Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 May 2021, 06:15 (Ref:4050755)   #801
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
Yes.
We'll have a Customer 004S and Factory 007 at FOS.
Very good pre homologation wind tunnel session at Sauber. We learned a lot. We're in very good shape. We'll make some very small tweaks and will then be ready for final homolagation in two weeks.
This has nothing to do with resources. As always we do exactly what we want to do when we want to do it. Rushing to race a car before it''s all it can be doesn't interest us. Next week a customer Boot will race The NORRA 1000. This weekend I'll continue Boot road testing. Back to Vallelunga, on to The Ring for VLN 3 and 6HR Qualifying Race. 30 hour 007 Test at Aragon in May. Final 007 Homologation . Two 007's to Portimo.
The #708 will not race in Portugal as it will be undergoing a full rebuild after undertaking the full track test programme thus far.

I wonder what will happen to the #709 till Portimao......
Old 10 May 2021, 07:00 (Ref:4050766)   #802
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
The #708 will not race in Portugal as it will be undergoing a full rebuild after undertaking the full track test programme thus far.

I wonder what will happen to the #709 till Portimao......
Final FIA homologation scan this week. Then shakedown at 30 hour Aragon.
708 will do a demo lap at The N 24. It will also be at the FOS and the join 709! at Monza.
Old 10 May 2021, 07:13 (Ref:4050771)   #803
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like Glickenhaus is not serious enough for the WEC. It is a big shame.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 10 May 2021 at 10:26.
Old 10 May 2021, 10:26 (Ref:4050822)   #804
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
Where did you dream that up from? I think you've been reading too much of the dross on social media...
Old 10 May 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4050922)   #805
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Where did you dream that up from? I think you've been reading too much of the dross on social media...
^ tru dat
Old 10 May 2021, 21:27 (Ref:4050940)   #806
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Jim, sounds like a tough race on Sunday; I couldn't figure out why the car couldn't go faster than an 8:31 lap, when the other manufacturers were easily doing 8:20's. But then I saw your Instagram post and it seems like a BoP issue; with the restrictor I assume? The top end speed down the straight didn't seem too bad; some helicopter shots seemed to show the car at equal speeds to the Porsches and Mercs, so I assume it was in the slower bits your car would get passed? Seems like you guys have made huge improvements to the car, so now it's just a case of whether the NLS organizers will give your car a fair shot or not. Hopefully you can get some meeting scheduled with them soon
Old 11 May 2021, 08:41 (Ref:4050993)   #807
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
Jim, sounds like a tough race on Sunday; I couldn't figure out why the car couldn't go faster than an 8:31 lap, when the other manufacturers were easily doing 8:20's. But then I saw your Instagram post and it seems like a BoP issue; with the restrictor I assume? The top end speed down the straight didn't seem too bad; some helicopter shots seemed to show the car at equal speeds to the Porsches and Mercs, so I assume it was in the slower bits your car would get passed? Seems like you guys have made huge improvements to the car, so now it's just a case of whether the NLS organizers will give your car a fair shot or not. Hopefully you can get some meeting scheduled with them soon
Exactly. Our BOP was much HP less than the MB's so in slow and mid speed corners they pulled away on exit. If we get fair BOP we can win. If we don't there are a lot of other series that really want us. Several teams want to buy 004C's. One way or another this will sort and we'll be fine.
Old 11 May 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4051076)   #808
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't you think this is a too harsh statement?
Guess Jim and technical partners are doing the best they can considering they are alone versus a zaibatsu.
Old 11 May 2021, 16:09 (Ref:4051089)   #809
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Don't you think this is a too harsh statement?
Guess Jim and technical partners are doing the best they can considering they are alone versus a zaibatsu.
It's sadly all too familiar to those of us who sometimes read what is written about the Glickenhaus effort on things like FB. People who think you can mount a serious privateer effort on the WEC and Le Mans without careful and prudent preparation or that such an effort should be damned because the man behind it dares to say what he thinks about things.... I for one hope for great things from the project and like most of us on here want to see the cars go well in the rest of the WEC and particuarly at Le Mans.
Old 11 May 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4051097)   #810
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Personally I think James has done well to get this far. I’m not expecting fireworks, but I am expecting to do a reasonable job when they make their debut at Algarve and it will give them more practice for Le Mans and some good references for the future
Old 11 May 2021, 16:26 (Ref:4051098)   #811
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's sadly all too familiar to those of us who sometimes read what is written about the Glickenhaus effort on things like FB. People who think you can mount a serious privateer effort on the WEC and Le Mans without careful and prudent preparation or that such an effort should be damned because the man behind it dares to say what he thinks about things.... I for one hope for great things from the project and like most of us on here want to see the cars go well in the rest of the WEC and particuarly at Le Mans.
In full agreement Andrew, and hopefully we will be there to cheer them on and give whatever encouragement we are allow express within the rules
Old 11 May 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4051103)   #812
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
In full agreement Andrew, and hopefully we will be there to cheer them on and give whatever encouragement we are allow express within the rules
A very calm golf clap from 200 yards away in your bubble?

