodeo with a very similar soft top as well. I think it was called the Amigo. Apologies but I can't remember what it was named in Europe but was surely a Vauxhall/Opel.

I have a soft spot for first and second gen S-10 Blazers as well. I had several friends that had them in high school.
Old 6 Mar 2024, 20:22 (Ref:4200268)   #2030
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, pretty cool. Suzuki had the same bikini version for the Jimny as well. Down here, Isuzu is mostly known for the pick-ups, mainly because you could escape an extra tax on them.

As to the Fun Cruiser becoming Rav4 its because a well known car maker asked to promptly change is as the did for Kawasaki to spot using the name Zephyr for the 750. Ford.
Old 7 Mar 2024, 15:41 (Ref:4200371)   #2031
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Big crane on the move
Old 7 Mar 2024, 16:11 (Ref:4200380)   #2032
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Big crane on the move

Looks like the driver forgot to load the jib!
Old 7 Mar 2024, 17:47 (Ref:4200395)   #2033
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Looks like he was escaping seing the number of bullet impacts on the windscreen!
Old 8 Mar 2024, 23:59 (Ref:4200548)   #2034
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My neighbor who is a retired cargo ship captain is also the internal combustion master, was just given a late 80's Thunderbird from somebody on other side of neighborhood. It has been sitting since 2009, and he towed it up to his place. 3/4 tires actually held air when he inflated them but they need replacement before driving. He was able to swap the battery and get it to start same same. Although I should say he has disconnected the gas tank and was manually injecting petrol while I turned the key. It sounded great. Also love the stereo that thought you needed an 8 way adjustable equalizer, while you couldn't even hear the radio well enough over the engine and road noise.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 00:05 (Ref:4200549)   #2035
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That tire ain't holding any wind in it, and break out the boat tank with gas from an old mower in it and you're on an episode of Vice Grip Garage
Old 9 Mar 2024, 15:29 (Ref:4200596)   #2036
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
My neighbor who is a retired cargo ship captain is also the internal combustion master, was just given a late 80's Thunderbird from somebody on other side of neighborhood. It has been sitting since 2009, and he towed it up to his place. 3/4 tires actually held air when he inflated them but they need replacement before driving. He was able to swap the battery and get it to start same same. Although I should say he has disconnected the gas tank and was manually injecting petrol while I turned the key. It sounded great. Also love the stereo that thought you needed an 8 way adjustable equalizer, while you couldn't even hear the radio well enough over the engine and road noise.
Needs Coors / Melling Livery but otherwise fantastic.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 15:35 (Ref:4200597)   #2037
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
In Ford related news, local Garden shop owner's El Ranchero.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 17:50 (Ref:4200615)   #2038
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Sweet, I've been seeing even increasing increasing numbers of Chevy and 2 GMC Caballeros but rarely Ranchero. My old boss in high school had one, and used her well. Exterior paint immaculate, bed beat as hell.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 20:45 (Ref:4200647)   #2039
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
and you're on an episode of Vice Grip Garage
Old 9 Mar 2024, 22:16 (Ref:4200650)   #2040
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Go dawgs sic em woof woof
Old 10 Mar 2024, 14:19 (Ref:4200711)   #2041
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
So fugly
Old 11 Mar 2024, 03:14 (Ref:4200771)   #2042
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I think many people miss that play on words! He's so funny. VGG is definitely my favorite car programming (maybe my favorite show of any topic) and I highly recommend car guys anywhere check it out on YT. At a minimum, it will give you a sense of what a Minnesotan/Dakotan sounds like and their unique sense of humor.
Old 11 Mar 2024, 18:03 (Ref:4200870)   #2043
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
If that is what he is proud to display it makes me wonder what is under the cover!
Old 12 Mar 2024, 01:14 (Ref:4200940)   #2044
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
This hero has converted an ambulance into an RV, well I didn't see the inside, but I know he sleeps in there
Old 12 Mar 2024, 07:55 (Ref:4200951)   #2045
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Is the parking lot located half way between hospital and cemetery? A good precaution when the result of the laboratory analysis is said unfavourableā€¦
Old 15 Mar 2024, 19:53 (Ref:4201367)   #2046
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Been seeing a lot of these recently. Just now able to capture one.
Old 15 Mar 2024, 21:36 (Ref:4201376)   #2047
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Been seeing a lot of these recently. Just now able to capture one.
When I was in college I was driving one of those at 70 mph down the interstate and the front drivers side tire exploded. It was exciting

Was able to make it to side of road and change tire but there was significant damage to the wheel that had all rubber expelled.... And getting to be on the traffic side of the shoulder changing a tire is an experience everyone should have in their life.
Old 16 Mar 2024, 01:06 (Ref:4201389)   #2048
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Aww, I miss them. The high school parking lot was filled with S-10s and don't forget the S-15s! In fairness, there are some very good reasons you don't see them anymore.
Old 16 Mar 2024, 02:22 (Ref:4201391)   #2049
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
When I was in college I was driving one of those at 70 mph down the interstate and the front drivers side tire exploded. It was exciting

Was able to make it to side of road and change tire but there was significant damage to the wheel that had all rubber expelled.... And getting to be on the traffic side of the shoulder changing a tire is an experience everyone should have in their life.
Oh snap!!

Quote:
Aww, I miss them. The high school parking lot was filled with S-10s and don't forget the S-15s! In fairness, there are some very good reasons you don't see them anymore.
A buddy had an S-15 w/ the 4.3. His dad had to purchase numerous sets of shoes until he had enough.
Old 16 Mar 2024, 02:51 (Ref:4201394)   #2050
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Oh snap!!

A buddy had an S-15 w/ the 4.3. His dad had to purchase numerous sets of shoes until he had enough.
I had a buddy that had a S-15 Jimmy 4x4, white letter BFG ATs, a JL 12" subwoofer, white over navy blue velour. It was so good. It also had the 4.3, which was awesome as it's literally a small block with two cylinders knocked off it. I think about that truck several times a year.