Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 22 Mar 2024, 00:01 (Ref:4202174)   #2076
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it has a VIN number and you can get insurance for it, and you can, it is legal in the great State of Georgia. It's pretty easy to register a vehicle in a different state as well. Alabama doesn't even require insurance.

FreedomeaglesfireworksA-10brrrrrrrt.gif

Edit - some Northern states like NY have vehicle inspections similar to a MOT because their cars rust to pieces. California seems to be a nightmare. But why would you want to live there anyway? Montana and South Carolina have no ad valorem tax on vehicles so you will see a lot of supercars registered in those states.

Last edited by JHamilton; 22 Mar 2024 at 00:14.
Old 22 Mar 2024, 00:18 (Ref:4202176)   #2077
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Couple finds from the road yesterday, not sure which is cooler
I'm going with the 1974 Corvette because that is a really cool cruiser and one year only body without the overriders. The small block still had a little juice left in it too.
Old 22 Mar 2024, 00:23 (Ref:4202177)   #2078
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Talking of the 'special' for want of a better word.... Its certainly got 'patina'

Im not sure how it would get compliance certification here in Aus. Open exhausts and noise being an obvious no-no before you even get into the structure and safety aspects like height of the head lights, sharp edges prodruding and stuff that might damage pedestrians. Then there is the open bodywork. Heath and Safety would have a field day.
One thing for sure is the fact that even if it was proved to be legal, it would be a massive 'cop magnet', and I would think you would forever be getting stopped and having to prove you had the right paperwork and permits and every copper trying to find something illegal. Its bad enough if you have a light globe out here, or a broken light lens.

Last edited by E.B; 22 Mar 2024 at 00:42.
Old 22 Mar 2024, 02:12 (Ref:4202186)   #2079
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pedestrian safety is taken care of with the open headers so done and done there

Not gonna be an issue but I would be more concerned about the wheel well/fenders or lack there of. Between gravel/road grit and rain the fat tire outside the arches sucks. And yes, yes it's technically illegal here too, tire must be inside the arch and you would have to have flares for wide. But they generally limit that to commercial, and they will get you if you're missing a tiny corner of your mud flap, ask me how I know. Columbus GDOT station can suck it, flap and possibly deficient high beam but he couldn't tell
Old 22 Mar 2024, 02:16 (Ref:4202187)   #2080
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
$109,000 Grand Wagoneer anyone?
Last time I was there they had an insane Raptor and a Jeep in the center row at 125k
Old 22 Mar 2024, 07:06 (Ref:4202201)   #2081
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'm going with the 1974 Corvette because that is a really cool cruiser and one year only body without the overriders. The small block still had a little juice left in it too.
I thoroughly enjoyed racing a 'Vette in '67 guise during two seasons in EU and must admit the 427 helped us winning the GT class. With c 600 bhp, it pushes from low end to the red limit breathlessly with no hesitation. Watta an engine! And the chassis is great too, remaining all time predictable, you just have to stay humble when it comes to braking… Otherwise, a real Cobra eater each breakfast!
Old 22 Mar 2024, 13:16 (Ref:4202256)   #2082
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Talking of the 'special' for want of a better word.... Its certainly got 'patina'

Im not sure how it would get compliance certification here in Aus. Open exhausts and noise being an obvious no-no before you even get into the structure and safety aspects like height of the head lights, sharp edges prodruding and stuff that might damage pedestrians. Then there is the open bodywork. Heath and Safety would have a field day.
One thing for sure is the fact that even if it was proved to be legal, it would be a massive 'cop magnet', and I would think you would forever be getting stopped and having to prove you had the right paperwork and permits and every copper trying to find something illegal. Its bad enough if you have a light globe out here, or a broken light lens.
Fortunately we have lots of crime here and I go for days without ever seeing a cop. A trooper might care but generally if you're doing within 10mph over, they aren't looking for you. This car doesn't appear to be a highway cruiser though.

