Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Jan 2020, 20:09 (Ref:3952811)   #1
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
COPENHAGEN HISTORIC GRAND PRIX

Contrary to what has been said earlier, there will be a Formula Junior grid at this year's Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix, although a minimum of 15 entries will be needed. Entries are not yet open, but should open soon. Homepage https://www.chgp.dk/#
Old 22 Jan 2020, 23:08 (Ref:3952833)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-G Sjöberg View Post
Contrary to what has been said earlier, there will be a Formula Junior grid at this year's Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix, although a minimum of 15 entries will be needed. Entries are not yet open, but should open soon. Homepage https://www.chgp.dk/#
sadly this clashes with Silverstone Classic this year so will affect UK entries.
Old 23 Jan 2020, 05:55 (Ref:3952863)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
COPENHAGEN HISTORIC GRAND PRIX

Now added to calendar!
Old 23 Jan 2020, 10:03 (Ref:3952890)   #4
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

The clash with Silverstone Classic led to the initial information that CPHG would let Formula Junior have a sabbatical in 2020, which did not go down well with the Nordic Formula Junior owners. An enquiry sent out among them resulted in 13 unreserved "Yes" and 4 "Maybe" as to participation. Of course, the organisers would love to see some international entries as well. Maybe there are some who prefer the relaxed and welcoming atmosphere of Copenhagen over Silverstone.
Old 27 Feb 2020, 23:05 (Ref:3960260)   #5
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
The Sixty-Fivers have not been invited to provide their usual grids this year so it looks like I'll be at Silverstone Classic after all....
Old 28 Feb 2020, 09:58 (Ref:3960297)   #6
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
The Sixty-Fivers have not been invited to provide their usual grids this year so it looks like I'll be at Silverstone Classic after all....
David, The whole thing regarding the '65 class seems a bit confusing. At the same time (yesterday) that Nikolaj Mortensen announced that there will not be any Sixtyfivers at the Copenhagen GP, the organizers, on their homepage, added the '65 class to those who would race!

I am just speculating, but my assumption is that there has been a fall-out between Nikolaj and his "Sixtyfivers" organization and the organizers of the Copenhagen GP, and that the organizers therefore intend to have the '65 class race under their own banner and not that of "Sixtyfivers". Nikolaj has, as we all know, done an excellent job with the "Sixtyrfivers", but since it has been by invitation only (or rather selection by Nikolaj) I know that there are drivers, whose entries have not been accepted, who has been very dissatisfied. Maybe that could be a reason?

Stay tuned for more information, but for the time being, the '65 class is listed on the CHGP homepage.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 15:12 (Ref:3960376)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Thanks, I saw that too - but I could not find any Regulations to indicate who it is aimed at and what the car entry requirements are (HTP etc). The advantage of the Sixty-Fivers club organising the race is that one has confidence in the ability of the other racers on a small and narrrow track, and also in the strict management of driving standards issues should incidents occur. As a self-preparer that is important to me and I wouldn't enter without knowing who is making up the rest of the grid.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 20:42 (Ref:3961090)   #8
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

Entries for the Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix August 1-2, 2020, are now open. Enter through the CHGP homepage https://www.chgp.dk/race-entry/?lang=en. Keep in mind that the entry fee will go up if you wait. If you have questions, I suggest you contact Alexander Kadijevix, email alexander@chgp.dk.
Old 11 May 2020, 19:09 (Ref:3975598)   #9
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

The Copenhagen GP has now been postponed. A new date is decided and will be communicated shortly.
Old 29 May 2020, 15:32 (Ref:3979188)   #10
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

A new date has now been announced for the Copenhagen Historic GP: October 9-11.