Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 13 Oct 2014, 15:29 (Ref:3464539)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
rFactor - 1965 Mod

I know people will say I'm harking back to my long-standing love for GPL, but has anyone tried the 1965 mod (with trackpack) for RF?

I've just got myself a new 24" monitor so I thought I'd try some racing sims on it, having done virtually no simracing for ages. I found the '65 mod and rather liked it. The cars look good, sound good and are infinitely easier to drive than the GPL cars. I then found the track pack. The tracks really are very good and make for some really nice close racing. I may even try a full 1965 season!
Old 13 Oct 2014, 21:45 (Ref:3464674)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But how do you get rid of the ungodly oversteer.......!
Old 17 Oct 2014, 06:38 (Ref:3465831)   #3
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I can get my Rfactor install up and running again I may have to give this a go.
Old 17 Oct 2014, 12:12 (Ref:3465910)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just learn how to drive it, the cars are actually quite easy to drive.

Some of the older 2.5 litre things are tricky, but compared to GPL this is an arcade game!
Old 18 Oct 2014, 11:46 (Ref:3466177)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh absolutely - just straight in and drive. Spa in the 'wet' is quite fun. Barrelling into Masta completely blinded by spray.......
Old 1 Nov 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3470488)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
This is a superb mod. Can't believe it hasn't attracted more interest here.
Old 1 Nov 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3470558)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mainlyu because the PC crowd have moved on.

Either to PCARS, Asseto Corsa or RF2. Or even iracing.

A tiny fan base spread over 4 titles that all hate each other, all have theri fans and all to be honest are fairly average titles.

RF for me is stll the best sim, but only leagues play it now, noone else.
Old 1 Nov 2014, 20:58 (Ref:3470579)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I tend to agree. I renewed my RF2 sub, only because I wanted to drive the BT20 at the old Spa, but I just can't set the thing up with my old Momo - and yet RF1 runs as smooth as silk with it. Assetto Corsa is doing absolutely nothing for me....
Old 1 Nov 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3470584)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Apparentlyu AC seems to be a damn sight easier to Mod for, hence it is getting greater popularity with modders.

PLus there isnt the ***** fighting there is with Pcars and RF2 where you were basiclaly funding beta testing because they didnt want to pay QA guys to do it.

Genius really, and part of the reason why I left both alone after an initial try.

I dont mind being a guinea pig, but shouldnt have to pay for the that right.

RV2 did nothing for me sadly, I still preferred RF1.
Old 1 Nov 2014, 22:04 (Ref:3470592)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, agree with you completely.
Old 12 Nov 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3473919)   #11
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've only just discovered this mod and all I can say is WOW!

They physics seem just right - not as 'hard' as GPL but then these cars weren't as hard to drive. It was all about precision. The cars look fantastic, with model variations to reflect the season. The immersion is fantastic with all the right tracks and trophy races alongside the main Grand Prix.

I wonder how many more copies RFactor would have sold if this mod had been available when it launched? This is GPL 2 as far as I am concerned. The only other Rfactor mod that comes close is GP1979.

I've also found quite a lot of TV coverage of this era - highlights from the Dutch GP highlight how surprisingly competitive the Honda was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itfBTH6uMDQ

Dare we hope that this might be modified for Rfactor 2?