Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Jul 2005, 03:02 (Ref:1350753)   #1
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Impressive DTM marketing

I've been following the DTM a lot this past year and I'm extremely impressed with their marketing/promotional team. They must have hired some ex-Nascar marketing execs!! They've got so many promos going on. From having up and coming stars visiting the races, musicians, racecar visits, volleyball matches,invitational races,etc...

The WTCC could certainly learn a lot from them. Has anyone else noticed it?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 02:55 (Ref:1355149)   #2
kmchow
Veteran

Has anyone heard that the DTM will host a legends race that will have
former F1 drivers Emerson Fittipaldi, Nigel Mansell, Alain Prost, Jody Scheckter, Johnny Cecotto, as well as five-time World Motorbike Champion Mick Doohan race together on the same track. It will be for charity.

Unfortunately, it looks like the drivers aren't going to be able to race with the regular drivers. It looks more like the drivers are having a competition to see who can do the fastest lap. So it's not really an "official" race. The DTM should have the drivers do a short race with all of them on the track at the same time. It's a good start though.

If the manufacturers are afraid, they should have these guest drivers race their '03 or '04 cars instead.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1355357)   #3
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The DTM legends master race will be interestning! My bet is on Prost for the victory.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 14:25 (Ref:1355440)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My money is on Prost too, hes the only driver mentioned still racing competitvly as far as I am aware, hes currently doing several rounds of FFSA (French GT championship) in Viper and has been quite sucessful...
Old 14 Jul 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1355506)   #5
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's temporarily stopped the FFSA series until later this year, but I'd go for him and possibly Cecotto who knows a thing or two about going fast with a roof over his head
Old 14 Jul 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1355510)   #6
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mansell maybe ??? lol he did do touring cars in the BTCC with the mondeo IIRC.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1355570)   #7
kmchow
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy
Mansell maybe ??? lol he did do touring cars in the BTCC with the mondeo IIRC.
Didn't he end up in the gravel pits 2 or 3 races out of the 4 he's raced for?? He raced at 2 rounds (4 races) with Ford over 2 years?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1355577)   #8
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i remember donny where he went off final lap, and brands hatch i seem to remember him getting annoyed with tiff needle (sp?)
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1355733)   #9
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i bet Cecotto, he knows well current DTM cars