Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Sep 2023, 03:05 (Ref:4176384)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Clarion Sandown 500

…when GT was filled with enthusiastic patrons…
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Sep 2023, 05:53 (Ref:4176503)   #27
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Brakes in spotlight.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/09/13...f-sandown-500/
Old 13 Sep 2023, 07:23 (Ref:4176504)   #28
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Holdsworth pumped.

https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...-with-mostert/
Old 14 Sep 2023, 05:35 (Ref:4176570)   #29
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Drivers bracing for uncertainty.......

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/09/14...wn-500-stints/
Old 14 Sep 2023, 06:26 (Ref:4176572)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Time gif reality to return.. a 888 1-2-3 coming up.
Old 14 Sep 2023, 23:07 (Ref:4176678)   #31
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Whincup excited.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/09/15...w-sandown-500/
Old 15 Sep 2023, 12:07 (Ref:4176719)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So…
The really odd brake replacement rules have electric mini drills spinning nibbed retaining bolts into two separate holes in the upright during a calliper and pad replacement. There seems not to be a solution to spin 2 at a time, and no farmers logic as to spin one in part way, use the bottom bolt to seat the calliper, then tighten the top fully.
There was an issue with wheel nuts having issues of temperature and expansion rates of different materials.. some cars have lost wheels this season, including MSR at a recent test day.
How do you reckon the brake changer will go plonking 2 shiny new, presumably stone cold bolts into a very warm upright. Or if they reuse the existing bolts, have they adequately survived the removal process from the upright without damage to them, or the thread…
And last year, and previously, the brake replacement was pads, calipers and rotors as a set… now we have cold pads on hot rotors and a bloke or blokette looking to home 2 bolts into somewhere they can’t see.. in record time..
And the teams seem to be running helper springs in the piston/pad area to push the pads against the rotor as hard as they can as a solution to avoid pedal knockoff.. only problem with that seems to be the wheels dont seem to turn so good (as shown at Tickford today) such that there seems to be a permanent drag…
Which would do wonders for pad and rotor temperature & therefore feel, and require more of the engine to overcome when attempting to achieve maximum warp

Lucky the fuel stop takes half the day to allow for all manner of Murphy’s Law yo be satisfied here.. Not that anyone seems to have an idea as to how far these things can go on a tank, or whether a Ford is more economical than a Chev… or not..

Can’t wait to see what happens at Bathurst…
Old 16 Sep 2023, 03:07 (Ref:4176807)   #33
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will we see a Ford in the top five on Sunday?
Old 16 Sep 2023, 04:32 (Ref:4176811)   #34
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Will we see a Ford in the top five on Sunday?
Maybe, qualifying produced some surprises, wait and see what tyre wear and fuel economy outcomes are like.
Old 16 Sep 2023, 04:35 (Ref:4176812)   #35
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I usually avoid this forum because, unfortunately, I see the V8s race several months after the fact. However, being a GM/Camaro fella from Atlanta, this is so awesome! Coca-cola liveries are very rare and this is one of my favorites of all time.

Old 16 Sep 2023, 08:15 (Ref:4176817)   #36
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Mid-event change.

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/mid-even...ds-at-sandown/
Old 16 Sep 2023, 08:23 (Ref:4176818)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I usually avoid this forum because, unfortunately, I see the V8s race several months after the fact. However, being a GM/Camaro fella from Atlanta, this is so awesome! Coca-cola liveries are very rare and this is one of my favorites of all time.

A 1-2 in the less fancied order was a big get for this team.

Mr Hazelwood in his Mustang, in what seems to be one of his final rides with this team into 6th was a great showing too!
Old 16 Sep 2023, 11:02 (Ref:4176826)   #38
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
What benefit is this change
Old 16 Sep 2023, 11:12 (Ref:4176829)   #39
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mite5255 View Post
Gives the mustang more constant acceleration and speed on the straights.

Brodie still clocked a speed of 255kph, most of the other camaros in the top ten were doing 254kph while the mustangs were doing 252-253kph except for Hazelwood who clocked 254kph.
Old 16 Sep 2023, 11:14 (Ref:4176830)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mite5255 View Post
Reduces the time the spark to the engine stops, which means less of a revs drop
In theory it can make a difference.. in the minute time changes, measured in milliseconds, you might wonder will anyone notice on the stopwatch
Old 16 Sep 2023, 23:22 (Ref:4176940)   #41
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice gesture from Grove and Penrite to take one of the cars via Mr Moffat’s nursing home for a viewing.

Hopefully Moffat senior will give the Grove boys, a few extra ponies down that long Sandown straight!
Old 17 Sep 2023, 01:23 (Ref:4176961)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Murphy might have done fun getting any info from the 888 mob..

Suggesting on the telecast just now that Mr Van Gisbergen has given up on Supercar, to such an extent that he recommends that Mr Stanaway replace him for the rest of the year in #97… :eek

It’s kind of a big deal…

Mr Skaife didn’t argue either…0
Old 17 Sep 2023, 01:36 (Ref:4176964)   #43
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How anybody can watch that shootout and believe there is a parity issue is beyond me.

That was a seriously entertaining entertaining season with nothing between the cars and the only guy who didn't make a mistake got pole.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 02:08 (Ref:4176971)   #44
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
How anybody can watch that shootout and believe there is a parity issue is beyond me.

That was a seriously entertaining entertaining season with nothing between the cars and the only guy who didn't make a mistake got pole.
Um it was only close in qualifying because of mid-event changes, read below.

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/mid-even...ds-at-sandown/
Old 17 Sep 2023, 02:28 (Ref:4176976)   #45
Kingair
Veteran

Will SVG, do Bathurst and then pull the pin?

Pillow talk!
Old 17 Sep 2023, 03:17 (Ref:4176979)   #46
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Will SVG, do Bathurst and then pull the pin?

Pillow talk!
I think he'll stay the distance, he made a couple of errors in qualifying and that's why he is down the grid.

https://www.supercars.com/videos/cha...to-qualifying/
Old 17 Sep 2023, 03:26 (Ref:4176981)   #47
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Gives the mustang more constant acceleration and speed on the straights.

Brodie still clocked a speed of 255kph, most of the other camaros in the top ten were doing 254kph while the mustangs were doing 252-253kph except for Hazelwood who clocked 254kph.
thanks
Old 17 Sep 2023, 03:28 (Ref:4176982)   #48
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Reduces the time the spark to the engine stops, which means less of a revs drop
In theory it can make a difference.. in the minute time changes, measured in milliseconds, you might wonder will anyone notice on the stopwatch
thanks
Old 17 Sep 2023, 04:09 (Ref:4176985)   #49
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fearing WAU's repair bills next year after that Super2 race.

Anybody else feel Erebus are too conservative with codrivers compared to 888?

I guess time will tell.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 04:50 (Ref:4176986)   #50
Mixer
Veteran

Zak Best the "forgotten" man

perhaps Best if he stays that way