Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Aug 2020, 08:58 (Ref:3996614)   #26
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Wonder if we can get our Bob to come along. Very much looking forward to this event. I will do a BBQ when we Finnish back at Delta HQ
.Keep training Max. Please dont get put off if anyone wants to come who is not regular biker. We can sort out a couple of groups. Morgan can do the fast group and I will lead the slow.
Everyone welcome.
If I wasn't in Devon on holiday I would have just come along as a social member just to meet everyone (I haven't got a bike anymore!)
Old 20 Aug 2020, 18:16 (Ref:3996730)   #27
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Likewise I'm afraid, I'll be rooting for Zef down at Lydden as I prebooked a ticket ages ago. Sad as I was looking forward to sprinting away from the opposition on the Moulton!(It does have history I'll have you know!-yeah ok sprinting to Tescos!)
If we are making donations I'd like to contribute or alternatively maybe to Iain's show fund raising efforts since I'll be at Brands all this weekend. Have fun everyone
Old 20 Aug 2020, 18:46 (Ref:3996733)   #28
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully Daniel will be in the fast group & I’ll be bringing up the rear in the slow group.

I’ll start my training tomorrow
Old 20 Aug 2020, 19:00 (Ref:3996736)   #29
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave up cycling about 50 years ago, but it would have been nice to come & cheer you on, put a few more names to faces. However, as it stands one of you would have to put me up for a fortnight!!

Don't know about Spa 5H, but hope to be at the October event.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 20:12 (Ref:3996745)   #30
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Can I use a trike ? I haven't ridden a pushbike in anger for years, however I might possibly be in Spain as the latest flight hasn't been cancelled (yet), however with the rise in corona cases down there at this moment the chances are I might just give it a miss this year

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 20 Aug 2020 at 20:23.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Aug 2020, 20:21 (Ref:3996747)   #31
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I thought that was the 13th of September ?
Yep, isn't that the date of the bike ride? Must be my age!
Old 28 Aug 2020, 16:07 (Ref:3998529)   #32
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Yep, isn't that the date of the bike ride? Must be my age!
Yes it is, it would be a long ride from Lydden Mrs S and I have decided not to fly off to Spain as there are 900 new cases reported in our area today
OK we will lose the money we have paid for the flight but health comes first for us OAPs and our travel insurance would be invalid for several things
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Aug 2020, 16:54 (Ref:3998533)   #33
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not come to Iain's on the 13th Gordon? You would love our second refreshment stop.

http://www.kingwilliamhailey.co.uk/gallery.html
Old 31 Aug 2020, 09:12 (Ref:3999170)   #34
Mary Bell
Rookie

Mary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi I've done my 100 early as I really want to join you lot. 30 or 50 k with cake is really up my street! Is there room for me too??

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mary-bell3
Old 1 Sep 2020, 17:41 (Ref:3999495)   #35
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Of course Mary - it will be great to have you with us. Well done for the 100! I hope you're not too sore! Once you get over 60 miles you really find out if that saddle is comfortable or not!

Chapeau!

I'll put a post up tomorrow with more details of the arrangements.
Old 2 Sep 2020, 16:49 (Ref:3999668)   #36
Alan Morgan
Veteran

OK - here is the cunning plan...

We meet at Iain's workshop at 10:00 on Sunday 13th September

Timbers Farm,
Timbers Lane,
Nuffield,
RG9 5SY

We'll probably faff around for half an hour or so and leave about 10:30

We'll then follow this route...

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33740491

...stopping for coffee at the Ewelme Village Store

https://www.ewelmevillagestore.co.uk/

...and then, towards the end of the ride at the King William IV in Hailey

http://www.kingwilliamhailey.co.uk/index.html

When we get back to Iain's workshop he's offered to do a barbecue where we can discuss our adventure.

As we've said before, this isn't a speed event, it's just about having a bit of fun whilst remembering Mike - everyone will be welcome.

If you fancy it, can you please reply to this post letting us know if you're coming and whether you'll be staying on for the barbecue?
Old 2 Sep 2020, 16:56 (Ref:3999670)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is there anything for Pat to do while we are out "enjoying" the ride? I may invite her to drive home.
Old 2 Sep 2020, 17:20 (Ref:3999675)   #38
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Can she change gear ratios in a Hewland Mk9?

She might enjoy a morning exploring Henley or she could join us at one or both of our stops.

...mind you, if we're going to be partying hard, I might take the opportunity to sleep in the FF2000 camper van on Sunday night and give it a thorough clean on the Monday.

Last edited by Alan Morgan; 2 Sep 2020 at 17:25.
Old 2 Sep 2020, 18:00 (Ref:3999683)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK I'll be there. I've downloaded the route.
Old 2 Sep 2020, 18:47 (Ref:3999693)   #40
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm very sorry I don't think I'll be able to make it. I was hoping to take a full weekend off, but we're going to have to use the lorry not the Sprinter and I'm the only one old enough to drive it. So Wiscombe Hill climb Saturday, back to work Sunday.

Have a great time everyone. I'll raise a cup of tea to Mike while you're at the pub.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 3 Sep 2020, 15:30 (Ref:3999843)   #41
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Daniel & I should be there, we took his old road bike in for a service yesterday for me to use rather than my old mountain bike. We'll also hang around for the BBQ to give me some time to recover!

Tried downloading the route, but it said my mobile number is not a valid number???
Old 3 Sep 2020, 16:23 (Ref:3999856)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
You have to download the app first.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 17:39 (Ref:3999877)   #43
100MTB
Rookie

100MTB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi - i will be there, BBQ sounds like a good idea !
Old 3 Sep 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3999895)   #44
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
You have to download the app first.
I have, but it still didn’t work 🤷*♂️
Old 3 Sep 2020, 20:48 (Ref:3999915)   #45
Mary Bell
Rookie

Mary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there. Amazingly not too sore after the 100. Should be able to stay for the barbie, David i hope too but he's not riding and i may see if Will my son may be able to join in on the ride, but he may have 'Daddy' duties. So looking forward to it. I'll see how i get on downloading the the route, I had terrible trouble getting to grips with Komoot calculating my 100.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 21:05 (Ref:3999922)   #46
Mary Bell
Rookie

Cliff, drop the 0 on your number and put +44. Just cracked it!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 01:51 (Ref:4000342)   #47
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Sorted thanks.

Collected bike from bike shop, all I need to do is give it a test run & should be good for next Sunday 👍
Old 8 Sep 2020, 15:01 (Ref:4000938)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I took the liberty of picking up some beers and cokes this afternoon.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 16:12 (Ref:4000956)   #49
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
My Daughter is a vegetarian. Is there anyone else. ?? Other wise its burgers and sausages in buns. Alan was on about salad "horrible stuff".
Old 8 Sep 2020, 16:13 (Ref:4000957)   #50
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I took the liberty of picking up some beers and cokes this afternoon.
Thanks Peter.