Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Mar 2004, 14:18 (Ref:907048)   #1
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
best food

Which track offers the best cuisine?
Old 16 Mar 2004, 14:19 (Ref:907049)   #2
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nurburgerring
Old 16 Mar 2004, 14:23 (Ref:907054)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

My Scalextric one, in my backyard (around the BBQ !)
Old 16 Mar 2004, 14:25 (Ref:907058)   #4
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Doughnuts after the finish ( or is that only bikes nowadays )
Old 16 Mar 2004, 16:59 (Ref:907194)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
None that I've ever been to. Food at circuits is notoriously inedible. I have to be entirely honest, however, and say that a sandwich merguez with loads of mustard is de rigeur for me during every Le Mans weekend. Seems to really set my stomach up well for fois gras on Sunday night......
Old 16 Mar 2004, 17:35 (Ref:907249)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The best food so far for me is defenetly Sebring ..... Pork butt on a stick and good kebab's and sandwich's too , loads of ice always on hand ..... LeMans has a lot to learn about track food , if you brought a good vet to LeMans you could maybe bring some of the food to life again !!!
Old 16 Mar 2004, 17:36 (Ref:907253)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Or that lovely hot duck salad that they do in the "Picadilly" Ayse ..... foix gras and beef bourginoine and chips in the Tetre Rouge pub ..........
Old 16 Mar 2004, 20:39 (Ref:907468)   #8
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that it has to be Goodwood at the revival meeting. As with everything all the food is of a 1960's style. Also often served with a smile.

Simon
Old 16 Mar 2004, 21:07 (Ref:907508)   #9
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I carry a max of food in a coolbox : it's far cheaper than food from shops and restaurants of the circuit.
But, I never forget my 3h00 AM merguez-frites !

Last year, croissants were delivered very late in the circuit compound. It's because of a monopoly and a centralization of food deliveries !
The French cannot wait for morning croissants.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 21:25 (Ref:907534)   #10
Carse
Racer

Carse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Merguez-frites! Ill go along with that, eating them and drinking an ice-cold beer whilst standing on the bank or against the fence at Arnarge....Pure bliss! It has to be done!
Old 17 Mar 2004, 07:10 (Ref:907922)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Hey ! I forgot the delicious and fat Churos in November at LM ! Bernard and Pascal should remember too...
Old 17 Mar 2004, 08:51 (Ref:907974)   #12
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spa at Chez Mallett
Old 17 Mar 2004, 10:25 (Ref:908029)   #13
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Out of hospitalities Food at LM is quite more eatable than delicious !

BTW the tartiflette still a tradition and the croute vendeenne in the Chalet dowm the main street of the village is nice too.

Anyway it may be definitely LM which has the best out of track restaurants !!!

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 17 Mar 2004, 10:28 (Ref:908034)   #14
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Miami!

A two minute walk from the grandstands through the park to the Bayfront Shopping Centre which has an air conditioned food court.

Lots of different foods to choose from (not just the usual American burgers!) freshly cooked and very cheap prices.

It also has a bar serving very good Daiquiris!
Old 17 Mar 2004, 12:09 (Ref:908109)   #15
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Hey ! I forgot the delicious and fat Churos in November at LM ! Bernard and Pascal should remember too...

need to say it was hard to find something to eat at that time (except "La Vendée")
Old 17 Mar 2004, 13:37 (Ref:908189)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b

need to say it was hard to find something to eat at that time (except "La Vendée")
But not to drink !
Old 17 Mar 2004, 13:44 (Ref:908196)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BTW, don't forget to try one of the omelettes or the kebabs from the eaterie out at Arnage - not the first oen you come to, the one between Arnage and Indianapolis. Very nice. And they also do some very nice cider to wash it down with as well......
Old 17 Mar 2004, 13:45 (Ref:908198)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
But not to drink !

That looks like a bottle of....... WATER!
Old 17 Mar 2004, 13:48 (Ref:908204)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
That looks like a bottle of....... WATER!
Sorry mate, the liquid that counts is... in the glasses !

Notice that Bernard has two glasses, and both with deep red liquid... :confused: water ?

Last edited by Fab; 17 Mar 2004 at 13:49.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 13:53 (Ref:908215)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm pleased to hear it.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 14:21 (Ref:908237)   #21
FLASH
Rookie

FLASH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best food at motor sports events that I go to comes from my Marshals box. I always start my day marshalling with a Stotch Egg ... or 2. Pity those marshalling on my post! Parp parp.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 14:24 (Ref:908239)   #22
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Notice that Bernard has two glasses
So, he doesn't see good. What's wrong with that? He could try bifocals, though.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 14:28 (Ref:908244)   #23
Thommy
Racer

Germany
Kulmbach, Bavaria
Thommy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: best food

Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
Which track offers the best cuisine?
Hauenstein-Hillclimb...

Fantastic sausages, fantastic beer, fantastic girls...
Old 17 Mar 2004, 18:52 (Ref:908434)   #24
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Sorry mate, the liquid that counts is... in the glasses !
Notice that Bernard has two glasses, and both with deep red liquid... :confused: water ?
I have only one glass, with same kind of liquid, but white, not red.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 05:44 (Ref:908900)   #25
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Brats and beer at Road America.