Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Jan 2020, 17:35 (Ref:3950885)   #301
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
http://www.downforceracing.uk/lines-...20-tcr-uk-tct/
Quote:
Last year, we had to run TCR UK and Touring Car Trophy as two separate series, racing together on track because we missed the deadline to change the regulations to make it simple to follow.

Now we had the time to do this, 2020 will see this run as one championship: The Dunlop Touring Car Trophy. The TCR UK Touring Car Championship will continue to run as normal, counting as a recognised TCR Series as part of the Global TCR family. Everyone races together on track.
So one championship, which will be the Touring Car Trophy, with the TCR Championship as a separate trophy within the Touring Car Trophy championship.

I assume this is just an overly complicated way of saying that TCR spec cars will now be eligible for overall TCT awards, or am I missing something.
Old 10 Jan 2020, 17:53 (Ref:3950888)   #302
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surprised they think they have enough cars to warrant two classes...
Old 12 Jan 2020, 22:28 (Ref:3951271)   #303
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Must have two cars...
Old 13 Jan 2020, 20:57 (Ref:3951412)   #304
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Must have two cars...
They do actually both Darelle Wilson and Lewis Kent have confirmed they are entering this year
Old 14 Jan 2020, 04:39 (Ref:3951500)   #305
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My understanding is that Mr Wilson has acquired a second Astra.
Old 29 Jan 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3954439)   #306
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post
They do actually both Darelle Wilson and Lewis Kent have confirmed they are entering this year
It's now 3 cars:

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2020...-uk-programme/
Old 29 Jan 2020, 17:37 (Ref:3954445)   #307
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I wouldn't count that third car just yet. Tim Docker committed to the series in 2018 and 2019 and only turned up to one meeting.
Old 29 Jan 2020, 23:16 (Ref:3954482)   #308
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If they can get into double figures, that’s an achievement. Too many times entries didn’t make a complete commitment to the series in the past couple of years
Old 29 Jan 2020, 23:56 (Ref:3954486)   #309
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
If they can get into double figures, that’s an achievement. Too many times entries didn’t make a complete commitment to the series in the past couple of years
That's an achievement to aim for for the first season, not the third, unfortunately. Hopefully they do get more entries, otherwise it seems much better suited to a Britcar class etc. and maybe tag onto that dream British WTCR / TCR Europe round.
Old 30 Jan 2020, 11:04 (Ref:3954536)   #310
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
MaximumGroup. Net2019 Touring Car Trophy (TCR)

They have tried by merging the two series, but it’s not looking good. They need to justify their place. Otherwise there’s no point continuing and might as well find another series. I don’t think there’ll be any international race in Britain either
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:25 (Ref:3956559)   #311
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TCR cars should be allowed in the BTCC, I know that won't happen as the BTCC has enough entries as it is.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 16:10 (Ref:3956619)   #312
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
TCR cars should be allowed in the BTCC, I know that won't happen as the BTCC has enough entries as it is.
That would be great to see. Then we would know if they are as good as BTCC cars for a third of the price...
Old 9 Feb 2020, 16:16 (Ref:3956621)   #313
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
That would be great to see. Then we would know if they are as good as BTCC cars for a third of the price...
We got to see a bit of an example at the last round of 2019.
Although judging how 'good' a car is based on lap time and cost alone is a bit of a futile effort.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 19:33 (Ref:3956657)   #314
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
We got to see a bit of an example at the last round of 2019.
Although judging how 'good' a car is based on lap time and cost alone is a bit of a futile effort.
I think that in these days of 'hard to find budget' that racers would welcome a car that has similar lap times, is less to maintain, prepare and has less upfront costs would welcome it.

Just think of who could have driven in the BTCC if they had this option.
Old 10 Feb 2020, 13:47 (Ref:3956752)   #315
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think that in these days of 'hard to find budget' that racers would welcome a car that has similar lap times, is less to maintain, prepare and has less upfront costs would welcome it.
Perhaps outside of the UK, but with their minimal grid size and the relative lack of exposure, the series is only favourable to gentleman drivers..in which case a series like Britcar where running expenses are significantly cheaper would be a better option overall
Old 10 Feb 2020, 21:42 (Ref:3956856)   #316
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't know where this idea that it is 1/3rd of the cost comes from. And in any case, the BTCC does not need to be cheap at the moment. Capacity grids for almost a decade now, and whilst you can argue some of the drivers on the grid aren't good enough, show me a series anywhere in the world where that isn't the case.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 18:21 (Ref:3961053)   #317
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Power Maxed and Trade Price Cars diversifying into TCR with a partnership to run a pair of Cupras- TPC boss Dan Kirby in one, the other currently TBA

Old 2 Mar 2020, 18:27 (Ref:3961054)   #318
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Power Maxed and Trade Price Cars diversifying into TCR with a partnership to run a pair of Cupras- TPC boss Dan Kirby in one, the other currently TBA

Good to see more entries, especially one from a couple of major BTCC teams.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 19:18 (Ref:3961069)   #319
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
I don't know where this idea that it is 1/3rd of the cost comes from. And in any case, the BTCC does not need to be cheap at the moment. Capacity grids for almost a decade now, and whilst you can argue some of the drivers on the grid aren't good enough, show me a series anywhere in the world where that isn't the case.
Last time i heard a BTCC car was c £300k to build new whereas a TCR car is c. £100k to buy new....think that is about right....a third of the cost....
Old 2 Mar 2020, 19:25 (Ref:3961072)   #320
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Last time i heard a BTCC car was c £300k to build new whereas a TCR car is c. £100k to buy new....think that is about right....a third of the cost....
Buying the car isn't the only part of running a car for multiple seasons though.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 06:58 (Ref:3988470)   #321
Evantra
Veteran

England
6 cars for 2020 season. Or first round at least!

https://twitter.com/neilhudson/statu...217229313?s=21
Old 15 Jul 2020, 08:36 (Ref:3988480)   #322
S griffin
Veteran

Getting double figure entries would be achievement at this time
Old 15 Jul 2020, 11:00 (Ref:3988512)   #323
redshoes
Veteran

6 is more than I was expecting. This year they run as a combined race with the VW Racing Cup, so 17 cars on the grid in total.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 11:43 (Ref:3988518)   #324
S griffin
Veteran

Not actually a bad solution. The VW racing cup is a close enough spec to run with IMHO. And we’ve seen a bit of variety in that series too, remember the SEAT.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 10:32 (Ref:3989199)   #325
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully everyone brings it home safe today, its a very damp day at Oulton.

Live streaming all day on The BRSCC channel on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/mY80WarjfoU

And Facebook page.

Last edited by medius; 18 Jul 2020 at 10:42.