But seriously, any time trackside from any distance is better than home and electrons to watch and communicate. We've already had 2 events, well 4 if you include Drift and bikes, to be able to be trackside and smell that racing fuel again at Road Atlanta and it is great.
Old 11 May 2021, 17:15 (Ref:4051105)   #813
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It certainly would be great to be there to cheer them on. I do worry about what that bubble might look like in reality though......
Old 12 May 2021, 01:00 (Ref:4051168)   #814
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another one echoing the message that people writing them off at this stage are missing the point, and the understandable behaviours driven by homologation. You can rush in to it, and get out there racing straight away, but potentially lock yourself in to several years of uncompetitive slog, or you can take your time, and keep your eyes on the larger prizes - not WEC rounds, or Le Mans this year perhaps, but '22, '23, etc... Only time will tell if they'll truly be able to compete with the big guns and their strength in depth (and budget) but they definitely won't if they rush it. We're at the start of a new regulation set, taking a bit of time now might be strongly rewarded later.
Old 12 May 2021, 08:09 (Ref:4051190)   #815
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCherry View Post
Another one echoing the message that people writing them off at this stage are missing the point, and the understandable behaviours driven by homologation. You can rush in to it, and get out there racing straight away, but potentially lock yourself in to several years of uncompetitive slog, or you can take your time, and keep your eyes on the larger prizes - not WEC rounds, or Le Mans this year perhaps, but '22, '23, etc... Only time will tell if they'll truly be able to compete with the big guns and their strength in depth (and budget) but they definitely won't if they rush it. We're at the start of a new regulation set, taking a bit of time now might be strongly rewarded later.
Exactly right. We live in a throwaway age, where everything comes pre-packed and ready to go. Buy a chassis, bolt on an engine, job done. Hell, what're you waiting for?!
Old 12 May 2021, 09:33 (Ref:4051215)   #816
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCherry View Post
Well said. Couldn't have put it better myself
Old 12 May 2021, 09:37 (Ref:4051218)   #817
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Buy a chassis, bolt on an engine, job done. Hell, what're you waiting for?!
that's basically dpi in a nutshell
Old 12 May 2021, 13:29 (Ref:4051257)   #818
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I don't know why people come up with such tosh based on little fact and general hearsay- especially when the team owner is giving us the privilege of direct insight on this forum - it is insulting to him and totally unnecessary

It is clear to me that the project is deadly serious in achieving its stated goals which are centered around the Le Mans 24Hr and putting itself in the best possible position for that race.

Everything I have seen so far strikes me as very wise positioning to ensure that the team can arrive at Le Mans with a competitive and reliable package.

I shall look forward to seeing them in France in August if I am lucky enough to get tickets.
Old 12 May 2021, 18:07 (Ref:4051287)   #819
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we all have a favorite here.

It will be very difficult to compete with these “mainstream” manufacturer based teams. They just have more resource. So taking your time is the way to do it for an operation like this. Perhaps a little context is needed here. Further context should be given to the state of the world at the moment. There has been some disruption over the last year or so!

And besides, even Peugeot aren’t planning to show up yet and they’ve been up for this for some time now!
Old 12 May 2021, 18:35 (Ref:4051294)   #820
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Perhaps a small sticker on the car when it races should say, "supported by ten-tenths forum, well the majority of them anyway". Unfortunately you can never please everyone but i will be supporting them.
Old 12 May 2021, 22:42 (Ref:4051352)   #821
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It will say tenths on it in at least one spot, my order used my sn and tenths so it's there at least once.
Old 13 May 2021, 11:03 (Ref:4051440)   #822
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It will say tenths on it in at least one spot, my order used my sn and tenths so it's there at least once.
Nice one!
Old 13 May 2021, 11:07 (Ref:4051441)   #823
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Nice one!
Meanwhile at The NORRA 1000 a customer drives his Boot which I think would be perfect for your B roads...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7805.jpg  
Old 13 May 2021, 11:29 (Ref:4051449)   #824
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
Meanwhile at The NORRA 1000 a customer drives his Boot which I think would be perfect for your B roads...
Our customers and us flight test all of our vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails
185393789_3979169142118823_7977091377635785955_n.jpeg  
Old 13 May 2021, 13:29 (Ref:4051466)   #825
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I join in supporting Jim and his cars, I love 004 and 007 !!!