Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 31 May 2008, 00:18 (Ref:2215658)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Best Buy 400 Benefiting Student Clubs for Autism Speaks at Dover Intl Speedway

i hope i got the race name right this week in the thread title .

Monster Mile qualifying times:

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2008...ta/lineup.html

Chad McCumbee and the #45 miss the field along with Jason Lefter's #70.

Bill Elliott is back in the #21 and whatdoyaknow, the car makes the race this week starting in the top 25.

the Bif is on pole and the Busch sisters round out the top 3 spots.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 31 May 2008 at 00:20.
Old 31 May 2008, 11:46 (Ref:2215857)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just put Dover weekend thread, it's way easier.
Old 31 May 2008, 20:48 (Ref:2216135)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
...and terribly boring and monotinous
can't be easier than copy & paste
Old 1 Jun 2008, 06:13 (Ref:2216273)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Truck Points... Round 8!

1. Rick Crawford - 1131
2. Matt Crafton - 1111
3. Ron Hornaday - 1107
4. Todd Bodine - 1082
5. Johnny Benson - 1077
6. Jack Sprague - 1066
7. Mike Skinner - 1064
8. David Starr - 1063
9. Terry Cook - 1049
10. Chad McCumbee - 1026

Nationwide Points... Round 14!

1. Clint Bowyer - 2028
2. Kyle Busch - 1907
3. Carl Edwards - 1884
4. David Reutimann - 1862
5. Brad Keselowski - 1816
6. Mike Bliss - 1772
7. David Ragan - 1740
8. Jason Leffler - 1634
9. Mike Wallace - 1624
10. David Stremme - 1619
Old 1 Jun 2008, 09:11 (Ref:2216382)   #5
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eh? I give up - it's sponsorship insanity.

What track we at? Which series is this? Which team's on pole? I'm not sure I can work it out
Old 1 Jun 2008, 10:02 (Ref:2216435)   #6
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Public holiday in may part of the world tomorrow, so I get to see the race live.....if it was televised live like it is most weeks ....ah it's not too bad, 6:30am only a couple of hrs delayed.

Kyle Busch got taken out by his teammate Leffler in the Nationwide race, the interview is hilarious, ol Kyle isn't shy...

Should be a good race, I love this track

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 1 Jun 2008, 13:08 (Ref:2216707)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
great track and i hope the weather is a bit better for the Cup race.

kyle has had some strange luck lately...running so fast and so good, and either having something break or now getting taken out by his teammate.

you can't win 'em all. kyle has come pretty close to doing so this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Eh? I give up - it's sponsorship insanity.
yeah....and why have commercials? there is rolling billboards at every race with billboards plastered on the infield grass. money talks, i reckon.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2217001)   #8
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On the prerace show they asked JPM what his favorite track is and he said Dover. I believe they said "favorite track in the world". I am surprised by the choice, even if the question is limited to NASCAR. Hopefully his love of Dover translates on the track today!

3 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Williams-Renault 42 (1 win, 1 pole)

Anyone could have won in the 97' Williams...
Old 1 Jun 2008, 18:33 (Ref:2217029)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Boogity boogity boogity. Bash bash bash.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 18:42 (Ref:2217038)   #10
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, I've found live timing.

Good to see JPM sneak through the carnage..

Last edited by Steevp; 1 Jun 2008 at 18:45.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 18:46 (Ref:2217042)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Six chase runners involved in that.

Stewart with the usual reaction.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 19:02 (Ref:2217064)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Is this the last race on FOX did I just hear there?

So will we have Bill Weber and Wally Dallenbach next week?

Still, it won't be long after that it'll be onto Dr JP and crew.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2217077)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Huewen: "Greg Biffle looks like he's got a car all of his own."
Old 1 Jun 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2217119)   #14
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
JPM's spotter: "2nd fastest car that time round buddy!"
Old 1 Jun 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2217128)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
So far JPM is doing very well.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 19:42 (Ref:2217129)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Rain coming apparently, so need to rattle off a few more laps here.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 19:46 (Ref:2217134)   #17
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Pardon my ignorance, but why put Stewart back into the race so many laps down?
Old 1 Jun 2008, 19:47 (Ref:2217135)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, points are all important in this series. If people drop out he'll gain positions and a handful of points.

Also, they can get some more data for the car.

Once we get to 70 laps to go, or however many laps he is down, he'll probably park it.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 19:48 (Ref:2217138)   #19
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Ok, I get it, more laps to run that he missed.. How far down do they score points?
Old 1 Jun 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2217139)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

All the way down!
Old 1 Jun 2008, 20:06 (Ref:2217164)   #21
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The encouraging thing is that JPM's car has consistently improved every time Pattie has adjusted it. He has a good shot at winding up in the top 10 when it is all said and done.

3 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Williams-Renault 42 (1 win, 1 pole)

Anyone could have won in the 97' Williams...
Old 1 Jun 2008, 20:08 (Ref:2217166)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He does run well at Dover of course, he was top ten here last autumn.

Carpentier bothers me, he has this habit of just turning down onto people running below him. Just did it to Mayfield there and got a deserved puncture.

Looking like more scabby luck for The Biff.

Wouldn't want to be driving the 29.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 20:11 (Ref:2217170)   #23
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, JPM is having a good run (esp considering his starting position). He often runs well pretty well, though - it just seems to go a bit to crap in the last period. Here is hoping not so this time.

I missed the first 40 laps (what lap was this big wreck I missed?) - currently sleeping in a tent, so it took a while to find a hotel to book a room for the night with a room available immediately. This race is costing me 125 bucks to see.

(And bonus - just discovered ABC is on this TV too.)

Last edited by Dutton; 1 Jun 2008 at 20:14.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2217174)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The wreck was quite early on, lap 30-ish I think.

Sadler got wrecked and Stewart, Kahne, Harvick, Hamlin, Jr. et al piled into him.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2217176)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
So will we have Bill Weber and Wally Dallenbach next week?
that's a double edged sword...Mike "Captian Cliche" Joy, Larry "radio voice" MACreynolds and JAWS can get old right after boogiety boogiety....they ALL make me want to just listen to MRN and PRN. now those guys are good.

love to see Vickers and the 83 get a result worthy of how they've been racing this year...still a few laps left.