Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 16 Dec 2002, 17:56 (Ref:451284)   #1
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gpl

What are peoples best times at SPA

Mine is a 3m41s

Mian problem is braking at right time for last corner, and having the guts to go really fast at that right left kink at the end of that really long straight where you can reach 200mph, running parallel with a railway line.

The CPU seams to throw the car almost completely sideways a fair bit befor the corner, so that you can bearly even see it.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 18:10 (Ref:451293)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
3:20.127 in the Eagle
3:20.900 in the Ferrari

Lots more to come, I think.

See you online on VROC pirenzo?
Old 16 Dec 2002, 18:22 (Ref:451302)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's VROC?
Old 16 Dec 2002, 20:47 (Ref:451375)   #4
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Online racing. I have either my PC at uni with broadband that's too rubbish to play GPL, or the monster lurking in the computer room at home that eats GPL and spits it out with crappy metered access with a ping of 3 million or something. So no online for me then. Bah.

Spa?? Ithink I'm around 3:21 something. It's the Ring that buggers my rank 9:30 or whatever. I mean, I KNOW the thing like the back of my hand, I just can't help buggering it up at least once per lap. Arse.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 21:40 (Ref:451420)   #5
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
try www.vroc.net and http://gplrank.schuerkamp.de/php-pub/gplrank.php and http://gplpp.com/

enjoy
Old 16 Dec 2002, 23:04 (Ref:451479)   #6
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3:25 something I know I can go faster I just keep ducking up when I push much harder.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 23:20 (Ref:451487)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
If I hadn't lost the fricking CD when I cleared out my room, then I would have been able to try it on my new computor.

Ont he old PC, I always felt that the graphics it allowed didn't give enough feel of place, i was never sure how close to a corner I was, and, particularly where the track was closely bordered by barriers, or concrete walls, or indeed anything that never varied (unlike a hedge, since the hedge posts flash by), I tended to completely misjudge braking and either fly off the track, or in a way, more annoyingly, braking way way too early, damn!

Have the same problem as Tristan at Nurbergring, but only know the track really well up to the Flugplatz (the "jump" before a fairly easy right hander)
Old 17 Dec 2002, 00:40 (Ref:451532)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3.50 or something like that. I'm beating my head against a brickwall by using the keyboard, i'm going to have to bite the bullett and get a wheel.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 08:14 (Ref:451650)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
3.50 or something like that. I'm beating my head against a brickwall by using the keyboard, i'm going to have to bite the bullett and get a wheel.

You really must bite it racer. I can't imagine now playing without my Momo.....
Old 17 Dec 2002, 20:45 (Ref:452071)   #10
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3:18, and i know that i could get a 3:17 without too much effort, and i even think that if i absoloutely nailed the whole lap a might just slip into the 3:16s, but thats just a pipe dream really.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 20:46 (Ref:452073)   #11
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
btw, i took masta flat yesterday, just scrubed off speed by sliding the car through the curves. what agreat feeling that was, i was cheering all the way down the next straight.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 23:40 (Ref:452234)   #12
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You lucky b*stard, I want a MOMO boo hoooo
Old 18 Dec 2002, 08:14 (Ref:452448)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't know what a Momo is going for now, but there should be some good deals around, maybe even better after Xmas. I got mine via Dabs.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 14:12 (Ref:460957)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I understand MOMOs are going for as little as 80 quid right now. A steal.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 13:38 (Ref:472995)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by ozywoodwards
btw, i took masta flat yesterday, just scrubed off speed by sliding the car through the curves. what agreat feeling that was, i was cheering all the way down the next straight.

I am soooooooooooo close to taking Masta flat. I did a 5 lap Spa race a couple of nights ago, and finally got down to nothing more than a tiny "comfort" lift. Its one of those amazing corners, isn't it - feels so satisfying when you get it right. I remember the huge accidents I used to have there - I used to go off at least 6-7 times out of every 10!