Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Aug 2008, 16:56 (Ref:2271058)   #26
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Without going back and checking all the race results I'd go as far as saying that we have never had 30 Supertourers in any UK race.
About 10 minutes after I posted this I realised that it might not actually be true. If we take the wider definition of Supertouring meaning anything build to 2.0 litre BTCC regs rather than strictly post-95 wings & spliters regs then the biggest UK gird of these cars would have been the FIA World Cup race at Donington in 1994. That was closer to 40 cars.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 09:43 (Ref:2271432)   #27
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
About 10 minutes after I posted this I realised that it might not actually be true. If we take the wider definition of Supertouring meaning anything build to 2.0 litre BTCC regs rather than strictly post-95 wings & spliters regs then the biggest UK gird of these cars would have been the FIA World Cup race at Donington in 1994. That was closer to 40 cars.
Funnily enough that was my first thought when I saw your post- now that really was an impressive grid...
Old 19 Aug 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2271843)   #28
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
Funnily enough that was my first thought when I saw your post- now that really was an impressive grid...
...which really should have been spaced out a bit more!
Old 21 Aug 2008, 09:42 (Ref:2272614)   #29
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
...which really should have been spaced out a bit more!
Yes, as I remember, that first lap was fairly eventful..
Old 21 Aug 2008, 12:07 (Ref:2272688)   #30
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm honestly not too bothered about getting 30 period drivers, I'd rather see 30 period cars and a handful of drivers from the time if it's possible. After all, it's a celebration of the car and not the driver in my opinion.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 12:10 (Ref:2272689)   #31
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'd go along with that, it's the cars I'm interested in seeing - although I do have to admit I like to see them in their correct colour schemes (some of the cars do have current schemes that are in keeping with the originals in terms of colour and layout but with different sponsors and that works quite well too).
Old 21 Aug 2008, 14:18 (Ref:2272744)   #32
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves
I'm honestly not too bothered about getting 30 period drivers, I'd rather see 30 period cars and a handful of drivers from the time if it's possible. After all, it's a celebration of the car and not the driver in my opinion.
I agree
Old 27 Aug 2008, 12:13 (Ref:2276234)   #33
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hearing plans are moving on for this... hoping Mr Reid will be busy that weekend so I can have the Nissan Supertourer.... esp. after he broke it at Goodwood before I got my 3rd run!
Old 27 Aug 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2276496)   #34
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
36 possibles already...

http://www.supertouringregister.com/Silverstone09.php
Old 19 Sep 2008, 01:19 (Ref:2293508)   #35
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
Yes, as I remember, that first lap was fairly eventful..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8eFuQXn_Ko Part 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8eFuQXn_Ko Part 2.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 19:15 (Ref:2296351)   #36
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that was good racing...
any supertouring seems to do better than the dullified racing we see more and more...
although WTCC is still far superior to SPeedWorldChallnge TC, but superproduction is not up with s2000...
ack rule packages
what did Supertouring do so well..
Old 24 Sep 2008, 10:44 (Ref:2296785)   #37
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The current S2000 BTCC aint all that bad.. but thats for another thread
Old 25 Sep 2008, 02:16 (Ref:2297400)   #38
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both the same clip but good fun to watch!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 09:42 (Ref:2300968)   #39
hawkenr
Racer

United Kingdom
Walton-on-Thames
hawkenr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nissan Super Tourer

Hi guys, we as a team are hugely excited at the prospect of running our car at the Silv Classic next year. Us ST owners are gagging for a grid of our own cars as we race competitively together. Mr Hammersley, Mr Hale, Mr Challis, Mr Blanckley and I have all had some superbly close races at varying circuits, but have not traded paint once. Mr Hale and I were lapping Snett within 1/100th of a second of each other earlier this year, then had a close race at Brands and not to mention the huge battle we had at a wet Pembrey last year. This is what we crave, not chasing a Noble which is very quick in a straight line. (but not unbeatable as we proved at Anglesey earlier this month setting fastest lap).

So for us (subject to regulations) we welcome with open arms and even hope we can launch a limited event series off the back of it.

As well as chassis 33 (ex-David Leslie car confirmed by Mallocks) which I race now, I also own chassis 34 which is a 90% bare shell in white with Vodafone livery, can be seen on the ST register.....if anyone has the bits to screw it back together and race it that would be great as is also an ex-David Leslie car.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 10:15 (Ref:2300991)   #40
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very nice clip, I miss that era

Pinball kinda start!
Old 7 Oct 2008, 05:07 (Ref:2305806)   #41
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Gah, here's the correct second part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk_-8...eature=related