Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Apr 2016, 15:37 (Ref:3629318)   #1
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LeMans 2016 'big news'

I was listening to this week's Midweek Motorsport and at the end Hindy teased 'big news' about this year's Le Mans 24h which would be released exclusively this weekend.
Does someone have an idea what this could be?
A surprise entrant? But the entry list was already released.
Old 1 Apr 2016, 15:46 (Ref:3629320)   #2
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They have tendency to over exaggerate when it comes to these "exclusives", so probably just some driver announcement from affiliated team/friend or that they have new sponsor/content for LM etc
Old 1 Apr 2016, 19:26 (Ref:3629375)   #3
Mikelancs
Rookie

Mikelancs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't this the fact that Chris Hoy has a drive in LMP2 ?
Old 1 Apr 2016, 20:25 (Ref:3629390)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Could be exciting could be nothing. They like to talk about what they know, but can't say.
Old 2 Apr 2016, 14:24 (Ref:3629535)   #5
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No idea what RLM were referring to. But on the subject of MASSIVE breaking news - Le Mans have changed their hashtag for 2016.

https://twitter.com/24heuresdumans/s...32080866205696

Someone finally explained to them that as a global event it might be better to have a single hashtag rather than three.
Old 2 Apr 2016, 17:32 (Ref:3629583)   #6
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The biggest news so far seems to be that right now as I'm writing it
lemans.org
europeanlemansseries.com
fiawec.com
gt3lemanscup.com
are all under 'maintenance', permission denied, HTTP error occurred, or showing blank page

The only ACO one that is working atm is the ASLMS page
Old 2 Apr 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3629596)   #7
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just relistened it and have to say I'm sorry I misheard. Not this weekend but next week's midweek motorsport. But the question still stands what the news are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The biggest news so far seems to be that right now as I'm writing it
lemans.org
europeanlemansseries.com
fiawec.com
gt3lemanscup.com
are all under 'maintenance', permission denied, HTTP error occurred, or showing blank page

The only ACO one that is working atm is the ASLMS page
Adjusting for the new hashtag
Old 2 Apr 2016, 19:49 (Ref:3629620)   #8
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
No idea what RLM were referring to. But on the subject of MASSIVE breaking news - Le Mans have changed their hashtag for 2016.

https://twitter.com/24heuresdumans/s...32080866205696

Someone finally explained to them that as a global event it might be better to have a single hashtag rather than three.
Always struck by people who wilfully go for longer hashtag than needed (witness the absurd Nissan one of a year or so ago) - and indeed by those that try, Canute-like, to shape how people will naturally refer to things. #LM24 will, I suspect, be a little hard to shift.
Old 3 Apr 2016, 09:50 (Ref:3629795)   #9
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really didn't know where to place this, but the ACO Le Mans site is down due to:
Quote:
Due to a large audience on our website, we cannot show the requested page, please excuse us for this inconvenience.
Have I missed a big announcement today?
http://www.lemans.org
Old 3 Apr 2016, 12:16 (Ref:3629844)   #10
Deleted
Veteran

It was down all yesterday as well, for the same "reason"
Old 3 Apr 2016, 14:53 (Ref:3629890)   #11
Mikelancs
Rookie

Believe this is now that they F1 race at Baku will start at 4pm and Le Mans will finish at the usual historic time
Old 3 Apr 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3629957)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelancs View Post
Believe this is now that they F1 race at Baku will start at 4pm and Le Mans will finish at the usual historic time
Is that 4.00pm Baku time or french time or uk time
Old 3 Apr 2016, 18:25 (Ref:3629958)   #13
Mikelancs
Rookie

I believe that's 4pm French time so will start and hour later than previously planned?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Is that 4.00pm Baku time or french time or uk time
Old 3 Apr 2016, 18:33 (Ref:3629963)   #14
Mikelancs
Rookie

Quote:
I believe that's 4pm French time so will start and hour later than previously planned?
Now apparently this was the case but, Azerbaijani has cancelled Daylight saving this year!
So race will start as Lemans finishes !
Old 3 Apr 2016, 18:43 (Ref:3629964)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Now apparently this was the case but, Azerbaijani has cancelled Daylight saving this year!
So race will start as Lemans finishes !
so if it is french time the race will still start an hour later if it baku time the TV schedules will be blown and tv companies all around the world will be very unhappy
Old 3 Apr 2016, 21:01 (Ref:3630013)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The historic (as far as I'm concerned ) is 4pm. It's when it used to be, elections and other lesser events aside.

Surely this isn't big news. The start of the GP has no bearing to me that weekend, it could much earlier, even the beginning of April for all I'll care.
Old 4 Apr 2016, 09:12 (Ref:3630141)   #17
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only way the Baku GP start time change will effect Le Mans is if they move the Le Mans start time earlier so that the end doesn't clash with the F1. Doubt they would do that as the Saturday morning races have already be sorted out.

Although this probably isn't anything, they have my interest
Old 4 Apr 2016, 11:57 (Ref:3630197)   #18
Mikelancs
Rookie

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...ns-clash-stays

From autosport = Baku will start at 3pm EU time so will clash with the conclusion of LeMans - yet another reason to stop watchin that feeder series, not that it bothers me as I'll be on Dunlop curve at La Sarthe!
Old 4 Apr 2016, 13:35 (Ref:3630238)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
As you said at 3.00pm on the sunday the last ting on our minds will be F1, I will be watching at Tertre Rouge before jumping in the car and heading home
Old 4 Apr 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3630279)   #20
Mikelancs
Rookie

Quote:
As you said at 3.00pm on the sunday the last ting on our minds will be F1, I will be watching at Tertre Rouge before jumping in the car and heading home
Back to work Monday morning is it?
Old 4 Apr 2016, 16:29 (Ref:3630289)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
No but i prefer to leave sunday, did stay on many years ago but found it was always strange after the race, it is a little better in tertre rouge but in the old days in Houx it always got very strange with cars racing around the site and once the security had gone you felt nervous about leaving stuff. So for the last few years we have always headed home after the race
Old 4 Apr 2016, 16:40 (Ref:3630294)   #22
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No but i prefer to leave sunday, did stay on many years ago but found it was always strange after the race, it is a little better in tertre rouge but in the old days in Houx it always got very strange with cars racing around the site and once the security had gone you felt nervous about leaving stuff. So for the last few years we have always headed home after the race
Houx has still security on monday morning
Old 4 Apr 2016, 18:58 (Ref:3630327)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
Houx has still security on monday morning
when we used to camp there they all went home after the race
Old 5 Apr 2016, 18:31 (Ref:3630562)   #24
Mikelancs
Rookie

Quote:
Yes we leave Sunday evening for the night ferry - tends to be quieter on roads and ferry - and then again after the race your just waiting to go home really, and wait for next year!
Old 5 Apr 2016, 18:33 (Ref:3630564)   #25
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Yes we leave Sunday evening for the night ferry - tends to be quieter on roads and ferry - and then again after the race your just waiting to go home really, and wait for next year!
Will not actually be waiting that long as a couple of weeks later will be heading back for the classic