Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Dec 2015, 23:15 (Ref:3599302)   #201
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to be honest but I had never heard of tartiflette until now (I blame my Dad who is the most unadventurous person in terms of food!) But I will definitely have a look out next year for some while I'm in France.

Range of topics of discussion on ten tenths continues to impress me!
Old 22 Dec 2015, 07:27 (Ref:3599373)   #202
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The tartiflette we made in camp in 2014 was amazing a major joint effort that was fun to make and tasted wonderful
Old 22 Dec 2015, 10:05 (Ref:3599398)   #203
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tartiflette

Never had one before, never heard of it till yesterday when I read this discussion. Made one last night for tea, but only had some mature cheddar, Brie and mozzarella. Added some paprika and breadcrumbs, double cream instead of whipping was lovely. Cheers!
Old 22 Dec 2015, 11:11 (Ref:3599408)   #204
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i can not say it was a quick meal to make on the campsite but we came prepared and purchased all the correct ingredients cooking some on the camp stoves and then placing the large dish in the cob BBQ for several hours, it was worth it
Old 6 Mar 2016, 22:00 (Ref:3620682)   #205
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Used the Guardian recipe - http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...ct-tartiflette - last night with plenty of lardons and a dash of double cream.

Maris Piper perhaps not waxy enough, but nevertheless much appreciated by the three generations of Le Mans spectators who scoffed it. Might pluck up the courage to try the one with the huge frying pan behind the main grandstands this year !
Old 7 Mar 2016, 10:35 (Ref:3620845)   #206
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The stall behind the stands is not always there, but as we proved you can do your own in the camp site with the aid of a suitable BBQ
Old 11 Mar 2016, 18:34 (Ref:3622200)   #207
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The stall behind the stands is not always there, but as we proved you can do your own in the camp site with the aid of a suitable BBQ
I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing it for a few years now......
Old 11 Mar 2016, 18:51 (Ref:3622203)   #208
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was there last year ...
Old 11 Mar 2016, 18:58 (Ref:3622206)   #209
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It seems to move around but for the last couple of times i have seen it it has been behind the grandstands below the aco building close to the foot tunnel
Old 11 Mar 2016, 21:04 (Ref:3622245)   #210
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I probably don't notice it as it's one of the things I don't seek out......
Old 11 Mar 2016, 23:26 (Ref:3622270)   #211
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I probably don't notice it as it's one of the things I don't seek out......
Saving all your appetite for andouillettes?
Old 12 Mar 2016, 08:49 (Ref:3622295)   #212
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, no, certainly not!
Old 12 Mar 2016, 12:20 (Ref:3622324)   #213
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Saving all your appetite for andouillettes?
Miamm ! With a pepper sauce
Old 12 Mar 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3622350)   #214
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
That should be a sticker issued by the Tourist Board to be placed on all the local produce in the Sarthe and Loire regions. A lot of it is delicious when you try it, but it's often better to not have its ingredients or preparation described to you first...
Potatoes, bacon, cream and stinky soft cheese?
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 5 Apr 2016, 20:33 (Ref:3630599)   #215
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For the People who are a bit lazy. If you don't want to peel the potatoes, you can try the "Croziflette". It is the same recipe but with "Savoie Pastas" called Crozets. You can find Natural falvoured, Chanterelles flavoures or Sarrasin flavoured Crozets. Quite delicious! (http://tasteofsavoie.com/2013/02/28/...-savoie-pasta/)

Bon appetit!!!!

Old 11 Apr 2016, 08:52 (Ref:3631830)   #216
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Been curing our own bacon over the last couple of weeks - and started 'harvesting' it over the weekend. Now all we need to do is sort our own reblochon and we can do tartiflette totally from first principles...

(Ayse - edited for image - dead)

Last edited by Aysedasi; 26 Jun 2017 at 15:11. Reason: Image link not working
Old 19 Apr 2016, 21:03 (Ref:3634981)   #217
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've cooked my own at home - it's definitely a lot more appetising than the frying pan version you see at the circuit.

I usually follow Anthony Bourdain's recipe but then add in garlic to the mix..

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/tartiflette
Old 14 Jun 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3741157)   #218
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1497441614085.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	49876
Old 14 Jun 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3741158)   #219
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Look what I found in the carrefour. (Not Simon )
Old 15 Jun 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3741558)   #220
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The tartiflette I ate yesterday in the grandstands alley was splendid and its price was as hot as the weather !
Old 19 Jun 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3745217)   #221
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
In case you wondered, Vince ate all the tartiflette but was not that impressed, so recommendation is don't buy the canned version
Old 19 Jun 2017, 20:52 (Ref:3745357)   #222
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I made some for my le mans party. Probably the best decision of the weekend