Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Nov 2011, 19:15 (Ref:2988402)   #276
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Besides being close to Japan, were there other reasons for testing in Australia?
Old 18 Nov 2011, 19:46 (Ref:2988422)   #277
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Besides being close to Japan, were there other reasons for testing in Australia?
They were running a nine day long marathon test, and where you can get more stable weather in February than over there? Plus the 300 kmph first corner is really demanding.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2988429)   #278
kober
Racer

I found an interesting story on this test, by Andy Wallace:

Quote:
I had been testing the Toyota TS010 in Eastern Creek, Australia a few weeks before (Sebring '92). We had been doing a marathon test, which lasted for nine days straight! Eastern Creek is a great racetrack, but there is a monster bump in the middle of turn one, which is taken flat-out in sixth gear at about 190 mph. Fantastic corner, but each time you go over the bump you get bashed about quite badly in the cockpit. Well after nine days of endurance testing I went over the bump one more time and, CRACK, two ribs decided they'd had enough of that! Within an hour Hitoshi Ogawa had also broken his ribs for the same reason. As you can imagine, the flight back from Sydney to London was interesting... If I got up for a walk around the plane, I remember having to tell anyone who was thinking of passing me going the other way in the aisle, DON'T TOUCH ME, as you pass me. Sneezing was another very painful experience.

Anyway, back to the point of the story; my ribs broke on February 29, 1992, and the race day at Sebring was on March 21, 1992. I didn't dare tell Dan Gurney what had happened, as I knew he would find another driver. I remember the worst part for me was the driver changes and also, strangely enough, under yellow. Behind the pace car the stiffly sprung Toyota was running too slow to compress the springs and the car bounced all over the place - not pleasant. Anyway, we won!
Old 18 Nov 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2988439)   #279
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My pleasure guys

Ayse I agree, such a good noise. Very few LM or indeed any race car is at this level.
One race I wish I could of seen live would of been the 1993 race.

With the recent news that an XJR-14 and 905 will be racing in group C next year, I wonder if toyota could be persuaded to enter a TS010 for the support race next year for old times sake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Fixed that for you.
Thanks for posting.
Don't worry there was just a hint of sarcasm in there
Old 18 Nov 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2988529)   #280
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Speedblood, seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1YtV9ATnFY

Similar amateur footage from 1991: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5ttF58ZbvA

(Pretty sure at least the latter one has been posted previously in this thread...)
Old 18 Nov 2011, 23:37 (Ref:2988544)   #281
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Think I saw the 1991 before but somehow missed the 1993 one

Thanks for that, made my evening!
Old 19 Nov 2011, 03:28 (Ref:2988626)   #282
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Nobody complaining about the noise perhaps? Heeeey... someone living near Gaydon please tip off Prodrive!
Old 19 Nov 2011, 04:54 (Ref:2988634)   #283
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
I found an interesting story on this test, by Andy Wallace:

WOW. I did not know that, and can't imagine Sebring with broken ribs.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 22:44 (Ref:2988924)   #284
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here is footage of the 1967 Ford Victory at Le Mans. I believe this was Wide World of Sports Coverage with Jim Simpson and Chris Economacki. Also, commentary by Phil Hill. Picture is grainy but it is true vintage stuff. I am providing the You Tube link to Part 1, but there are an additional 4 parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PiN3...A72B31758E1A19

DK
Old 21 Nov 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2989504)   #285
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yesterday macau gt cup massive crash link video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W65i9MGdEk
Old 22 Nov 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2989937)   #286
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Speedblood, seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1YtV9ATnFY

Similar amateur footage from 1991: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5ttF58ZbvA

(Pretty sure at least the latter one has been posted previously in this thread...)
Awesome Clips , thanks brought back some good memories.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 15:56 (Ref:2992499)   #287
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=M2KMqvxQnDA

This is a video comparison of 0-300kmph acceleration between some fast road cars (Porsche Panamera, Bugatti Veyron and some others), a Pescarolo LMP1 and a Lotus-Renault F1 car.
The F1 car was 3.8 seconds faster than the Pescarolo which makes me wonder how something like a 2008-spec 908 would compare against the F1 in a straight line.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 17:40 (Ref:2992534)   #288
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Delecour tests a GT3 RS.

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetev...he_gt3_rs.html
Old 28 Nov 2011, 18:07 (Ref:2992552)   #289
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=M2KMqvxQnDA

This is a video comparison of 0-300kmph acceleration between some fast road cars (Porsche Panamera, Bugatti Veyron and some others), a Pescarolo LMP1 and a Lotus-Renault F1 car.
The F1 car was 3.8 seconds faster than the Pescarolo which makes me wonder how something like a 2008-spec 908 would compare against the F1 in a straight line.
well this is not the most accurated test because a pescarolo 01 with low aero LM setting surely will reach faster the 300km/h, the same we can say for a f1 with low aero setting... however we all know that a f1 car reaches the max speed faster than almost all other kind of racing cars.
Old 29 Nov 2011, 12:58 (Ref:2992937)   #290
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
How to build NISSAN R381
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vbT_H0hqBc
Old 29 Nov 2011, 18:02 (Ref:2993062)   #291
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nissan Group C 3.5 V12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIYx0...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPg_h...eature=related
Old 29 Nov 2011, 18:09 (Ref:2993068)   #292
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That car sounds amazing!
Old 29 Nov 2011, 19:18 (Ref:2993100)   #293
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
one of the prettiest cars of all time....
Old 2 Dec 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2994491)   #294
kober
Racer

Subaru BRZ GT300. Already posted in another thread, but it's definitely worth copying into this one.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 23:49 (Ref:3005359)   #295
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow, it's been almost a month since the last one, c'mon you guys. This is the time of year we need some more classic sportscar video to watch.
This will do for starters http://www.917-021.com/page/en/1/the-film.html
Old 31 Dec 2011, 12:04 (Ref:3005835)   #296
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Wow, it's been almost a month since the last one, c'mon you guys. This is the time of year we need some more classic sportscar video to watch.
This will do for starters http://www.917-021.com/page/en/1/the-film.html

Just beautiful.........
Old 4 Jan 2012, 13:16 (Ref:3007116)   #297
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dyson Racing has a nice video about what it's like to drive a closed cockpit car, and how you get into a zone while driving.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 11:06 (Ref:3014030)   #298
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Funniest demo-run @2012 Tokyo Autosalon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaF55s5EQeI
Old 19 Jan 2012, 15:55 (Ref:3014144)   #299
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Meh, Willy T. Ribbs could do a backwards spin into the pits in a Toyota prototype better.
Old 20 Jan 2012, 17:12 (Ref:3014629)   #300
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some R92CP action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBqANdeAW4Q