Quote:
Pedestrian safety is taken care of with the open headers so done and done there

Not gonna be an issue but I would be more concerned about the wheel well/fenders or lack there of. Between gravel/road grit and rain the fat tire outside the arches sucks. And yes, yes it's technically illegal here too, tire must be inside the arch and you would have to have flares for wide. But they generally limit that to commercial, and they will get you if you're missing a tiny corner of your mud flap, ask me how I know. Columbus GDOT station can suck it, flap and possibly deficient high beam but he couldn't tell
I doubt a T bucket is restricted to those standards as it's too old and commercial vehicles are completely different.
Old 22 Mar 2024, 13:27 (Ref:4202260)   #2083
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
$109,000 Grand Wagoneer anyone?
Quote:
Last time I was there they had an insane Raptor and a Jeep in the center row at 125k
My coworker just got a new GMC Yukon Denali, not sure on exact specs but starts at $88k for short wheelbase 2wd and goes up from there. I don't understand.
Old 22 Mar 2024, 14:52 (Ref:4202280)   #2084
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, I built a fairly base Suburban when I was looking at trucks at 95k and zero rebates/discount. For that I could have bought a nice 3500 pickup and had real payload
Old 22 Mar 2024, 23:28 (Ref:4202325)   #2085
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed racing a 'Vette in '67 guise during two seasons in EU and must admit the 427 helped us winning the GT class. With c 600 bhp, it pushes from low end to the red limit breathlessly with no hesitation. Watta an engine! And the chassis is great too, remaining all time predictable, you just have to stay humble when it comes to braking… Otherwise, a real Cobra eater each breakfast!
I missed this? Who the hell let you drive their "mid-year"? Nothing beats a big block Chevrolet. There are faster and more reliable engines out there, there's nothing better.

I've never seen a real Cobra and especially never raced against one. When I was 12 we had to go to school dressed as who we thought the most important person in history was. Of course, I went as Carrol Shelby.
Old 22 Mar 2024, 23:38 (Ref:4202327)   #2086
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

I might have posted this one before. I assume not as I’m normally driving as I pass and am keen to get home so didn’t want to stop. Anyway I wasn’t driving so here you go.

Patina. Truck patina.
Old 22 Mar 2024, 23:47 (Ref:4202329)   #2087
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

I might have posted this one before. I assume not as I’m normally driving as I pass and am keen to get home so didn’t want to stop. Anyway I wasn’t driving so here you go.

Patina. Truck patina.
Decent chance that has a manual transmission too
Old 23 Mar 2024, 00:25 (Ref:4202337)   #2088
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:

Patina. Truck patina.
What are you doing posting pics, go make an offer! Put a little shine on it and imagine it with your weekend car in tow behind it. Arguably the perfect rig.
Old 23 Mar 2024, 00:39 (Ref:4202340)   #2089
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is a sensible suggestion.

But it’s been there for years. No rush.

But I want this if I’m Randomly going to buy a local truck https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1725
Old 23 Mar 2024, 02:48 (Ref:4202347)   #2090
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

But I want this if I’m Randomly going to buy a local truck https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1725
Two-tone glory!
Old 23 Mar 2024, 04:08 (Ref:4202356)   #2091
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:

Pulling at my heartstrings with the "aeronose" Ford. Awesome trucks. They are characterful machines with their twin i-beam front suspension which is not kinda, but exactly like tractor suspension. And my last text to field today was "nothing sounds better than a small block Ford".
Old 23 Mar 2024, 07:00 (Ref:4202370)   #2092
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Nothing beats a big block Chevrolet. There are faster and more reliable engines out there, there's nothing better.
Not enough words to tell you how much confident your are when battling in a racing batch with a full GI's company in full iron jackets under the hood giving help at any moment without hesitation. Go Chevy, go!
Old 23 Mar 2024, 17:12 (Ref:4202428)   #2093
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Pretty sure it isn't real...
Old 23 Mar 2024, 21:37 (Ref:4202455)   #2094
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Cobra delivery? Our Deliveroo service have old scooters only.
Old 24 Mar 2024, 00:42 (Ref:4202471)   #2095
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Pretty sure it isn't real...
It’s actually a myth that there were any real ones.
Old 24 Mar 2024, 21:02 (Ref:4202619)   #2096
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The Bimmer might need a bit of a polish and vacuum
Old 24 Mar 2024, 22:39 (Ref:4202628)   #2097
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
A mere flesh wound.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 18:30 (Ref:4202904)   #2098
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans

These are quite often under a cover. Actually I’ve only ever seen one under cover at once. It changes which one oddly, despite always being parked in that order.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 23:49 (Ref:4202935)   #2099
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Nice, in its natural habitat too
Old 27 Mar 2024, 11:06 (Ref:4202966)   #2100
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That's one way to improve its looks