Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 14 Nov 2000, 12:17 (Ref:48285)   #1
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to point everyone in the direction of this months CCC magazine. Seems to be very good. Lots of articles about club racing, old touring cars, motorbike engined cars, stock hatch rallycross, Metro 6R4's, a book about motorsport preparation and.....

How to drive a lap of Castle Combe!!! (Sorry Peter, couldn't resist).

So probably just about worth £3.20... just...

Old 14 Nov 2000, 17:58 (Ref:48335)   #2
D428 CHO
Rookie

D428 CHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's an excellent article in the latest Practical Classics mag about Classic Saloon Car Club racing too - what happens when a motoring journalist gets to try a few laps of Pembrey in a 300bhp SD1! I found it entertaining anyway, having been following the series on and off.
Old 14 Nov 2000, 21:30 (Ref:48362)   #3
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The jury is still out for me on that one, i'm not sure if i like the new "Funky" look.
It still has some top club racing articles in it.
Did anyone see my letter in there? it was at the start of last year.
Old 15 Nov 2000, 06:46 (Ref:48397)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by D428 CHO
There's an excellent article in the latest Practical Classics mag about Classic Saloon Car Club racing too - what happens when a motoring journalist gets to try a few laps of Pembrey in a 300bhp SD1! I found it entertaining anyway, having been following the series on and off.
Yep. There are two pics of my car during that race. However the writing is somewhat childish don't you think?

The Rover belongs to Julian Belcher and its fairly quick but 300bhp? I doubt it.
Old 15 Nov 2000, 15:50 (Ref:48443)   #5
D428 CHO
Rookie

D428 CHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed the famous red/yellow Capri snook into a couple of pictures

The writing was perhaps a bit childish, but considering it's not a magazine dedicated to motorsport I thought it still managed to convey some of the atmosphere and information nicely, at least for people like me who don't compete or attend every single race. 300bhp did sound a bit high, I've taken them too literally - it's probably more like 220 knowing how these things exaggerate!

Mental note: put CCC on shopping list, if only for the 6R4s!
Old 16 Nov 2000, 07:24 (Ref:48554)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You are absolutely right. I hope it does well for the CSCC. Incidentally, did you know there's a CSCC video from the season? In car footage etc. Skip to the CSCC website and place your order.

BTW. Its lucky your name matches your number plate. Saves all that cash!!!
Old 16 Nov 2000, 08:13 (Ref:48555)   #7
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too much info about 6R4's at the moment, postman brought 'Motorsport' yesterday, which had the second part of the 6R4 story...

Any questions anyone? I have 3 articles to read about the rally car now.. an answer must be on my lounge floor somewhere!!
Old 16 Nov 2000, 08:19 (Ref:48556)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
OK then,

What was the engine derived from?
Old 16 Nov 2000, 08:22 (Ref:48558)   #9
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
3/4 of a Rover V8....

Honda were going to provide an engine, but there was nothing suitable..
Old 16 Nov 2000, 11:35 (Ref:48570)   #10
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Incidentally, did you know there's a CSCC video from the season? In car footage etc. Skip to the CSCC website and place your order.
We placed an order for one of those fine videos (3 hours!) at the CSCC stand at the NEC last month.. Any ideas when they'll be ready?

Video features an extended interview with a certain P Mallett at Spa
Old 16 Nov 2000, 11:43 (Ref:48573)   #11
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know CCC's circulation? Is there a web site that gives these figures? I know Practical Classics sells approx 84,000